Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

M Schumacher is coming

Mick Schumacher clinched the F3 title at Hockenhiem this weekend. This is the title that opened the door of F1 to Max Verstapenn.

What next for the young Schumacher? He may probably head to F2, whatever he does, there is some certainty that we shall be seeing this young man in F1 in the near future. The real question is, would he wearing Red or silver race suit. The future of F1 just got brighter with the prospect of seeing the Schumacher name on the F1 grid in the near future.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 14th October 2018 at 06:21.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Sounds so 'clickbaity' I almost thought I was on PlanetF1 when I read this thread title.

I'm more interested in finding out how Michael actually is tbh..

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Sounds so 'clickbaity' I almost thought I was on PlanetF1 when I read this thread title.

I'm more interested in finding out how Michael actually is tbh..
    Me too, in all honestly. He gave me so much joy in my childhood. I just want the great man to get better and come back to us as he once was. Breaks my heart what has happened to him.

Mick Schumacher on the grid would be nice, but only if he deserves it. You need to earn your way into F1 regardless of whom your father is, but it would be nice if he got there.

The Schumacher name is super marketable so that will help him get a drive. But I’d hate to see him arrive in F1 and fail because he got the drive too early and wasn’t ready. That’s why he needs to earn his place and then he will be ready.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Mick Schumacher clinched the F3 title at Hockenhiem this weekend. This is the title that opened the door of F1 to Max Verstapenn.

What next for the young Schumacher? He may probably head to F2, whatever he does, there is some certainty that we shall be seeing this young man in F1 in the near future. The real question is, would he wearing Red or silver race suit. The future of F1 just got brighter with the prospect of seeing the Schumacher name on the F1 grid in the near future.
    From what I understand, there have been quiet complaints and whispers up and down that Euro F3 paddock about exactly what is/was going on with Mick Shumachers car that miraculously became the fastest car on the grid by miles midway through the season. Before that, his car and performances were at best average and his results reflected that. In all my years of watching motor racing, no driver typically is average (or slightly below) for a year and a half then suddenly is lights out fast, blowing away his competition and his teammates, who had previously beaten him soundly. Even if he had an average car, his quality would shine through But the Prema Powerteam car is one of the best in F3 and his teammates were all doing extremely well with him lagging behind severely in 4th, then all of a sudden he becomes unstoppable. Ridiculous.

you can see this uncanny trajectory if you scroll down to the drivers championship on this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_F...n_Championship

And he finished 12 in the series in 2017: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_F...n_Championship
    with all 3 of his teammates that year blowing him away: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prema_Powerteam

So...no, I don't rate him that highly and suspect things are going on behind the scenes to artificially inflate his quality, and particular car.
    Last edited by truefan72; 15th October 2018 at 15:13.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    It's interesting reading that when you notice truefan's sig!

That's an interesting turn of form? It wouldn't surprise me there's something dodgy about Mick's cars. If it's the case, one day, he'll be exposed, so it might not do him well in the long run.

Like father, like son. Winning in dodgy cars.

6. Likes: truefan72 (15th October 2018)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    From what I understand, there have been quiet complaints and whispers up and down that Euro F3 paddock about exactly what is/was going on with Mick Shumachers car that miraculously became the fastest car on the grid by miles midway through the season. Before that, his car and performances were at best average and his results reflected that. In all my years of watching motor racing, no driver typically is average (or slightly below) for a year and a half then suddenly is lights out fast, blowing away his competition and his teammates, who had previously beaten him soundly. Even if he had an average car, his quality would shine through But the Prema Powerteam car is one of the best in F3 and his teammates were all doing extremely well with him lagging behind severely in 4th, then all of a sudden he becomes unstoppable. Ridiculous.

you can see this uncanny trajectory if you scroll down to the drivers championship on this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_F...n_Championship

And he finished 12 in the series in 2017: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_F...n_Championship
    with all 3 of his teammates that year blowing him away: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prema_Powerteam

So...no, I don't rate him that highly and suspect things are going on behind the scenes to artificially inflate his quality, and particular car.

The more people dig below the surface, the more troubling his late season results seem. I don't know. I would hope that what's suspected isn't the case. I would hope that he wouldn't knowingly participate in any sort of scheming, and risk damaging his family name and heritage. But who knows? It just seems awfully odd how a driver could find that much form against (once) stronger competitors.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

8. Likes: truefan72 (19th October 2018)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I would hope that he wouldn't knowingly participate in any sort of scheming, and risk damaging his family name and heritage.
    Why damage it? He would fully live up to it...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I think there is no evidence either way that Mick Schumacher is cheating. It may be that he suddenly realised how to drive a F3 car faster. Sometimes the penny drops for drivers out of nowhere.

Anything here is just conjecture and speculation which can also be reputationally damaging and he may very well be completely innocent.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 19th October 2018 at 06:59.

11. Likes: Tazio (3rd April 2019)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    TBK is spot on here.

I don't think he's a cheat, but even if he is, which is very unlikely, we'll find out anyway when he reaches higher series. For the time being, I'd very much rather be cautious and not lambast anyone without a hint of evidence.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Me too, in all honestly. He (Schumacher) gave me so much joy in my childhood.
    Dear God! TBK was a Schumacher fan! This explains a lot.

It's kind of funny though. For 4 years TBK has held a grudge over Rosberg for supposedly cheating, yet he was a fan of Schumacher???

Schumacher is the second biggest piece of **** that's been in F1 since I've followed it (A close second to Briatore).

To like Schumacher and Hamilton tells me that you must have a superficial interest in motorsport.