Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    I hope the weather will hold up during the rally!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 49 Times in 27 Posts
    Amazing WRC 2 list !!!!! Happy to see also Sylvain Michel taking part , would like to see what he can do against so strong competinion

3. Likes: Sulland (10th October 2018)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    No Östberg in R5, wasn't he rumoured to participate

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    He was, but ufortunately not to be it seems. Maybe Veiby took that car?

But a very good R5 startlist, and a huge 208 R2 list!

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    He was, but ufortunately not to be it seems. Maybe Veiby took that car?
    Shortly after that rumors appeared some of our Norwegian forum members (SubaruNorway maybe?) wrote here that it was not true.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts
    Are all the 208 r2 cup class doing the whole rally? They only did day 1 in Portugal

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Shortly after that rumors appeared some of our Norwegian forum members (SubaruNorway maybe?) wrote here that it was not true.
    I heard that they were hoping to at least run R5 earlier this year but i as far as i know It's been clear that they weren't going to since Finland at least.
    Shame they aren't as it would have been easier for me to plan on going to Spain earlier than trying to find a way now, would be cool to see Petter again!
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

9. Likes: Mirek (11th October 2018)
    Liked 5,530 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
    Are all the 208 r2 cup class doing the whole rally? They only did day 1 in Portugal

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Only first leg.

11. Likes: Nelly (10th October 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    In two weeks the Rally of Spain Catalonia will take place and there will be important improvements for Hyundai. The team of Michel Nandan will use one of its development jokers to release a new suspension and central differential. These developments will be crucial for Thierry Neuville, who will have to face a demanding first day in which he will open the way during the stage on the ground. The championship leader had suffered a lot of understeer in Wales and that was the area to solve for Spain.
    "We did not get the results we expected at the last rally, which was not conducive to our title ambitions," said Nandan in the German medium Rallye Magazin. The director of Hyundai Motorsport expects his team to make the most of these new improvements. "Now we only have two more events to fight, especially in the manufacturers' championship. We know it will not be easy. We will have to do everything in our power to win. "
    The truth is that the date of Wales was a real headache for Neuville. Already from the first section on Friday the Belgian had reported a marked tendency to understeer. According to the leader of the championship, the vehicle did not respond correctly to correct its lines on the road and suffered from serious problems to find a good level of grip. In fact, the Hyundai driver was forced to make a complete change of springs and suspension springs during the service park that day.
    With this change, the car improved slightly, although it maintained other inconveniences in the hardness of the suspension. The problem affected him on Saturday, as he had to battle to find a good level of stability in the Hyundai i20 WRC. The real and concrete is that this sum of altercations made him lose seconds repeatedly. Therefore, Neuville was unable to fight for the victory, especially since he ended up stuck for a few seconds after an exit from the road.
    In order to correct all these disadvantages, Hyundai invested a development joker that allowed them to obtain improvements in the central differential and the suspension geometry of the front axle. This should help solve the instability and the understeer trend that was continuously reported in the previous Wales date.

The Rally of Catalonia will again be a difficult mission for the championship leader, since it will have to sweep the roads when opening the route in the first stage of the land. While this will mean a loss of time, the Belgian will have the opportunity to move to the first starting places when the start order is reversed for the two days on asphalt. The cleanliness and speed of these roads could bring an advantage to the Hyundai driver, who would be able to compensate for Friday's limitations.
    For now, the South Korean brand is testing throughout this week in Spain. Andreas Mikkelsen was the first to turn on asphalt roads. After the Norwegian, it will be the turn of Thierry Neuville and Dani Sordo.

http://motorboxradio.com.ar/2018/10/...dai-en-espana/

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Not really sure who got this messed up.
    Hyundais understeer issues are on tarmac and have been there since Spain last year. The joker changes mentioned were planned for since before Germany. Yet this sounds like it's all about Wales gravel. If that was the case it would be pretty epic for Hyundai to develop and have ready suspension changes 2 days after GB ended.