Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Singapore GP

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Perez should be black flagged.
    Lap 1 takes out his teammate deliberately
    Lap 35 viscously trying to take out sirotlon
    Madness
    Tjey need to set an example because there is no place for this in F1.
    Yea Perez is d**KHEAD
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (16th September 2018)
    Bottas on the more durable tires is making no inroads on vettel. This is where he needs to be pushing to make vettel work harder but as usual he is just getting slower and worse. Smh dissapointing. Wtf is he driving?
    Not a good showing from Bottas in this race. He certainly do not deserve that seat.
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: truefan72 (16th September 2018)
    Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Beautiful strategy, and a lovely drive by Fred. Absolutely the maximum McLaren could achieve. Really gonna' miss that freakin' guy!
    May the forza be with you

6. Likes: truefan72 (16th September 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Beautiful strategy, and a lovely drive by Fred. Absolutely the maximum McLaren could achieve. Really gonna' miss that freakin' guy!
    Yea, Alonso kept his head down and took whatever opportunities that came his way. A solid drive of a champion. That said, the real stars of today were Hamilton and Verstapenn, both were in a league of their own
    William Shakespeare

8. Likes: truefan72 (16th September 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Yea, Alonso kept his head down and took whatever opportunities that came his way. A solid drive of a champion. That said, the real stars of today were Hamilton and Verstapenn, both were in a league of their own

"Go find Alonso, tell him I have a challenge for him."

10. Likes: Duncan (16th September 2018),truefan72 (16th September 2018)
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Except for Perez ramming into a couple cars, and watching people get frustrated trying to get by Sirotkin, the race was kind of a borefest.

Ferrari rolled the dice on pit strategy and lost, and TBH I don't think Seb had the pace regardless to challenge Lewis. Kimi and a lot of others ran long on the Ultrasoft, but in the end the increase in tire towards the end of the race didn't help much really. Lewis and Max both ran a brilliant race, and Max has to be commended for not diving in late at the race start, as well as seemingly controlling pace and not pushing things until Seb pitted.

Too much aero influence with dirty air and no long straights equalized the cars quite a bit as far as lesser handling cars making easy passes with DRS.

Both Renault cars in the points, and Alonso taking that Mclaren to places we wouldn't think it could reach usually.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    "Go find Alonso, tell him I have a challenge for him."
    There's no way in hell that Arrivabene would let Alonso back into Ferrari, though.

Now, if the boss' head were to roll after a failure to snatch either championship after having had the fastest car, well, the Spanish diva might just get a chance.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Perez should be black flagged.
    Lap 1 takes out his teammate deliberately
    Lap 35 viscously trying to take out sirotlon
    Madness
    Tjey need to set an example because there is no place for this in F1.
    I think he hit Ocon intentionally as well. Where there is space Ocon is entitled to be there. Ocon was ahead of Perez at one point so I don’t buy that he didn’t see him, especially since he left his steering wheel down to the right. He definitely hit Sirotkin intentionally.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, any driver that intentionally hits another should face an entire season long ban. They let Vettel away with it in Baku and Mexico last year. They had a chance to stamp it out. Idiots couldn’t even apply a consistent penalty. Gave Perez a drive through and Vettel a 10 second stop go. Now that they failed to stomp it out, I fully expect to see it happen again.

14. Likes: Duncan (16th September 2018),truefan72 (16th September 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    There's no way in hell that Arrivabene would let Alonso back into Ferrari, though.

Now, if the boss' head were to roll after a failure to snatch either championship after having had the fastest car, well, the Spanish diva might just get a chance.
    So? Go Fred!

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Well, that was not exactly what I was expecting for this weekend. Fantastic drive from Lewis, and a calm head also from Verstappen to convert his brilliant qualifying into a race result. Vettel seems to be falling into a hole at this point, even with a car that seems faster on single lap pace.

WTH was Bottas doing? He should have been pulling chunks out of the gap to Vettel, whose tires must have been very ugly by the latter stages of the race, but instead was giving up time every lap.

Also, Perez. I went back and watched his onboards on the F1 streaming service, and I think he has some serious questions to answer. On the first lap, he mysteriously suddenly straightens the steering wheel mid-corner to initiate the contact with Ocon, who should have been very clearly visible to him. I can't see anything that suggests the back end letting go that would have required a correction to explain that move. Couple that with the later inexplicable collision with Sirotkin, and I don't think he'd be keeping his seat for next year if it wasn't for the money he's bringing in.

17. Likes: truefan72 (17th September 2018)