Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Max Verstapenn - Back to back winner of the Mexico GP. I think Gasley, Leclerc, Russell and Norris are getting a great view of what they shall be up against post the Hamilton era. Shame he did not get to be the youngest pole seater. What a race at the front, wow. Ferrari did well to snatch two podium positions, unfortunately Vettel could not steal the win fron Redbull and Verstapenn. Great to see Van Doorne finally pick up two points.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 29th October 2018 at 12:16.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: N. Jones (29th October 2018),truefan72 (29th October 2018)
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Quite the race with tires once again playing a major hand in how things worked out.

Danny Ric was slow off the line, but both Max and Lewis were blazing fast. For a second or two I thought Lewis was going to challenge on the outside of turn one, but did the smart thing for his race and got on the brakes a little early. Not that it would have mattered much, because it seemed like Max dove in fairly deep to make sure he got the corner.

Seb once again driving like there was nobody else on track. That move on Bottas could have gotten ugly really quick.

From there it seemed like the battles at the front were mostly down to tires. I think they all could have turned faster laps, though the Merc seemed to be struggling more than the Ferrari and RB. Really it's amazing that Ricciardo and Kimi were making the one stop work until Ricciardo's car gave up. That guy just can't get a break this year. I think it looked like he had a really good chance of holding off Vettel, but we will never know. Kimi makes it back onto the podium with the strategy that I thought would never work.

Some good battles through the midfield as well, once again strategy playing a major hand. Good to see both Saubers in the points, but a shame that Perez had a car let go after it was appearing he would at least get in the points and give his home town crowd some excitement.

Alonso now had no chance of leaving F1 with the most racing laps. That's a bummer, especially with his team mate making it into the points.

Lewis did what we thought Lewis would do. Kept calm, didn't worry too much about his final position, and walked away with the WDC that he has rightfully earned through his performance in previous years. Will he make it to 6 or 7? Only time will tell, but the driver ability seems to be there. The only thing that might slow that down is if Merc are behind other cars in development in the next couple of years.

4. Likes: N. Jones (29th October 2018)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    The inevitable happened and Hamilton became champion.

Great race for Max. Delighted that he won

Absolutely zero sympathy for Daniel Ricciardo. His qualifying celebrations after getting pole were over exuberant to a fault. He knew that was Max’s last realistic chance to get the youngest pole sitter record and, while beating him was perfectly fine, as his teammate, he should have held back his completely over the too reaction out of respect, so I am quite happy that karma bit him in the ass on Sunday.

Awful to race for Mercedes overall, but the WCC is already over as well. It’s just a matter of reeling in the points. It’ll happen one way or the other.

Tip the hat to Vettel for his behaviour after the race.

6. Likes: N. Jones (31st October 2018)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Absolutely zero sympathy for Daniel Ricciardo.
    That's a shame. He was relying on your support...

His qualifying celebrations after getting pole were over exuberant to a fault.
    lololololol It's the same as Ricciardo normally is. The only people who got offended are ********* who underestimated him and thought Verstappen was entitled to pole.

He knew that was Max’s last realistic chance to get the youngest pole sitter record and, while beating him was perfectly fine, as his teammate, he should have held back his completely over the too reaction out of respect,
    lolololololololololololololololololololol

Out of respect? He did nothing wrong and nothing bad happened. Having read that you're a Schumacher and Hamilton fan, and therefore have a superficial and trivial interest in motorsport, it's no surprise to me that you got offended over something so trivial and superficial.

I hope you gave Verstappen a comforting text message before his bed time? haha

so I am quite happy that karma bit him in the ass on Sunday.
    Oh no. No, no, no, no, no! There's no karma biting him on the ass. If anything there was "reverse karma".

For at least a couple of weeks, there would've been expectation that RB were going to get pole and the team would've assumed that it'd be Verstappen. There would've been talk within the team about what they were going to do to celebrate and publicise the trivial accomplishment of Verstappen becoming the youngest ever pole winner. There would not have been any consideration that Ricciardo would challenge for pp, never mind get it.

Daniel would've been aware how much he was underestimated. Based on the reliability of the car since it was announced he was going to Renault, it was an unlikely possibility he would finish the race. As much as Newey tries to build cars that can't last the distance, not even he is capable of his ultimate goal of designing a car that can't complete a lap. So if he wasn't going to finish the race, Ricciardo was always going to at least qualify.

So with the help of the racing gods, Ricciardo went out and said "**** YOU!" The same way Jos beats the crap out of his partners.

It was a wonder pole. Kind of like Hamilton's, except without driving the best car in the field. Reminds me of Mansell 1990 British GP.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 1st November 2018 at 09:15.

8. Likes: Bagwan (1st November 2018),Tazio (2nd November 2018)
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    That's a shame. He was relying on your support...

lololololol It's the same as Ricciardo normally is. The only people who got offended are ********* who underestimated him and thought Verstappen was entitled to pole.

lolololololololololololololololololololol

Out of respect? He did nothing wrong and nothing bad happened. Having read that you're a Schumacher and Hamilton fan, and therefore have a superficial and trivial interest in motorsport, it's no surprise to me that you got offended over something so trivial and superficial.

I hope you gave Verstappen a comforting text message before his bed time? haha

Oh no. No, no, no, no, no! There's no karma biting him on the ass. If anything there was "reverse karma".

For at least a couple of weeks, there would've been expectation that RB were going to get pole and the team would've assumed that it'd be Verstappen. There would've been talk within the team about what they were going to do to celebrate and publicise the trivial accomplishment of Verstappen becoming the youngest ever pole winner. There would not have been any consideration that Ricciardo would challenge for pp, never mind get it.

Daniel would've been aware how much he was underestimated. Based on the reliability of the car since it was announced he was going to Renault, it was an unlikely possibility he would finish the race. As much as Newey tries to build cars that can't last the distance, not even he is capable of his ultimate goal of designing a car that can't complete a lap. So if he wasn't going to finish the race, Ricciardo was always going to at least qualify.

So with the help of the racing gods, Ricciardo went out and said "**** YOU!" The same way Jos beats the crap out of his partners.

It was a wonder pole. Kind of like Hamilton's, except without driving the best car in the field. Reminds me of Mansell 1990 British GP.
    That's what I was going to say .

10. Likes: journeyman racer (3rd November 2018),Tazio (2nd November 2018)