Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    The Ocon Verstappen incident is a clear example of third party teams/drivers with links to one of the big three.. interfering with the race lead to please his masters.

He would never have done that to Hamilton or Bottas.

I dont like it, it shouldnt happen but are there are no rules to stop the likes of this happening?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    The Ocon Verstappen incident is a clear example of third party teams/drivers with links to one of the big three.. interfering with the race lead to please his masters.

He would never have done that to Hamilton or Bottas.

I dont like it, it shouldnt happen but are there are no rules to stop the likes of this happening?
    I doubt it was intentional or done to please or at the request of Mercedes. It was a red mist moment that got out of hand. Ocon was going to forceably unlap himself because he thinks he has a better pace than Verstapenn with older tyres. And Verstapenn had the view he was the race leader hence Ocon should get out of his way and stay behind where he belongs. In this circumstances, a crash was inevitable as there was a lack of mutual respect.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 15th November 2018 at 13:48.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: N. Jones (13th November 2018),N4D13 (14th November 2018),Tazio (17th November 2018)
    Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    These two have bad blood going back to their F3 rivary where Ocon got the better of Verstapenn. There may be some jealousy there, Verstapenn has gone on to better things with Ocon departing into the sidelines in 2019. How being a Mercedes junior has failed to reward Ocon has turned out to be a tough medicine to take. Spare a thought for Werhlein whom has all but disappeared into oblivion.
    It was not a good picture of Ocon , laughing at his rival in the heated conversation .
    It looks like Max gets the last laugh this time , though , as he's still driving next year and Kubica may take the last seat .

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    It's poor taste to laugh at a mentally challenged individual.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I doubt it was intentional or done to please or at the request of Mercedes. It was a red mist moment that got out of hand. Ocon was going to forceably unlap himself because he thinks he has a better pace than Verstapenn with older tyres. And Verstapenn had the view he was the race leader hence Ocon should get out of his way and stay behind where he belongs. In his circumstances, a crash was inevitable as there was a lack of mutual respect.

Yes, of course I'm not saying it was done under orders from a higher level.. but there is no way in hell he would have done it to either of the Merc drivers.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    He wouldn't have needed to. I doubt that either would have got into this pointless fight with someone in a different race.

8. Likes: Tazio (17th November 2018),truefan72 (14th November 2018)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    People who continue saying that Formula 1 racing is boring can now shut up once again. I had such low expectations that at first I didn't want to watch the Brazilian GP. Hamilton is the champion. Game over. Lame duck season. But oh boy, we have all been surprised there.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    As much as Ocon tried to demonstrate what a tough guy he is and justify his actions, all he did was demonstrate that he's a retard.

Even if it was for position, he was in the wrong. He never had "authority" for the corner and expected Verstappen to back out because he was supposedly far enough alongside. Verstappen is the lead car and is entitled to turn right into a right hand corner.

Where his lack of nous is demonstrated (And good team managers will recognise this), is that if that was for the win then he would've cost himself/team the win. If his pace was that much better than Verstappen and he could make his way past in those first two corners, then one corner away they're onto a straight and he could've got him. But drivers these days with the lack of professional decorum are too dumb to realise that.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    But drivers these days with the lack of professional decorum are too dumb to realise that.
    I think Alonso said something along those lines recently. I wonder if one could say the drivers are complacent of the fact that F1 has got so safe, hence are willing to take more risks as a result drive with poor mutual respect than the schumacher generation for instance? Or do we need to go far back to the Stewart generation for instance.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 17th November 2018 at 15:40.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    If his pace was that much better than Verstappen and he could make his way past in those first two corners, then one corner away they're onto a straight and he could've got him. But drivers these days with the lack of professional decorum are too dumb to realise that.
    No one said his car was faster, just that he was on better tires at the time. Therefor passing on the straight was not a option. He was substantially quicker in the corners though and that's were he attempted the pass.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

13. Likes: Tazio (17th November 2018)