Page 148 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1516
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Did Loeb bring him back for his rallys or he work for Citroen WRT anyway all this non-Loeb years?
    Actually, the fellow in the video is Didier Clement, Citroen field engineer since ever (Rally Raid days). He was also engineer of Loeb’s car during Seb whole WRC career. He’s still in the team, working as tech coordinator on events and tests.
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: TWRC (30th October 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Well, to be precise Loeb wasn't able to beat Tanak and Latvala sleedwise. So, it wasn't miracle after all, just some exta luck.
    he passed latavla before the problem... as for tanak you never know, he retired early on the tarmac stages.

In other words... shut up bitch and bow to the best of the best.

4. Likes: dimviii (30th October 2018)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Neuville was lucky that Loeb happened to have one of his few drives in Spain. Otherwise Ogier would've taken the win and even more points lead going to Australia. It could turn out to have been decisive if Neuville wins the Championship by a few points.

I wonder what Citroen Racing will think if it turns out they effectively denied Ogier the title and having the No.1 their car next year...

6. Likes: WRC1 (30th October 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Neuville was lucky that Loeb happened to have one of his few drives in Spain. Otherwise Ogier would've taken the win and even more points lead going to Australia. It could turn out to have been decisive if Neuville wins the Championship by a few points.

I wonder what Citroen Racing will think if it turns out they effectively denied Ogier the title and having the No.1 their car next year...
    Citroen could care less what happens to Ogier while he is at M-Sport. They are not a charity for Ogier while he is driving for another team.

They already have Ogier in their pockets... Now they're focused on the real Seb.. lol.

8. Likes: AnttiL (30th October 2018),dimviii (30th October 2018),pantealex (31st October 2018),spark13 (1st November 2018),TWRC (30th October 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

I am finally back after an intense week in Spain with a final result that makes a good fool! I do not hide the fact that the taste of victory began to miss me but it is not necessarily this weekend where I expected to slash the champagne!

Before the race, I was hoping to be in the game while being aware that it would not be easy. In Mexico, we played in front of, in Corsica too. In Spain, with the mix of both surfaces and the weather that was announced capricious, my first goal was to make a rally without error. Of course, deep within me, I dreamed of winning. But from there to concretize it ...

By losing more than ten seconds from the first super special, and when we know that the level is such that it is often played by the second, we were rather badly gone. The next morning, on earth, I never managed to find the confidence and do what I wanted from the car. Something is wrong. Either on the car or on me. We still do not know anyway! There is certainly a bit of both linked to the lack of driving. One thing is certain, I have not managed to really benefit from my position on the road. When it started to get better, the day was over!

Bis repetita the next morning! I did not manage to let go in these conditions. I had not driven on wet asphalt with a WRC for 6 years. In addition, we did not put the tires 'rain'. It was hot to find its braking marks, when you get to the bottom of 6, with these monsters that are the WRC today, with tires that do not drain water ... I absolutely did not want to do error and to make time in the morning, it was necessary to take risks. As the day before, the afternoon was better, we sign a scratch. Despite all this, we are still in the lead by being 8 seconds from the lead in four specials of the end. I was pretty happy with our job with Danos and the team. When I went to bed, I said to myself, "It would not be bad to go and get this one! "

1420/5000
    The next morning, the weather was still his. At first, we decide to go 'soft', to play the security. And then with Cedric, my engineer, we remembered my feedback that I had in tests in these conditions and the comparison between 'hard' and 'soft'. It was clear, it was written in black and white: 'I prefer a' hard 'hot on wet than a' soft 'too hot on wet'. So we decide to try a bet by putting the 'hard', unlike everyone else ... It was before the audience, at breakfast, at 6:30 in the morning. And then, the time of the assistance arrives and the questions begin to arise, one talks about all together, and the doubt settles. The weather engineer tells us that it will not rain but the day before, we were told the same thing and we had a big shower in special. At that moment, I do not know who to believe. On the other side, the openers then 'weather man' at the finish of the special tell me that it is dry and that it will remain so. While the 'soft' are mounted on the car and it remains 1 minute thirty seconds before pointing, I decided to go back on my first decision and put the 'hard'. I was deep inside me quite convinced but we still doubt in these moments. Once seated in the car, we had no choice! He had to go to battle! And then you know her ..
    Many people ask me if this is my best victory. I do not know. One thing is certain, if we integrate all the parameters, our absence since all this time, the new cars, the level of the current WRC, the difficulty of this rally with the conditions, and if we add that this is played in the last special against the guy who is the five-time world champion in title, indeed, it is, I think, one of the most beautiful! Noticeably more beautiful than the seasons when we won ten in the year with more than a minute in advance. There, once past the line, we did not know! To be honest, we got on the roof of the C3 WRC without being sure! It was only once 'up there' that I saw the sign with my own eyes and realized that it was really true. The emotion was strong to share it with Daniel and to offer this success to Citroën Racing.

We enjoyed it all together afterwards! Now, as everyone knows, I will take some time to ask myself and think about 2019. One thing is certain, I will keep you informed as soon as it will be a little clearer. For the moment, we are only at the stage of discussions, I have several tracks that I will study. What I can assure you is that I do not intend to retire now, so you will see me behind a wheel in 2019. But which one ?! Stay connected!

See you soon.

Seb. "

http://www.sebastienloeb.com/rallye-...ais-de-gagner/

11. Likes: AnttiL (30th October 2018),scn (30th October 2018),sindroms (31st October 2018),WRC1 (30th October 2018)
    nice photo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpjdljNg...=1n9kpv4zudqxv

@scn tell us some more from Spain! Driving lines,cars behaviour etc.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Lovely words there. Real nice insight... highlights just how much he loves the sport.
    full season coming up...

14. Likes: EstWRC (30th October 2018)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    With M-Sport...
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    With M-Sport...

17. Likes: EstWRC (31st October 2018),pantealex (31st October 2018)