Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 938

Thread: Wales Rally GB

  1. #841
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    19,155
    Like
    4,764
    Liked 6,083 Times in 2,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    So if Tidemand don't get the seat at the top there will be three WRC2 title contenders next year. Haha all by Skoda...
    Who? I think that only Kalle is sure to stay at the moment.

    I'm hugely impressed by Kalle not only here but through the whole season especially considering his age. If he drives like this he will become a WRC2 champion next year.
    Last edited by Mirek; 7th October 2018 at 15:19.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  2. Likes: AnttiL (7th October 2018),mufcAleksi (7th October 2018),pantealex (7th October 2018),Rallyper (8th October 2018),RS (7th October 2018)
  3. #842
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    57
    Like
    6
    Liked 48 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    He had far less trouble beating tanak when they were driving the same car last year.

    I believe the toyota is the best car by some margin right now. Its just lappi and latvala who are not up to it. Just like mikkelsen and paddon at hyundai, or evans at msport.
    I dont argue with that. But probably Tänak has improved his driving as well since last year was the first one he was really competitive. And already last year on pure speed they were equal drivers. Ogier did just fewer mistakes.

    My real point was that you said that Ogier showd the Yaris can be beaten. But how did he show that?
    He beat Lappi and Latvala who he has beaten on almost every rally. But he was beaten on pure speed by Tänak by a calendar until the car broke down.

    So in this sense he did not show the yaris can be beaten. Kind of hard to put Tänaks radiator breaking to Ogier.

  4. #843
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    19,155
    Like
    4,764
    Liked 6,083 Times in 2,539 Posts
    Now I see that Kalle had his 18th birthday a week a go. Great present he gave to himself
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  5. Likes: AnttiL (7th October 2018),pantealex (7th October 2018)
  6. #844
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    808
    Like
    3,069
    Liked 374 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    He had far less trouble beating tanak when they were driving the same car last year.

    I believe the toyota is the best car by some margin right now. Its just lappi and latvala who are not up to it. Just like mikkelsen and paddon at hyundai, or evans at msport.
    I disagree that Lappi and Latvala are on Mikkelsen or Paddon's levels, let alone Evans'. I could imagine only Andreas battling for victory in a Toyota out of the three. Sure enough, the Toyota finns would likely be in the middle of the pack at M-Sport or Hyundai.

    Speaking of Hyundai, the i20 looks more and more like the worst car at the moment. It's as if they haven't developed anything new for it and it shows drastically. They've lost pace everywhere and it's short of a miracle what Neuville has pulled off this year.

  7. Likes: krissucool (7th October 2018)
  8. #845
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    734
    Like
    4
    Liked 459 Times in 249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    You can talk as much as you want, but that won't change the fact that Tanak broke the radiator 5 times, while the other two drivers none.
    Now that`s the "facts" part...it was his 3rd time but still talking like someone, who knows everything. BTWW, Latvala has had a broken gene two times now, others not. What has he done wrong in driving?
    Last edited by Tarmop; 7th October 2018 at 15:47.

  9. Likes: Rallyper (8th October 2018)
  10. #846
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,593
    Like
    152
    Liked 1,016 Times in 554 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Speaking of Hyundai, the i20 looks more and more like the worst car at the moment. It's as if they haven't developed anything new for it and it shows drastically. They've lost pace everywhere and it's short of a miracle what Neuville has pulled off this year.
    They are still top on (normal) dry gravel. As I have been saying for the last 6 months, it's the tarmac and Finland that is the issue. They never were good in Finland and the aero evolution seemingly made the car worse on tarmac. Problem is that the number of rallies that "doesn't fit the car" becomes quite long, and most are packed into the second half of the season.

    Tänak is saying now that he wants to take the title cause you never know how competetive they are next year. That's pretty much what happened to Neuville from clearly fastest last year.

  11. #847
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,559
    Like
    2
    Liked 434 Times in 248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    My real point was that you said that Ogier showd the Yaris can be beaten. But how did he show that?
    He beat Lappi and Latvala who he has beaten on almost every rally. But he was beaten on pure speed by Tänak by a calendar until the car broke down.
    It not so easy-look at today's morning situation-JML was on a charge, in those moments I doubt that Ott would be any faster (some rare moments of winning speed shown by JML). But, Ogier thank god found an answer and in that cruical moment succeeded to regain the leadership. And very important-won the last stage. So there was nothing given to him (except Ott's off; but this is already another story).

  12. #848
    Senior Member stefanvv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,159
    Like
    1,379
    Liked 946 Times in 662 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    Kind of hard to put Tänaks radiator breaking to Ogier.
    Of course that's not what Ogier would want, but some people may argue the "pressure" forces a driver to be on the limit, with all the risks involved.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

  13. #849
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    734
    Like
    4
    Liked 459 Times in 249 Posts
    But was he under pressure? Well, yes, in a way you always are, but he himself said that it was more about just cruising through with a nice gap.

  14. Likes: pantealex (7th October 2018)
  15. #850
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    57
    Like
    6
    Liked 48 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Of course that's not what Ogier would want, but some people may argue the "pressure" forces a driver to be on the limit, with all the risks involved.
    I completely agree. But he was not under any pressure. Ogier was miles from him. If anything he was in too much of a cruise mode.

  16. Likes: pantealex (7th October 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •