Thread: Spa 2018

Hybrid View

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts

Spa 2018

And then , the rains came , and Lewis was on pole , with Seb beside him , and two pink cars on the second row .

2. Likes: donKey jote (25th August 2018)
    And then , as the qualifying finished , bagwan took pole from truefan by a full minute on the timing screens !

4. Likes: donKey jote (25th August 2018)
    Interviewed afterwards by Thyme magazine , the bagwan replied: "I knew it was going to be close , but I had confidence going in , that I'd get it in in time to get pole . I knew it wasn't going to be easy , especially with the low downforce settings on my keyboard that I chose to use for this race .

6. Likes: donKey jote (25th August 2018)
    Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    Wow. Another lap 1 carnage. Now we can put the debat of Halo to rest.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longisland View Post
    Wow. Another lap 1 carnage. Now we can put the debat of Halo to rest.
    Totally agree, but that doesn't go far enough. It's time to ban forever open cockpit and open wheel cars. Open wheels lead to flying cars and open cockpit to driver compartment intrusions. Lets move out of the dark ages.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Today , the halo made sense .
    I still hate the way it looks , but I'm getting used to seeing it .

I'd like to give Hulkenbozo a slap for taking out Alonso , because I'd like to see as many laps from the matador as I can before he leaves the arena .

10. Likes: Duncan (27th August 2018),Tazio (26th August 2018)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I'd like to see as many laps from the matador as I can before he leaves the arena .
    Yeah Fred had a chance to score points today in that poS,as he usually finds a ways to work his magic in that rig!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Well, Spa always tosses some strange twists in the mix so this race was no exception.

When the rain came, it seemed everyone was on their heels for qually. I'm not quite sure how Ferrari screwed up so much with Kimi, but at least it was only one of the cars. Great to see the FI cars end up at the pointy end of the pack.

That punt by Hulkenburg was heavy. I'm still at a loss how he wasn't ready when everyone checked up.... it was the first lap after all. Glad the halo did the job it was supposed to do. That shot of Leclerc's car showed how much energy the halo had to deflect.

As for the race following the safety car, kind of a bore-fest. Great work by Seb getting by Lewis early so he could control the race. Clean racing by the two of them as well as both FI drivers, that situation could have gotten ugly in a hurry. And good work by Max getting by the FI cars as well. After that, it seemed like there really wasn't a lot to watch other than Bottas making his way through the field.

The Ferrari's were strong. If not for the damage from the cut tire I'm sure Kimi could have battled back well. He seems to always do well at Spa. I still don't know if Ricciardo got a tap from the Torro Rosso or not, but either way his wing made it to Kimi's tire.

Unless Merc ups the game, I see Monza going to the red cars.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I enjoyed this race, although it was clear after the safety car ended plus one lap how the top 6 positions will finish. It was surprising how easily Vettel overtook Hamilton on the first lap. I guess the Mercedes power advantage is no more?

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I enjoyed this race, although it was clear after the safety car ended plus one lap how the top 6 positions will finish. It was surprising how easily Vettel overtook Hamilton on the first lap. I guess the Mercedes power advantage is no more?
    The Ferraris seem to have a slight power advantage, but most importantly, they also have better traction out of slow corners. Put both things together and you can see how Vettel would manage to get very close to Hamilton out of La Source and then breeze past him in the Kemmel straight.