Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Tidemand didnt retired from punctures?
    First stopped with third puncture, but couldn’t Rally2 because car was damaged

2. Likes: pantealex (18th September 2018)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    More than the drivers or the cars the tyres have been the weakest link on rougher events; maybe it's time to bring back the mousse.
    Mousse did not work 100 percent of the time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_mousse Maybe a set or two (10) beadlock rims for the roughest stages rather than mousse? https://youtu.be/eSg4uA4552A?t=43s taking beadlocks apart

How do some drivers have no punctures and others lots?
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 18th September 2018 at 12:19.

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    How do some drivers have no punctures and others lots?
    I think that Solberg and Ingram were the only R5 drivers that didn't have problems with tyres? All others did or am I wrong?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Could it be, that because running outside of WRC2 category, he coud use WRC tyres?

6. Likes: Rally Power (18th September 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    I respect your opinion on many things, but I'm surprised by your reaction here. It's the World Championship, not the ERC. It's inevitable that you will have rounds where European privateers in R5s will not choose to go in large numbers. This is precisely why WRC2 only counts seven rounds, with a result on one of those being dropped. Going by the question you pose in bold, the WRC couldn't exist. You exclude Mexico, Australia and Argentina from the WRC because the European privateers don't enter RC2 there. Without those rounds you don't qualify for World Championship status from the FIA.
    Again the same question. Why to add a championship event about which we know that it will not attract championship competitors? It doesn't matter where on the Globe the event is located. It shall be always organized so that it will attract highest possible number of regular entrants, i.e. the organizers shall not say to themselves something like: "nobody from privateers will come anyway so let's make it brutal". This is a road to nowhere and a wrong mindset. The organization shall always instead think this way: "we are having a distant event, let's try to offer something what makes them still come".
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: Jarek Z (18th September 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I think that Solberg and Ingram were the only R5 drivers that didn't have problems with tyres? All others did or am I wrong?
    Ingram had a puncture too.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: Jarek Z (18th September 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Could it be, that because running outside of WRC2 category, he coud use WRC tyres?
    I also wondered about this

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    "nobody from privateers will come anyway so let's make it brutal". This is a road to nowhere and a wrong mindset. The organization shall always instead think this way: "we are having a distant event, let's try to offer something what makes them still come".
    It should be that way, but the FIA and the championship is way too politicized and corrupt for that. The people in charge of motorsport now are not in charge because they're good at leading, but because they're good at scheming.

That said, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and after all my complaining about how disgusting it was that they were taking out Poland on the pretense of 'safety' to get Turkey in, it turned out to be a really, really great addition to the calendar. Variety is the key. We needed an event that would stand out for its roughness. Rally Poland (at least the last few years, I don't know about before) felt very generic, IMO.

13. Likes: steve.mandzij (18th September 2018)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    http://www.rallyturkey.com/wp-conten...ulletin-1-.pdf

3. 2018 FIA WRC Sporting Regulations / Art. 60.3 Tyres specified for use during the rally.
    As per WRC Art. 60.3, the following competitor is required to use tyres from FIA-nominated tyre company:
    Henning SOLBERG

What does that mean?
    Only tyre company or tyre type also?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Again the same question. Why to add a championship event about which we know that it will not attract championship competitors? It doesn't matter where on the Globe the event is located. It shall be always organized so that it will attract highest possible number of regular entrants, i.e. the organizers shall not say to themselves something like: "nobody from privateers will come anyway so let's make it brutal". This is a road to nowhere and a wrong mindset. The organization shall always instead think this way: "we are having a distant event, let's try to offer something what makes them still come".
    How would that work in reality? European privateers will never be able to attend all 14 rounds of the world championship. Whether the stages are rough or not, most European privateers will not go to Australia, Argentina, Mexico or Kenya, ect... So you'd force all events to provide nice smooth roads, not in keeping with the character of those areas, just so that theoretically a European privateer can show up with his R5 and cruise around like a tourist, going no quicker than if it were a rougher rally, with less chance of getting a good result...

Again lets look at reality rather than making theoretical arguments. Privateers DID go to Rally Turkey. A privateer WON Rally Turkey. Are Solberg, Ingram, Tempestini, Kajto, Heller and Salvi moaning about the nature of the rally as much as some people here? Seems to me they embraced the event for what is was. The same would be the case for a returning Safari, privateers would go there for the famous conditions and challenge it has always presented. A Safari Rally with unauthentic, nice smooth roads wouldn't present a unique challenge while keeping the inconvenience and expense of being a long way from Europe, why would a privateer bother with that? The most successful non-European rallies attended by European privateers I can think of are all endurance events. People go and pay the price precisely for the challenge of taking part, not because it's easy...

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I don't think there should be more than one or two rougher events like this and I'd only go up to two if the Safari comes back. Also, if we were talking about the ERC here rather than the WRC, I'd be agreeing with you.
    Last edited by the sniper; 18th September 2018 at 21:59.

16. Likes: pantealex (19th September 2018),Rally Power (20th September 2018)