Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,358
    Like
    127
    Liked 85 Times in 66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Pretty much self-inflicted disaster for Vettel this race; although he can put a lot of his poor starting position on the team's strange tire decision in Q3, that move on Verstappen looked like a pure unforced error to me. All he had to do was wait for the exit from spoon 2 and he should have had a pretty decent shot at out-dragging the RBR up the hill. Lucky to avoid a penalty, too. He was driving a good race up until that point and had almost erased the deficit from the poor qualy; should have ended up on the podium.
    He didn't even need to overtake Max on track considering the RB driver's penalty. If he had just stayed within 5 seconds of Max, it would have been an automatic podium.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

  2. Likes: Duncan (7th October 2018)
  3. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    190
    Like
    74
    Liked 41 Times in 27 Posts
    Max will chop anyone who dares to show him a wheel.
    He reminds me of my wife. Always someone else's fault.
    When I tread on her toes, I must apologise.
    When she treads on my toes, I must apologise for getting in her way.
    Just kidding.
    He's not that bad.

  4. Likes: Jag_Warrior (12th October 2018),Tazio (9th October 2018)
  5. #33
    Senior Member N. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodridge, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    3,853
    Like
    184
    Liked 369 Times in 243 Posts
    The first was Max's fault. The second was not.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

  6. Likes: airshifter (9th October 2018),journeyman racer (14th October 2018),truefan72 (8th October 2018)
  7. #34
    Senior Member N. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodridge, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    3,853
    Like
    184
    Liked 369 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    He didn't even need to overtake Max on track considering the RB driver's penalty. If he had just stayed within 5 seconds of Max, it would have been an automatic podium.
    True but they are racers. The drivers want to overtake for position.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

  8. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,574
    Like
    31
    Liked 350 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    Max will chop anyone who dares to show him a wheel.
    He reminds me of my wife. Always someone else's fault.
    When I tread on her toes, I must apologise.
    When she treads on my toes, I must apologise for getting in her way.
    Just kidding.
    He's not that bad.
    You are a brave man .


    I'd never talk about Max that way .

  9. Likes: journeyman racer (14th October 2018)
  10. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    190
    Like
    74
    Liked 41 Times in 27 Posts
    LoL, what she doesn't know, won't hurt me. I'm only brave on the internet when she's not around. Ssshhhhhhh, here she comes.

  11. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,574
    Like
    31
    Liked 350 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    LoL, what she doesn't know, won't hurt me. I'm only brave on the internet when she's not around. Ssshhhhhhh, here she comes.
    I get a free pass on F1 from my girl ......for some reason .
    She even took me and my boy to the '04 Montreal race , so I dare not rock the boat .

    Or , even ask why .

  12. Likes: journeyman racer (14th October 2018)
  13. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    7,128
    Like
    3
    Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriwa View Post
    Max will chop anyone who dares to show him a wheel.
    He reminds me of my wife. Always someone else's fault.
    When I tread on her toes, I must apologise.
    When she treads on my toes, I must apologise for getting in her way.
    Just kidding.
    He's not that bad.
    Verstappen is the one driver on the grid who never concedes position easily. And long may he continue.

    With DRS making passing too easy and false, everybody else doesn't bother to defend.

    Get rid of DRS I'd say and give the drivers of slower cars a chance to defend against fast ones coming back through the field. Then the penalties for stupid errors like Vettel and daft engine penalties will be more significant.

    Oh, more gravel please!!
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

  14. #39
    Senior Member mr_swiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    861
    Like
    47
    Liked 36 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza View Post
    Verstappen is the one driver on the grid who never concedes position easily. And long may he continue.

    With DRS making passing too easy and false, everybody else doesn't bother to defend.

    Get rid of DRS I'd say and give the drivers of slower cars a chance to defend against fast ones coming back through the field. Then the penalties for stupid errors like Vettel and daft engine penalties will be more significant.

    Oh, more gravel please!!
    Yes, DRS needs to go.
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

  15. #40
    Senior Member Jag_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,183
    Like
    70
    Liked 110 Times in 85 Posts
    Until we get cars that aren't so aero sensitive that they burn their tires off when they follow closely through turns, I think DRS is a necessary evil that has to stay. For once, maybe F1 needs to figure out how the IRL cars can put on close racing without severe tire deg.

    As for Vettel. I really don't know what to say. Ricciardo showed that he had chinks in his armor when they were together at Red Bull and Danny Ric dusted him up on several occasions. And last year he somewhat self-destructed while under pressure. But this year... he's taking it to a whole new level of choking. I hate to say that (even as a Hammy fan) cause I kinda like Vettel for his honesty and down to earthness (yeah, I know... probably not a word).
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •