Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Leclerc Swap seats with Raikonen

Ferrari finally decides to take the risk with their rookie junior Leclerc for the 2019 season in place of Kimi Raikonen as suspected. Kimi shall head to Sauber for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

I think it is great. it would give leclerc two seasons to bed into the Ferarri team operation and gain valuable experience to prepoare him for the 2021 season with the new chassis and engines.

Sauber would benefit alot from having the veteran Ferrari world champion; Kimi Raikonen back in thier team. He would bring lots of knowledge and experience of driving the Ferrari to the Sauber team which really help them get the most from their Ferrari powertrain.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 11th September 2018 at 13:19.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    This is good news both for Kimi and Leclerc. I´m so happy for Kimis sake, now he would be the No 1 in the team, and don´t be suprise, he will be on the podium next year to.

3. Likes: airshifter (13th September 2018)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    This is good news both for Kimi and Leclerc. I´m so happy for Kimis sake, now he would be the No 1 in the team, and don´t be suprise, he will be on the podium next year to.
    I agree, l think Kimi would be relieved to finally depart Ferrari.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

5. Likes: airshifter (13th September 2018),Mia 01 (12th September 2018)
    Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    I also think it is cool that Kimi will retire with the team he started with. Maybe end up part owner too is what I hear.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

7. Likes: airshifter (13th September 2018),gm99 (11th September 2018),Mia 01 (12th September 2018)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Exciting news. Would love to see a repeat of 2012-2013 for Kimi at Sauber.

9. Likes: airshifter (13th September 2018),Mia 01 (12th September 2018),N. Jones (12th September 2018)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Happy for Kimi .
    Happy to be able to still watch him race .

Happiest for Mia , who has supported him here through thick and thin .

I expect , because of close ties with the reds , and , because he's still damn fast , that Kimi will move the team forward .

"I know what I'm doing." seems like a good line for right now .

11. Likes: airshifter (13th September 2018)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    About time Kimi left Ferrari. He’s been a has been for a longtime now that puts in the odd good performance. The seat in Sauber would be better off filled with Ocon. It’s a shame that he may lose his drive next year while Kimi keeps his.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    About time Kimi left Ferrari. He’s been a has been for a longtime now that puts in the odd good performance. The seat in Sauber would be better off filled with Ocon. It’s a shame that he may lose his drive next year while Kimi keeps his.
    Instead of just being Vettel's bitch, he'll be half the grids bitch, and Max will be really rude to him!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    I guess Ferrari are going to roll those dice on Leclerc. I think it shows how the team has changed, and hopefully it will work out well for them.

As for Kimi being a has been, he's in 3rd in the WDC even though he has 3 DNFs this season. Being that he is the old man of F1 at this point, not too shabby considering both those above him in points are only at 1 DNF each. Considering some of the poor calls by Ferrari he's not doing that bad. It will be interesting to see if he can help Sauber with the car, and maybe bring that thing up in the field some.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Instead of just being Vettel's bitch, he'll be half the grids bitch, and Max will be really rude to him!
    I reckon it's the wife behind it. She'll be Sauber's CEO by 2021 at the latest.