Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Loeb says:
    - Neuville is less talented then Ogier, but worked very hard to get where he is now
    I don't read french so I dunno the exact wording but I dare say it's debatable. Ogier had faster road to wrc (with Citroen), but when he got there he took his time before really charging the top (first in 3rd season he was really able to fight everywhere). Afterwards Polo was clearly dominant in the first 3 years (2013-2015, a bit lest in 2016).

Neuville wasn't all that impressive in IRC (which could be the 207), but he was 2nd in championship and beat Latvala in Polo in his 2nd full WRC season. Then Hyundai wasn't really comparable to Polo until 2016/second half.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I don't read french so I dunno the exact wording but I dare say it's debatable. Ogier had faster road to wrc (with Citroen), but when he got there he took his time before really charging the top (first in 3rd season he was really able to fight everywhere). Afterwards Polo was clearly dominant in the first 3 years (2013-2015, a bit lest in 2016).

Neuville wasn't all that impressive in IRC (which could be the 207), but he was 2nd in championship and beat Latvala in Polo in his 2nd full WRC season. Then Hyundai wasn't really comparable to Polo until 2016/second half.
    Neuville's talent is remarkable but you are understimating Ogier's talent. He went fast into WRC by winning and then he challenged a man who was pretty much unchallenged for years before him with the same car. After that he totally dominated WRC driving in a class of his own for 4 years. And then again he won another WDC with a private team with less means then others manufacturers that have not been able to become champions for 20 years.

What has done Neuville to have more talent or the same talent than him?
    Last edited by AL14; 14th November 2018 at 16:54.

3. Likes: er88 (14th November 2018),EstWRC (14th November 2018),Gregor-y (14th November 2018),marcusmx (14th November 2018),pantealex (14th November 2018),stefanvv (14th November 2018),steve.mandzij (14th November 2018),WRC1 (14th November 2018)

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    They're all pretty damn talented and hard workers, that's why three drivers are fighting for it this weekend.

6. Likes: Rally Power (14th November 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    1168/5000
    "I do not think I will lose it, this title, confirmed the future resident of Citroën Racing in AUTOhebdo. My chances of keeping it are good and I intend to play them thoroughly. But you are right that some time ago it would have been hard for me to bear. Today, I have five titles. This relativizes. That said, I'm always the same, I do not like losing and I do not want to find myself in this situation. Count on me to give everything ... "
    Sébastien Ogier also looked back at the tensions experienced during his first visit to Citroën with Sébastien Loeb and the damaged image that resulted.
    "It could hardly have been otherwise. First, whatever the discipline, it is never easy to come after such a champion. Take Sebastian Vettel in Germany. He is popular, but it has nothing to do with Michael Schumacher. Schumacher, there is one and there will not be two! It's like that… "
    https://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actuali...se-199011.html

In the service park in Coffs Harbor everything is being prepared for the shakedown. "Everyone knows his job. Everyone is busy with his job. We are ready "says Alain Penasse. Neuville's team manager looks back once more on what happened in the final kilometers in Catalonia. "Obviously that flat tire was a damper and everything could look different but Thierry switched quickly and immediately turned the knob. He has lulled himself that the second starting point in Australia may be an advantage. Ogier says again that it is better to have the lead than to chase and that there is little difference between the first and second starting place. And yet there is a difference, especially here in Australia. It also depends on who positions himself between Ogier and Neuville. Thierry must not end up just for Ogier. In most cases, someone must also be positioned in between them. If Thierry finishes third, Ogier must finish fifth so that the gap is four points. Details could become crucial and decisive. The weather conditions naturally also play a role. Currently it is 20 degrees but in the weekend rain is predicted. When it rains here, the course becomes exceptionally slippery. That will be a completely new fact for everyone because the current generation of riders has never experienced these conditions in Australia. Rain would make the race very interesting. "
    A battle plan is not on the table for Thierry Neuville. "The race must be driven. It's that simple. After every race day we will analyze everything and whether or not to adjust the strategy. Thierry must end as high as possible. Not only for themselves but also for the team because not only Thierry can become world champion, also Hyundai Motorsport. In both cases this is then a first. The first title for a Belgian and the first title for Hyundai. There is a lot at stake here "says Alain Penasse in a calm and confident way. "Thierry is calm and looks forward to the match with confidence. I am stress resistant myself. We prepare this game in the same way as we do with other competitions, with the difference that we might pay attention to the details a bit more than usual. Everyone is briefed. Everyone knows his job. Let the rally begin. "

https://www.debroodplank.be/nl/nieuw...wereldkampioen

itenary with Belgium time

10. Likes: mousti (14th November 2018),Rally Power (14th November 2018)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    UK times are 1hr earlier. Better for the time we'll get to bed.
    #M-SPORTER

1 hour later at Greece

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

Hmm i dont see it as debatable despite Neuville being brilliant. Ogier ruined Latvala and dominated Mikkelsen in the Polo for years, despite running first on the road for 2 days on every rally at one stage. He could challenge Loeb in the same car towards the start of his career and as said above, won last year despite not having the best car and being in a private team. He has the wins and titles to back up his talent and in 3 different manufacturers. He won his first stage ever in a WRC car!

If Ogier was driving that i20 last year you can bet your money he would've won the title. Neuville fucked up badly with horrible mistakes in Monte and Sweden where he chucked away 50pts. Then after clawing the pts back he made more mistakes with aggressive cuts in Germany and Spain. Let Neuville prove it over the coming years with titles and more rally wins before it's genuinely debatable. He has to get over the line and win championships.

*and yes those cuts in Germany and Spain were definitely mistakes - just in case you want to argue that . Certainly if we are basing it on your critical standards where you've viewed Tanak as having made mistakes in GB and Sardinia over the compressions/jumps.

14. Likes: AL14 (14th November 2018),EstWRC (14th November 2018)