Page 97 of 143 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    If the final result is same as the current standings, drivers points will be:

Ogier 204 + 8 = 212
    Tänak 181 + 25 = 206
    Neuville 201 + +4 = 205

Ogier can just cruise through the last leg on his way to the title, powerstage should decide 2nd and 3rd in championship.

2. Likes: cali (17th November 2018),steve.mandzij (17th November 2018)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    "It began with a light rain in Coffs Harbour but now it's a good one! "

4. Likes: AnttiL (17th November 2018),EstWRC (17th November 2018)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Rain will spice things up. My money on Ogier to keep the car on the road, we will see mistakes in an hour.
    Let's bring in the final day of the season, in a bit more than 7 hours, we will know the world champion

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    So since basically all 3 drivers have still a (small) chance for title as well as 3 manufacturers I was making a mental list of why each of them should deserve/not deserve it:

Ogier

+ Went back to rally-winning speed after not so good last year
    + Stable and using his head most of the time
    + Clearly not as much factory support as Ford claims

- Total sacrifice of whole team for him
    - Sweden PS stage (nobody did that before even though rules were same for quite a while)
    - Boring that same person wins all the time

Neuville

+ Impressive first half of the season, specially Sardinia
    + Seems that car is a disadvantage on quite a few rallies (FIN, GB friday, tarmac...)
    + Much improved stability and less mistakes compared with last year

- Comes across as least likable person

Tanak

+ Clearly fastest driver+car combination second half of season
    + Most likable
    + some bad luck

- Toyota helps as the car seems to be fastest in second half (even using JML stagetimes as reference)
    - did quite a few small or big mistakes as well and was lucky on occasions

--------------------------------------
    Personal:
    I don't really want Ogier to win cause if he does then in a few years 2018 is remembered as just another season that Ogier won, forgetting the close fight. Out of the other two I have to go with Neuville, cause I rather cheer for the underdog and here as well as quite a few other places 9/10 of the people cheer on Tanak.
    Still anyone of those 3 deserves to win.

=======================

Toyota
    + Fastest on just about all surfaces since mid-season
    + Big step in both speed and reliability from last year
    - "Unlimited" testing (and lol at their arguments how it's not really "unlimited")

Hyundai
    + Kinda deserve it after loosing it last year mostly on reliability
    - Didn't invest time and money for tarmac even though there were signs already a year ago that it was a problem, Neuville+Sordo speed in Corsica and Germany this year relative to last year is telling. (Also they saw this in Corsica and still didn't do anything for Germany)
    - Still keep on coming to rallies without good setup (GB friday this year), last year that was common occurrence
    - Still no sign of improvement in Finland after how many years?

MSport
    + Can fight in top with seemingly low budget and "weaker" 2nd+3rd driver
    - Using all resources on Ogier
    - The at times ridiculous use of any small thing to force even the tiniest advantage, Finland Friday and Sunday best examples. They dropped Evans and Sunninen just so that Ogier runs 6th instead of 5th on the road

----------------
    Personal:
    For me Toyota deserves the manu title, if Hyundai wins it it's ok, but don't feel the need to cheer on them. If MSport wins (extremely unlikely) I'd be quite disappointed. Only thing I am afraid of is that Toyota starts to dominate like Citroen/VW did.

7. Likes: JUF (17th November 2018),MentalParadox (17th November 2018),spiderem (17th November 2018),steve.mandzij (17th November 2018)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    So since basically all 3 drivers have still a (small) chance for title as well as 3 manufacturers I was making a mental list of why each of them should deserve/not deserve it:

Ogier

+ Went back to rally-winning speed after not so good last year
    + Stable and using his head most of the time
    + Clearly not as much factory support as Ford claims

- Total sacrifice of whole team for him
    - Sweden PS stage (nobody did that before even though rules were same for quite a while)
    - Boring that same person wins all the time

Neuville

+ Impressive first half of the season, specially Sardinia
    + Seems that car is a disadvantage on quite a few rallies (FIN, GB friday, tarmac...)
    + Much improved stability and less mistakes compared with last year

- Comes across as least likable person

Tanak

+ Clearly fastest driver+car combination second half of season
    + Most likable
    + some bad luck

- Toyota helps as the car seems to be fastest in second half (even using JML stagetimes as reference)
    - did quite a few small or big mistakes as well and was lucky on occasions

--------------------------------------
    Personal:
    I don't really want Ogier to win cause if he does then in a few years 2018 is remembered as just another season that Ogier won, forgetting the close fight. Out of the other two I have to go with Neuville, cause I rather cheer for the underdog and here as well as quite a few other places 9/10 of the people cheer on Tanak.
    Still anyone of those 3 deserves to win.

=======================

Toyota
    + Fastest on just about all surfaces since mid-season
    + Big step in both speed and reliability from last year
    - "Unlimited" testing (and lol at their arguments how it's not really "unlimited")

Hyundai
    + Kinda deserve it after loosing it last year mostly on reliability
    - Didn't invest time and money for tarmac even though there were signs already a year ago that it was a problem, Neuville+Sordo speed in Corsica and Germany this year relative to last year is telling. (Also they saw this in Corsica and still didn't do anything for Germany)
    - Still keep on coming to rallies without good setup (GB friday this year), last year that was common occurrence
    - Still no sign of improvement in Finland after how many years?

MSport
    + Can fight in top with seemingly low budget and "weaker" 2nd+3rd driver
    - Using all resources on Ogier
    - The at times ridiculous use of any small thing to force even the tiniest advantage, Finland Friday and Sunday best examples. They dropped Evans and Sunninen just so that Ogier runs 6th instead of 5th on the road

----------------
    Personal:
    For me Toyota deserves the manu title, if Hyundai wins it it's ok, but don't feel the need to cheer on them. If MSport wins (extremely unlikely) I'd be quite disappointed. Only thing I am afraid of is that Toyota starts to dominate like Citroen/VW did.
    Good stuff... I would go for Ogier actually, mainly because i see the Fiesta the least developed car and the team deserve a title. And by saying that, M-Sport and Malcom did an amazing job staying up there after the lack of Ford involvement, hence they deserve more than Neuville and Tanak (Toyota will get the manufacture title, it's almost cast in stone).

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    it can be in calendar but not the final round. Wales would have been much better for example.
    Spot on; it’s a waste to end the year with so few local people spectacting and the vast majory of WRC audience sleeping! Wales GB should be the season finale.
    Rally addict since 1982

10. Likes: AnttiL (17th November 2018),EstWRC (17th November 2018),janvanvurpa (17th November 2018),MentalParadox (17th November 2018),Mirek (17th November 2018)
    Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: cali (17th November 2018),janvanvurpa (17th November 2018),KKS (17th November 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Remember Australia last year? It started to rain mid-stage and the last cars were a minute and a half slower than the first ones. One stage also got cancelled because the road was so destroyed. This could become an interesting day...

Also, there's 84 km of stages today which is roughly double the amount rallies usually have on Sundays.

14. Likes: janvanvurpa (17th November 2018),KKS (17th November 2018),Rally Power (17th November 2018)
    Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    so you wanna say Ott will get screwed again by the rally god?

haha
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

16. Likes: AnttiL (17th November 2018)
    Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    But Neu allready said stated that the rally god is Belgian
    @OnlyRally