Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Skysport going way overboard with an understandable team order. Didn't hear them all the times this year when ferrari issued orders. Oh well. I guess they want controversy.
    They spend more time talking about that than hamilton overtaking vettel on the track. Which to me was a bigger factor.
    David Croft kind of over did it. In all the forums, there was a concensus that Mercedes were going to do this to put the championship fight further away from Ferrari.

That said, Ferrari has taken a huge punch to the gut today and l think they would be keeling over with disappointment. What really mystify me is where the hell has Ferrari's pace gone? They simply could not let loose their usual speed today.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 30th September 2018 at 14:37.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (30th September 2018)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    David Croft kind of over did it. In all the forums, there was a concensus that Mercedes were going to do this to put the championship fight further away from Ferrari.

That said, Ferrari has taken a huge punch to the gut today and l think they would be keeling over with disappointment. What really mystify me is where the hell has Ferrari's pace gone? They simply could not let loose their usual speed today.
    Yup. Well said.
    They seem deflated. But i also think that Sochi isn't their best track. Luckily for them RBR started from the back.
    you can't argue with results.

Yup. Well said.
    They seem deflated. But i also think that Sochi isn't their best track. Luckily for them RBR started from the back.
    It is looking like Ferrari are turning their attention to next year's car. Kinda feel like the championship fight is over. It is a hoping game now. Hoping Mercedes have some bad form over the next five races.

I feel for Bottas but l think Mercedes would make it up to him in due course. And Force India seem to have got their race head together for this race.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

They go overboard with everything.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

6. Likes: truefan72 (2nd October 2018)
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Amazing drive by Max to carve through the field that quickly. And heads up thinking by playing the long game with Ricciardo's front wing. The pass by Lewis on Seb looked almost too easy, but I think Seb also knew it was inevitable at that point.

Good drives by both Leclerc and K Mag to stay up there in the points. After all the whining, Perez couldn't get by K Mag either, but at least Force India seemed to have made a decent call on giving it a try.

I'm sure Bottas wanted that win, but in this case it was the right thing to do. Extending that lead is a big blow to Ferrari and Seb.

8. Likes: truefan72 (1st October 2018)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    After all the whining, Perez couldn't get by K Mag either, but at least Force India seemed to have made a decent call on giving it a try.
    Lol. I completely forgot about that situation and how annoyed I was at Perez. He was never going to get past Magnussen. It is a shame that Ocon is the one left out for 2019.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Lol. I completely forgot about that situation and how annoyed I was at Perez. He was never going to get past Magnussen. It is a shame that Ocon is the one left out for 2019.
    Yeah me as well. Of the two drivers Ocon deserves a top drive more. Perez had his chance at McLaren and he blew it. Ocon deserves his F1 seat.

Can’t understand those complaining about Mercedes swap in Russia. It was a no brainer and Mercedes would have been thick stupid not to have Hamilton finish ahead of Bottas.

11. Likes: truefan72 (2nd October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah me as well. Of the two drivers Ocon deserves a top drive more. Perez had his chance at McLaren and he blew it. Ocon deserves his F1 seat.

Can’t understand those complaining about Mercedes swap in Russia. It was a no brainer and Mercedes would have been thick stupid not to have Hamilton finish ahead of Bottas.
    True, the same media that is stirring up things would be the ones that would have criticized Mercedes if they had not done the swap. It was a hard decision for them but very necessary. I guess, some would have wanted Bottas to win so that the fight for the championship can rage on with a mathematical chance that Ferrari can catch up. Like you say, it would have been very stupid for Mercedes not to have swapped them.

I did state at the beginning of the season that Bottas could become king maker if he was allowed to race Hamilton through the tricky parts of the championship fight with Ferrari.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd October 2018 at 08:21.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    The team order was not great to see from a sporting point of view but inevitable and made sense in situations like this
    If Lewis is genuine in feeling 'conflicted' about the team order I'm sure he will give Valteri back his win nearer the end of the season if Mercs dominance continues and he can.
    I'll be furious and slate him big time if he doesn't!

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If Lewis is genuine in feeling 'conflicted' about the team order I'm sure he will give Valteri back his win nearer the end of the season if Mercs dominance continues and he can.
    I'll be furious and slate him big time if he doesn't!
    Personally, I think there is nothing as pathetic as gifting your team-mate a victory in a race where he isn't the fastest in exchange for a win given up in a race where he was.
    Just ask Barrichello how highly he rates his "win" in Indianapolis 2002 or Gerhard Berger about Suzuka 1991.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

15. Likes: Bagwan (3rd October 2018),Mia 01 (3rd October 2018),N4D13 (2nd October 2018),truefan72 (2nd October 2018)