Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Wales Rally GB

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    He had far less trouble beating tanak when they were driving the same car last year.

I believe the toyota is the best car by some margin right now. Its just lappi and latvala who are not up to it. Just like mikkelsen and paddon at hyundai, or evans at msport.
    I disagree that Lappi and Latvala are on Mikkelsen or Paddon's levels, let alone Evans'. I could imagine only Andreas battling for victory in a Toyota out of the three. Sure enough, the Toyota finns would likely be in the middle of the pack at M-Sport or Hyundai.

Speaking of Hyundai, the i20 looks more and more like the worst car at the moment. It's as if they haven't developed anything new for it and it shows drastically. They've lost pace everywhere and it's short of a miracle what Neuville has pulled off this year.

2. Likes: krissucool (7th October 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    You can talk as much as you want, but that won't change the fact that Tanak broke the radiator 5 times, while the other two drivers none.
    Now that`s the "facts" part...it was his 3rd time but still talking like someone, who knows everything. BTWW, Latvala has had a broken gene two times now, others not. What has he done wrong in driving?
    Last edited by Tarmop; 7th October 2018 at 16:47.

4. Likes: Rallyper (8th October 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Speaking of Hyundai, the i20 looks more and more like the worst car at the moment. It's as if they haven't developed anything new for it and it shows drastically. They've lost pace everywhere and it's short of a miracle what Neuville has pulled off this year.
    They are still top on (normal) dry gravel. As I have been saying for the last 6 months, it's the tarmac and Finland that is the issue. They never were good in Finland and the aero evolution seemingly made the car worse on tarmac. Problem is that the number of rallies that "doesn't fit the car" becomes quite long, and most are packed into the second half of the season.

Tänak is saying now that he wants to take the title cause you never know how competetive they are next year. That's pretty much what happened to Neuville from clearly fastest last year.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    My real point was that you said that Ogier showd the Yaris can be beaten. But how did he show that?
    He beat Lappi and Latvala who he has beaten on almost every rally. But he was beaten on pure speed by Tänak by a calendar until the car broke down.
    It not so easy-look at today's morning situation-JML was on a charge, in those moments I doubt that Ott would be any faster (some rare moments of winning speed shown by JML). But, Ogier thank god found an answer and in that cruical moment succeeded to regain the leadership. And very important-won the last stage. So there was nothing given to him (except Ott's off; but this is already another story).

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
    Kind of hard to put Tänaks radiator breaking to Ogier.
    Of course that's not what Ogier would want, but some people may argue the "pressure" forces a driver to be on the limit, with all the risks involved.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

But was he under pressure? Well, yes, in a way you always are, but he himself said that it was more about just cruising through with a nice gap.

9. Likes: pantealex (7th October 2018)
    Liked 182 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Of course that's not what Ogier would want, but some people may argue the "pressure" forces a driver to be on the limit, with all the risks involved.
    I completely agree. But he was not under any pressure. Ogier was miles from him. If anything he was in too much of a cruise mode.

11. Likes: pantealex (7th October 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Facts: On stage before Tänak lost 6s to Ogier in what was effectively his slowest stage time of the rally until then and said it was big surprise it was dry and that he needs to manage the rest of the loop.

Well yes, but still 42 seconds clear.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    De villers video
    https://youtu.be/uGjxuvti23o

15. Likes: noel157 (7th October 2018),Rally Power (7th October 2018)