Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

2018 Japanese GP [Suzuka]

Back to the figure of eight track of suzuka. The tragic incident of Bianchi comes to mind. This is a drivers track as it has everything for an exciting drive; from tight hairpins, punishing chicanes, head swinging series of "S" curves, fast curves and a number of fast stretches. This track may favour the Redbull and one would expect the Ferrari to go well on this track.

Can Vettel and Ferrari snatch a win here? My money is on Verstapenn stealing a win for Redbull.

Note:- The green line is the racing line for this track.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th October 2018 at 21:56.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Wow. Sky sport will not give this team order thing a rest. Ridiculous.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    One of my favorite tracks; always look forward to Suzuka.

Anyway, actually got to watch most of FP1 live this time around. While it's always dangerous to read too much into anything from FP1, it looks pretty ominous so far. Be interesting to see if Ferrari and RBR have something else, but so far looks like they have quite a hill to climb to match the pace of Mercedes.

Meanwhile, right now Sebastian Vettel's elimination number is 75: every point that Hamilton scores, and every point below 25 that Vettel scores is subtracted from that number. If that number hits zero, it's over...

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Wow. Sky sport will not give this team order thing a rest. Ridiculous.
    I don't remember them ever making an issue when Ferrari used team orders this season. I can think of more than two occasions where Kimi had to let Vettel through on the orders of the Ferrari pitwall. I think they just want to have a dig at Mercedes and Hamilton. I guess everyone expects Ferrari to do it but not Mercedes. Hence, it kind of looks like double standard how they over reacted when Mercedes had to do it.

If they wanted to have a go constructively, they should have had a go at the FIA who legalized team orders.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 7th October 2018 at 19:45.
    William Shakespeare

5. Likes: truefan72 (6th October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    One of my favorite tracks; always look forward to Suzuka.

Anyway, actually got to watch most of FP1 live this time around. While it's always dangerous to read too much into anything from FP1, it looks pretty ominous so far. Be interesting to see if Ferrari and RBR have something else, but so far looks like they have quite a hill to climb to match the pace of Mercedes.

Meanwhile, right now Sebastian Vettel's elimination number is 75: every point that Hamilton scores, and every point below 25 that Vettel scores is subtracted from that number. If that number hits zero, it's over...

It is an uphill battle now for Vettel. Mathematically, Vettel has to win the next five races and Hamilton would need to finish 4th on average over the next five races for Vettel to win the drivers championship. That looks like a very tall order but not impossible. If Hamilton wins the Japanese GP, it would be over for Vettel. If Hamilton finish 2nd or 3rd over the next two races, he world be world champion.

Vettel wins the rest six races - 331 total points possible.
    Hamilton finishes 3rd next two races - 336 total points possible and five world championship points to be a five times world champion. This is also true if Hamilton have two DNF and finish at least 5th over three races.

The championship hope is bleak for Vettel. It would take a major F***up or a divine act for Vettel to win it. Even so, it would be very obvious that he did not deserve it.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 7th October 2018 at 19:46.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    It is an uphill battle now for Vettel. Mathematically, Vettel has to win the next five races and Hamilton would need to finish 4th on average over the next five races for Vettel to win the drivers championship. That looks like a very tall order but not impossible. If Hamilton wins the Japanese GP, it would be over for Vettel. If Hamilton finish 2nd or 3rd over the next two races, he world be world champion.

Vettel wins the rest races - 331 total points possible.
    Hamilton finishes 3rd next two races - 336 total points possible and five world championship points to be a five times world champion. This is also true if Hamilton have two DNF and finish at least 5th over three races.

The championship hope is bleak for Vettel. It would take a major F***up or a divine act for Vettel to win it. Even so, it would be very obvious that he did not deserve it.
    Dude , you really do make some bold statements , don't you ?

You say , " It is an uphill battle now for Vettel." .
    With that , I can agree .

But , then you say , " Even so, it would be very obvious that he did not deserve it. " .
    Would it not be an amazing come-back if Vettel was to win it ?
    Is there absolutely no scenario that could make it a legitimate win in your eyes ?

I mean , I don't really see it happening , but would it not be amazing if it did ?

8. Likes: journeyman racer (6th October 2018),Tazio (6th October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Dude , you really do make some bold statements , don't you ?

You say , " It is an uphill battle now for Vettel." .
    With that , I can agree .

But , then you say , " Even so, it would be very obvious that he did not deserve it. " .
    Would it not be an amazing come-back if Vettel was to win it ?
    Is there absolutely no scenario that could make it a legitimate win in your eyes ?

I mean , I don't really see it happening , but would it not be amazing if it did ?
    I suppose that is a fair question, can Vettel make a deserving comeback. If you read my post carefully, you would see that l pointed out that Hamilton would have to suffer some bad luck that would ensure that he scores less than 25 points over the next five races. That, l am afraid would require divine intervention. Otherwise, Hamilton in his current form and the bulletproof Mercedes can easily muster more than the requisite 26 points to put this championship to rest.

If Vettel wins it through the extraordinary circumstances which causes Hamilton to score less than 25 points, many would think Vettel was not worthy of the 2018 title because he did not win it in a head to head duel on track but by factors outside the skills of racing.

The numbers are very much against Vettel at this point. Please read my post again, it also says that it is possible for Vettel to win it.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th October 2018 at 00:28.
    William Shakespeare

RBR doing their best to screw Ricciardo. SMH.

Damn. Sauber left it too late for leclerc. Teams are really doing their drivers no favors today with their poor strategies.
    Last edited by truefan72; 6th October 2018 at 08:25.

Wow. Ferrari bottle it again. Madness

13. Likes: Duncan (6th October 2018)