Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore GP

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

Singapore GP

Epic pole by Hamilton. Neither I nor Ferrari saw that coming. My fear is Verstappen at the start. He could do what he did last year and just go bonkers at the start.
    ...and hear goes max taking shots at Renault. Smh
    you can't argue with results.

2. Likes: Duncan (16th September 2018)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    LEWIS HAMILTON WOW WOW WOW

That Q3 lap was a stroke of genius. 1:36:015 new lap record for the singapore track. 0.600sec faster than the fastest Ferrari of Vettel. wow
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: Duncan (16th September 2018),truefan72 (15th September 2018)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    This is set up perfectly for a first lap , first corner , carbon fiber confetti tornado , with Max beside Lewis , both doing laps far beyond their cars .
    Maximum will dive in , and fight with Hammy , whilst Bottas will hope to punk them both , and Seb will spear through , having lost too much temperature in the tires while on the grid .

Stroll will be seventh after the first lap .

It will be fun to watch .

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Epic pole by Hamilton. Neither I nor Ferrari saw that coming. My fear is Verstappen at the start. He could do what he did last year and just go bonkers at the start.
    ...and hear goes max taking shots at Renault. Smh
    He didn't 'do' anything last year.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    This is set up perfectly for a first lap , first corner , carbon fiber confetti tornado , with Max beside Lewis , both doing laps far beyond their cars .
    Maximum will dive in , and fight with Hammy , whilst Bottas will hope to punk them both , and Seb will spear through , having lost too much temperature in the tires while on the grid .

Stroll will be seventh after the first lap .

It will be fun to watch .
    Sorry Baggie he'll be lapped by the 1/2 way point of the race,unless he gets very lucky with safety cars!
    It will be fun to watch!
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    He didn't 'do' anything last year

Yes that was Kettei's fault
    May the forza be with you

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Wow, we haven't heard the story about drivers doing this since the times when the great Alonso was extracting full 120 percent out of his car, while the poor Massa was doing only 97 percent in 2011-2012. Haha, what a good laugh. Formula 1 drivers have learned how to bend the laws of physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Sorry Baggie he'll be lapped by the 1/2 way point of the race,unless he gets very lucky with safety cars!
    It will be fun to watch!

Yes that was Kettei's fault
    Easy there , Tazzy , I never said he'd stay there !

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Amazing from Lewis. That was a chanpions lap. That was a Greatest of all time lap. He’s laying his stall out to be regarded as the GOAT. He pulled it out of the bag, and left Ferrari shell shocked. He is at his peak and simply performing at another level to the rest right now. Absolute joy to watch.

And lets not forget about Max Verstappen. What a performance by him. He didn’t get pole but they will come.

11. Likes: Duncan (16th September 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Wow, we haven't heard the story about drivers doing this since the times when the great Alonso was extracting full 120 percent out of his car, while the poor Massa was doing only 97 percent in 2011-2012. Haha, what a good laugh. Formula 1 drivers have learned how to bend the laws of physics.
    And , easy there , Zako , as I didn't mention any percentages , the laws of physics still rule .
    You like "laps that looked like far beyond their cars" , or "laps far beyond their team-mates" ?

I can change it to either one so it doesn't offend your little old self .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Amazing from Lewis. That was a chanpions lap. That was a Greatest of all time lap. He’s laying his stall out to be regarded as the GOAT. He pulled it out of the bag, and left Ferrari shell shocked. He is at his peak and simply performing at another level to the rest right now. Absolute joy to watch.

And lets not forget about Max Verstappen. What a performance by him. He didn’t get pole but they will come.
    Quite true, Verstapenn layed down a real stormer. I said to myself as he completed that lap, that if he was in a Mercedes or Ferrari, he would have easily put it on pole or match Hamilton very closely.

It is mysterious how the Ferrari pace disappeared when they needed it the most. It looks set to be a first corner drama tomorrow, the Redbull has a better traction from standstill relative to the Mercedes. And the Ferrari's with equally better traction may have us see three or four cars trying to make it through the first corner. Hamilton needs a great getaway to win this races or at least have half a chance of converting pole to win.

Vettel is livid and desperate, hence, l expect he would try to barge his way forward through Verstapenn and you know what that means. It would be a cracking race tomorrow.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 15th September 2018 at 22:48.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare