Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wales Rally GB

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts

Wales Rally GB

OK,

I'm happy to kick this one off.... Just under a month to go and we're in for a proper, flat-out rally, given it's position on the calendar and the way the championship it hotting up.
    I'm going to travel down from the north east on Thursday night and spectate Friday and Saturday. Can't wait., should be epic.

One negative point though.... how come they are charging £28 for a ticket for Thursday, when there is only one stage, yet Sunday has five stages and they are charging £23?

Enjoy if you go!

T16.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    OK,

I'm happy to kick this one off.... Just under a month to go and we're in for a proper, flat-out rally, given it's position on the calendar and the way the championship it hotting up.
    I'm going to travel down from the north east on Thursday night and spectate Friday and Saturday. Can't wait., should be epic.

One negative point though.... how come they are charging £28 for a ticket for Thursday, when there is only one stage, yet Sunday has five stages and they are charging £23?

Enjoy if you go!

T16.
    Does that Thursday ticket also get you into Shakedown? I didn't do Tir Prince last year but a few friends who did absolutely slated it.

You can spectate the Orme for free on Sunday which is possibly why they've reduced that price?

The big question is whether we get any interesting entries. Seems to be less and less the case these days and I'm not holding out much hope for Meeke.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Does that Thursday ticket also get you into Shakedown? I didn't do Tir Prince last year but a few friends who did absolutely slated it.

You can spectate the Orme for free on Sunday which is possibly why they've reduced that price?

The big question is whether we get any interesting entries. Seems to be less and less the case these days and I'm not holding out much hope for Meeke.

Yeah, it gets you into both, but I'm hoping it's just a pricing error, thought I doubt it. I find it completely shocking to be honest... I thought they were trying to get more people into the sport.

Can't imagine Meeke will get an entry, but again, I very much hope I am wrong. Eddie seems to be convinced that he is still contracted to Citroen, so I guess that will squash any chances he has. It would be nice to think another team brought him into play from a tactical point-of-view, given his experience. Shame.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Would be probably a good idea to edit the year into the topic title.

The route is interesting, with a lot of tarmac sections and roads that haven't been used before, at least in years.

5. Likes: Tauri_J (6th September 2018)
    [QUOTE=AnttiL;1190563]Would be probably a good idea to edit the year into the topic title.

Thanks and good idea, but I can't see how to... any ideas?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Also heading up on the Thursday night and watching Friday/Saturday before heading back south. Can't be hassled with driving from the Sweet Lamb area back up towards Brenig, only to give myself a longer drive home on Sunday evening.

Still not picked what stages I'm going to but will probably head for car parks and sleep in the van rather than go for the 2 footed discount.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Also heading up on the Thursday night and watching Friday/Saturday before heading back south. Can't be hassled with driving from the Sweet Lamb area back up towards Brenig, only to give myself a longer drive home on Sunday evening.

Still not picked what stages I'm going to but will probably head for car parks and sleep in the van rather than go for the 2 footed discount.
    I too am planning on sleeping in the van... did you know they are charging a tenner for anyone sleeping overnight?

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I too am planning on sleeping in the van... did you know they are charging a tenner for anyone sleeping overnight?
    No? In that case, f**k 'em and I'll apply the 2 foot discount...unless anyone knows of a code like the Toyota one last year that got 50% off.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Good news! The speed that credited @NilSolans during the @ADACRallye, where he came to fight for the leadership of #WRC 2, has had his reward. @MSportLtd and @pirellisport have decided to enroll @WalesRallyGB him in, where he debuts with him as a co-pilot @MarcMartiWRC.

https://twitter.com/RallyTeamSpain/s...20311476285440

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Google Earth Map is out ► http://bit.ly/2rc9vjd

12. Likes: AnttiL (9th September 2018)