Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Wales Rally GB

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    I actually think this rally is crucial for Neuville, cause unless some miracle development happens he will struggle in Spain both on friday due to road position and then on tarmac with the car. Luckily for him Loeb is likely to steal points from others.

Anyway here in GB I also rate Ogier as favourite of the 3. Toyota is still uncertain, didn't had top speed on wet on Sardinia.

Liked 137 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    what's the deal with new aero on Fiesta? Linked to chassis for GB or just not good enough?
    While they use the old chassis (same used in Turkey) I think they are not forced to use the new aero.... which would probably be easily damaged in Wales. We'll see what decision do they take in next event (Catalunya)
    WRCWings - Aerodynamics of WRC

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I actually think this rally is crucial for Neuville, cause unless some miracle development happens he will struggle in Spain both on friday due to road position and then on tarmac with the car. Luckily for him Loeb is likely to steal points from others.
    Anyway here in GB I also rate Ogier as favourite of the 3. Toyota is still uncertain, didn't had top speed on wet on Sardinia.
    I don't believe loeb will steal any meaningful points. If nothing goes wrong he should end way beyond neuville, tanak and ogier.

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I actually think this rally is crucial for Neuville, cause unless some miracle development happens he will struggle in Spain both on friday due to road position and then on tarmac with the car.
    My thought as well. In Wales sweeping shouldn't be as bad as in Catalunya and Australia, especially if it's damp or wet. He should try to increase the points gap between him and Tanak/Ogier, because in the remaining two rounds (if he's still the championship leader), he'll have the sweeping disadvantage.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I don't believe loeb will steal any meaningful points. If nothing goes wrong he should end way beyond neuville, tanak and ogier.
    like in mexico and corsica right ??

this sport is not for you... you watch it and you take away nothing.... ridiculous.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    Need a bit more help please.
    The boy is heading down to Wales Thurs night with 3 friends. Just found out they've hired a motorhome, great for sleeping, not so good for travelling between stages. Anyway he's asked me if they have to use official car parks etc how many stages can they expect to see out of the 7/8 on Fri/Sat? I'm assuming they won't be trapped in once in a viewing area. Obviously leaving the stage after 20 cars or so (if they decide to do that). Would they get 3 in considering traffic etc?
    I think 3 is fairly straightforward but always a compromise and a gamble. In terms of timings then I'd say Slate Mountain then Penmachno is best bet on Friday, but I don't know what parking is like at either (there is always the chance that you're best part of an hour's walk from the stage, and even that could be crap viewing). Saturday I'm not so sure on, in theory you'd have thought that the number of stages would make it viable, but there's some fair liaison in it for a motorhome. Probable best bet is to try Myherin first stage then consider where else might work (e.g both running of Garth).

Personally I'd rather just accept that I will only see cars twice (plus the national event) rather than rush and tear and possibly miss them. I've done trips where we watch the top 15/20 and then jump back in the car and it can be bloody tiring. With the help of J4MIE's planning we did something like 13 stages + shakedown for Greece 2012...and we could have watched the power stage too but sacked it off in favour of going to the beach for a shower (5 days in cars/tents/climbing hills really took a toll). I'm not sure I'll ever do something like that again, it was stupidly full on and involved a crazy amount of time sitting in the car.

Edit: Just had a look to jog my memory, on the Friday we did about 400km of driving to see 5 stages, slightly higher mileage on Saturday for almost 5 (I missed the first couple of cars on one stage, the others couldn't be arsed to scale the mountain to get there - I maintain that it was worth it for the view)
    Last edited by MrJan; 3rd October 2018 at 19:32.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

7. Likes: dimviii (3rd October 2018),noel157 (3rd October 2018),Simmi (3rd October 2018),the sniper (3rd October 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Wishing everyone who is going to the rally a great trip. Heading to Shakedown at silly o'clock in the morning. Doesn't seem like any momentum has been lost since last year so I think it's going to be packed again!
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Rally Forum live stream: Breen, M.Wilson, Kankkunen and more.

http://rallyfm.net/popup-player.html

Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    Shakedown and service park for me tomorrow, full day in Brenig Friday - bit undecided for Saturday - had been thinking of parking in Sweet Lamb, walking up past the old mines and into Hafren for the morning run before gradually making my way back through Sweet Lamb for the Nationals and second WRC run so I get a different photo point for each... but the forecast looks very wet for Saturday AM so I'm not sure I wouldn't be better going somewhere with trees. Ironically Sunday looks like a nice day but unfortunately I can't go!

Liked 12,169 Times in 5,219 Posts

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -