Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Have Nico Rosberg's flowers to Lewis' apartment arrived yet?

Considering their once toxic relationship, I was truly amazed at the loving words that Nico had for Lewis after the race in Monza. Seriously. We get the Sky broadcast by way of ESPN here. And although I was also impressed by Lewis' race, I didn't expect Rosberg to gush THAT much about Hammy's exploits and standing in the F1 world.

Anyway, good on Nico. Maybe this was his attempt to (further) bury the hatchet and reconnect with his old childhood pal.

Nico Rosberg hailed Lewis Hamilton’s victory at the Italian Grand Prix as an epic drive, perhaps the reigning world champion’s best ever race in Formula 1 and suggested that the performance at Monza on Sunday is why the Mercedes driver is one of the greatest of all time.

"Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

2. Likes: journeyman racer (26th September 2018)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    Considering their once toxic relationship, I was truly amazed at the loving words that Nico had for Lewis after the race in Monza. Seriously. We get the Sky broadcast by way of ESPN here. And although I was also impressed by Lewis' race, I didn't expect Rosberg to gush THAT much about Hammy's exploits and standing in the F1 world.

Anyway, good on Nico. Maybe this was his attempt to (further) bury the hatchet and reconnect with his old childhood pal.

Nico Rosberg hailed Lewis Hamilton’s victory at the Italian Grand Prix as an epic drive, perhaps the reigning world champion’s best ever race in Formula 1 and suggested that the performance at Monza on Sunday is why the Mercedes driver is one of the greatest of all time.

I suppose, it is also nice to be able to say "I beat the greatest of all time". That said, it was a truely brilliant race which l thoroughly enjoyed watching.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Time heals many wounds and on top of that, they're not rivals anymore, so there's no reason to keep it bitter.

Remember, for instance, how Senna famously hugged Prost in their last race together and how Prost was one of the pallbearers in Senna's funeral. So after having seen that, this I don't find surprising at all.

5. Likes: journeyman racer (26th September 2018),N. Jones (10th September 2018)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    True enough. Even Hamilton and Alonso seem to have (somewhat) gotten over their issues. Although their differing state of affairs probably makes that a bit easier. Weber and Vettel, I don't know about - same with Mario Andretti and Nigel Mansell. I just don't know. And while Senna and Prost seemed to bury the hatchet, I'm not sure about Senna and Piquet - but that rift was more of a personal, off-track thing than about racing. But anyway, in the heat of battle, it's easy to see how bitterness can grow. Once one or the other, or both are done, I think it's good that people can just be... well, people.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Time heals many wounds and on top of that, they're not rivals anymore, so there's no reason to keep it bitter.

Remember, for instance, how Senna famously hugged Prost in their last race together and how Prost was one of the pallbearers in Senna's funeral. So after having seen that, this I don't find surprising at all.
    I was going to say the same thing. Well said.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post

My observation is Sky paying Rosberg for analysis after diminishing him for 3 seasons. What a fairweather broadcasting team.