Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Has Redbull been messing with Ricciado's car?

Some might find the imbalance in the DNF of Ricciado compared to Verstapenn this season very suspect but the same happened to Verstapenn last year. Is it really suspect or just the run of luck? It was bad enough for Danny to say his car was cursed. So what's really going on???
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd November 2018 at 23:42.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    No real proof, is there?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    No, that would be crazy. Why lose all those points? Without Ricciardo’s failures they would have had a slim but not unreasonable chance at taking the second ar least Constructors championship. No team is going to sacrifice money. Sometimes a drivers get failures without any explanation apparent.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No, that would be crazy. Why lose all those points?
    The more points a team scores, the bigger their entry fee is for next year.

Without Ricciardo’s failures they would have had a slim but not unreasonable chance at taking the second ar least Constructors championship.
    If you doubled Verstappen's score, they'd have been just as much chance to get 2nd off Ferrari as Tyrrell are. If you doubled Ricciardo's score, Renault are as much chance of getting 3rd as Tyrrell are.

No team is going to sacrifice money. Sometimes a drivers get failures without any explanation apparent.
    Except for the 2016 Malaysian GP, where MB blatantly prepared a car to break down to help their favoured driver, Rosberg, to win the title...

5. Likes: Bagwan (3rd November 2018)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    No, not this again.

Sure Danny has had a appalling reliability... but unless you have at least some form of evidence to present to us that suggests Dannys car might have been knobbled, I'm just not going to even consider it.

7. Likes: airshifter (5th November 2018),Duncan (11th November 2018),N. Jones (5th November 2018)
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    No, not this again.

Sure Danny has had a appalling reliability... but unless you have at least some form of evidence to present to us that suggests Dannys car might have been knobbled, I'm just not going to even consider it.
    Aha! They paid you to be the skeptical part of the conspiracy didn't they?

I really never understood why anyone would think any team would sabotage one of their cars, especially in a day and age where team orders are legal.

At least I haven't seen anyone accuse Ricciardo of being a "car breaker" as I've seen that argument in the past when one driver has less reliability than the other on the team.

9. Likes: gm99 (5th November 2018)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    No, not this again.

I doubt Redbull has been messing with Ricciado's car. But one cannot help noticing odd occurences. It is fair to say that all including Redbull were not expecting Ricciado to pip Verstapenn to pole. Hence, it looked off when he had such a bad start of the line when the lights went out; which incidentally made it possible for Vserstapenn to take the lead of the race effortlessly. It is also interesting to notice the Ricciado's car problem manifest after it appeared very likely that he may be able to push his car up into the sharp end and possibly challenge Verstapenn for the lead of the race before the chequered flag.

This thread was inspired by the wonder of what might have happened if Ricciado did not have the DNF. There was every signs that he may have challenged for the race win.

The 2016 season that saw Rosberg become world champion would suggest that team knobbling do occur where they wish to favour their interest in one side of the grid. The team can alter most aspects of the car remotely hence anything is possible. Especially in this particular situation where Ricciado is mostly seen as a Renault man other than a Redbull man if you like.

But l emphasize, l doubt this is the case here.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th November 2018 at 17:14.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Idk what RB are doing. But when I read elsewhere about using experimental, unproven parts only on Ricciardo's car, then it doesn't surprise me. With Ricciardo announcing he's going to Renault, it's understandable for RB to lean towards Verstappen.

Even if RB are giving preparing two cars similarly and it's a case of a serious run of misfortune for Ricciardo. It doesn't seem to me that RB are really worried and are going to go all out to try and solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The 2016 season that saw Rosberg become world champion would suggest that team knobbling do occur where they wish to favour their interest in one side of the grid.
    Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Likes: Bagwan (6th November 2018)