Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Robert Kubica thread

i think that he deserves his own thread.

Here is an article from worldrallyisfree.
    http://www.worldrallyisfree.com/2015...propre-equipe/

from google translate

Robert Kubica who decided to switch from Citroen to M-Sport's WRC season in 2014 after a year in the WRC-2 eventually ended up walking the end of last year. The season was very difficult, Malcolm Wilson accused the Polish do not listen to his instructions and increase road trips while Robert Kubica M-Sport criticized for not providing a hardware level. Difficult in these conditions to end the year and especially for continued collaboration.

By end of 2014 season, the position of Kubica is to continue in the WRC only if it can do so in a WRC car on top otherwise he could return to the circuit where they speak a good offer in the DTM. Official bucket is already equipped with VW and Hyundai, we think Citroen. While Yves Matton evokes a track of a WRC WTCC + program for the Polish, it is ultimately Mads Ostberg is confirmed in the second DS3 WRC alongside Kris Meeke. After the disappointment with M-Sport, we think a return Kubica PH Sport who was rolling his DS3 RRC in 2013, but the side of the French team announced it stopped negotiations. Meanwhile, Robert Kubica involved in Bettega then he won at Monza with Fiesta WRC for the A-Style Italian team with whom he had worked during the year the Casentino round of the Italian championship. In early December, the Polish found himself walking, nothing. But where are these famous mirobolantes offers to return to circuit? Is it so passionate about the rally and if invested it no longer wishes to return to the track? Then his sponsors is called signifying their desire to continue, Kubica is popular in Poland, his name carries.

Robert Kubica and decided to start his own team at 1 month of the first rally of the season. As recalled by Colin Clark, Polish that comes from the F1 such requirements and expects professionalism he has found neither Citroën in 2013, nor at M-Sport in 2014, his decision to start his own structure meet its own requirements is actually not that far-fetched. Always supported by his agent, Marcin Czachorski, who worked during the holiday season to put everything in place with partners Robert Kubica up of a complete team. Daniele Pelliccioni, Head of Citroën Racing Trophy Italian sporting director Procar, Italian representative of Citroën Racing, so is the team coordinator RK WRT. Polish also recruited men he crossed on the path without necessarily experience the world rally. On this Monte Carlo, his Fiesta WRC was a lease A-Style, but next month the team will move into its own building near Lake Como in northern Italy. He intends to buy as soon as possible Fiesta WRC 2015. From portugal? Although the relationship with M-Sport seems to have relaxed having received a support structure of the English in the preparation at the Monte Carlo, it seems difficult to be able to field the same car as the producer of cars at the same time. Indeed, it is in Portugal that the team of Malcolm Wilson has his new car line 2015. If the big bill is ready to be set, the English businessman can be convinced to leave ... The plan of RK WRT would even rent the current car privately, a new source of income ... Nothing safe because Kubica will not really feel the soul of a businessman ... Besides, he decided not to include his team in the championship . It thus saves the registration fee and does not undergo the constraints of teams such as limiting testing. It also intends to carry out the sleeves WRC and possibly enjoy working sessions with Pirelli.

The Italian manufacturer Pirelli is a partner of the small team. And Robert Kubica will be able to work closely with its supplier. It probably would not have done that with Michelin shoes all plants. Pirelli tire can be competitive in certain conditions on asphalt or snow as stressed Henning Solberg last year. Once the session before Monte Carlo trials, Robert Kubica was able to test the Italian tire and was able to assess its performance. The images of the Fiesta WRC striker bitumen are extra-ordinary, the Polish attack action, which foot to see it! During the rally, it goes still going strong. So yes, it does not always get to the end, which is the first goal of the rally, but what a joy to see a push as pilot, operate as the road and his car! And what perf, when signing this huge scratch in 51km of SS10 putting more 33s in the second, 41s Loeb!

What adventure is launched Robert Kubica? Being driver and team boss in parallel? He's still learning a WRC car and must focus on up to the task. Although for him it is not contradictory, it will be difficult to combine the two. Manage a team is a daunting task, time-consuming and takes an important place in a spirit that should be devoted to the competition. Petter Solberg, an experienced pilot, failed to get a win so sought after riding his own team. Although the two men do not have the same approach and the same character, but it Solberg was exhausted. Kubica just an F1 world where everything is constantly analyzed where everything is modeled to better control needed more levers. But the very nature of the discipline she allows to applying these formulas? The rally is composed by numerous parameters and improvisation is a major component. A new approach? We saw it at work to assistance on this Monte Carlo: he runs the mechanics, the team checks the settings in the car, cleaning the car ... He needs that, s' involved. Wish him the best of success!

Robert Kubica: "When you're in F1, you are used to the highest standards. Now my dream is to build a team as good as the teams at the top of the WRC.

As much as the money, it is time we missed. There are a few weeks ago, the team did not exist. Put a team together in such a short period of time, it is also the sport ... We recruited people I know in recent years, but most of the people around me have no concept of the rally at world. They compensate by their enthusiasm and efforts, but nothing replaces experience. And it will be more difficult on distant rallies like Mexico or Argentina. Hopefully we reach our cruising in Portugal. When everything is on rails, this should better go because I would not have to devote myself that piloting. I'm not a businessman, I'm not a team leader, I do not have the mindset for it. But right now, we're still in the process of building the team and I have some experience of different teams I've driven that can be very useful. But I'm the driver. What we have done is the best thing for this year and certainly for the future but it's only for my car.

Until I am to rally before tests or recce where I make my pilot's job, between rallies, I am busy with many other things. For example, this morning I was doing the refueling for Mexico. But I like it, it's a new challenge.

Since this project was launched, I realize that if we want to do well in a private team, it costs at least as expensive than renting a car in a factory team. And above all, the financial risk is far greater, for it is its own capital which is at stake. The two and a half days of testing before the Monte Carlo have, for example, represented a significant investment.

I want to be more consistent but I do not want to lose my top speed to become regular. This is the difference with the best drivers, they will after performing the best time. Everywhere in motor sports is like that. If someone had told me there are 2 or 3 weeks we could show both in Monte- Carlo, I would not have believed it. But when we tested Pirelli tires for the first time I thought that this could be possible. When conditions were good, I knew we could attack. Who knows? Maybe it was the first and last time that we were the best times of the year. We know that in some places we can have an advantage or disadvantage with Pirelli, but do not forget that we are in a private car and we fight with Volkswagen and Citroen. »

2. Likes: lewalcindor (3rd February 2015),Rallyper (2nd February 2015)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    He totally deserved a thread since Kubica's talking had been on most of the other ones!

Well, you can say that he has a wrong approach (and I agree), that he's too much addicted to crashes (and I agree), but you can't deny he is a very determined person. Rally need this kind of stories and though I criticise his way of drive I really wish him the best. Really hope he can reach some of his goals.
    Last edited by AL14; 2nd February 2015 at 17:10.

Liked 51 Times in 43 Posts
    He sure seems to be workaholic. In F1 he also was known for this and perceived as perfectionist thus many people called him a moaner.

Liked 107 Times in 51 Posts
    Good interviews after 2014 season. Kubica - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fv-j-fTY64, Maciek Szczepaniak - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opc4KLfSucA

6. Likes: lewalcindor (3rd February 2015)
    Interview after Sweden shakedown:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpHUvAiQcs8

Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Autosport.com article by Robert Kubica:
    Forcing the WRC learning process

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    I for one, am hoping Kubica finds his way in the sport. He is an exciting driver to watch. But some of the onboards I watch shows he lacks the patience he needs to be showing as a newbie. Sometimes he is hard to follow on the onboards simply because he is attacking the stages with pure courage and aggression. I just wish he would try to find a rhythm first before getting into attack mode. He lacks rhythm. The other thing I notice he does quite a bit is to try and cut the lines others have left as a way of seeking an advantage. It works sometimes but gee whiz, it costs him a lot of times as well when he hits things. I don't think anyone could say he does not have the balls for the sport, but he has a few learnings he needs urgently.

11. Likes: dimviii (9th March 2015)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

13. Likes: Mirek (16th March 2015)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thuGG View Post
    He sure seems to be workaholic. In F1 he also was known for this and perceived as perfectionist thus many people called him a moaner.
    Perfectionism is a very silly mental disease..Any normally developed adult knows nothing is perfect ever. Thus one pretending/claiming, using as excuse "perfection" is a BSer or a mental case...
    F1, which is overflowing with pretenders and poseurs and above all bullsh!tters, likes to talk about "perfection"...

Rally is never about perfection.... 99% maybe but poor Kubica has more than ample evidence in his life---and EVERY rally---to know he is not perfect...and no harm in that---but he should drop the talk and the mistaken belief he IS....because anytime there is a conflict between a belief and reality,,
    reality always wins in the end.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat