Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Pierre Gasly Promoted to Redbull Seat

Pierre Gastly has impressed immensely in his very short F1 career. Enough to be the first Redbull junior to be promoted to a senior race seat before a rookie season is completed. Redbull in 2019 will have two highly talented youngsters spearheading their efforts to remain in the sharp end of the grid. The Verstapenn - Gastly combination in really exciting. I love to see these two head to head over a full season, merely to have a better assessment of their relative strengths.

The table is turned on Verstapenn, while he was the youngster nipping at the heels of a more experienced teammate that was the benchmark to supersede, in 2019 he will be the driver with a rookie nipping at his heels.

Who would you put your money on to be ahead at the end of 2019, Verstapenn or Gastly?

Verstapenn can win races, he has proved that but makes lots of avoidable mistakes. Gastly has yet to win an F1 race but propelled a Honda shod Torro Rosso to 4th place. He appears to make less mistakes but inexperience of the senior team may be a problem.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Good for Gasly .

But , weird for me , as every time I see him , he reminds me of one of Jeff Dunham's puppets .