Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Apart from the big Meeke story in MN today - it also says that the service park for GB will likely be moved to Llandudno next year, with an opening spectator stage and start earmarked for either Liverpool or Manchester. Really taking the rally to the people.

Article also says that while there is funding from Wales for the next few years, from 2020 the rally could start to move around the UK.

I find that second bit hard to believe if I'm honest. But let's see.
Yes, it does seem hard to believe. However, whilst the event has turned a corner, and is a success - let's be blunt, it's still pretty much invisible. If the organisers want to attract more people to the sport ( and gain greater exposure for associated sponsors, etc) , then they need to move the event around the country. It's not exactly rocket science. Where the sponsorship/ funding comes from is another matter.

And Fast Eddie is right; a stage in Liverpool could be great. This year has seen RedBull Drifters which pulled in a massive crowd - and this weekend' The Giants', which brought the city to a standstill (so I'm told, I was at RallyGB). Back in 1986 on the RAC, there was an overnight halt at the Albert Dock.