Page 86 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    If it's fun you're after, then fair enough, the kitchen tables will give you that, but I would rather hear them far less often and also with maybe speculation that is actually closer to what is going to happen. He literally dismissed Meeke to Toyota the day before a major UK publication declared it was going to happen. I just think he has no, or very little, insider knowledge and he's just guessing scenarios that we could all make up.
    Ofcourse I don't watch the Kitchen Table for same purposes I watch Leslie Nielsen movies for, but I somehow fail to understand how people don't get that it's one thing he knows and another he tells the World on KT. It's just the name of the game. And no, I'm not suggesting he would know every single contract as they're signed, but it's quite obvious that KT does not represent everything Colin Clark knows of.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

2. Likes: Got Mail (12th October 2018),Hartusvuori (13th October 2018),pantealex (14th October 2018)
    Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Ofcourse I don't watch the Kitchen Table for same purposes I watch Leslie Nielsen movies for, but I somehow fail to understand how people don't get that it's one thing he knows and another he tells the World on KT. It's just the name of the game. And no, I'm not suggesting he would know every single contract as they're signed, but it's quite obvious that KT does not represent everything Colin Clark knows of.
    Agreed.

And, to be fair to Colin, he has never claimed to be a journalist. He is a presenter who comes from a sponsorship background (555 / Subaru).

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    why now are you so sure?
    Well because I know for sure. Confirmed by sources within. Let's move on...

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    I'm with you! No matter what kind of press release TGR is going to publish, I probably won't believe it till I see Meeke actually posting a time on the Monte shakedown. On a Yaris that is.
    I know you'd be with Pantealex mate, considering you were willing to bet all your money that Meeke wouldn't be at Toyota next year when I suggested it back in the Rally Finland thread, 3/4 months ago

Meeke and Toyota were apparently speaking before he was dropped by Citroen anyway. So this doesn't surprise me at all, its just 3/4 months ago I would've had Jari leaving to make way for Kris, not Lappi.

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (12th October 2018),pantealex (14th October 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I know you'd be with Pantealex mate, considering you were willing to bet all your money that Meeke wouldn't be at Toyota next year when I suggested it back in the Rally Finland thread, 3/4 months ago
    Thank god the bet never materialized. Not that anyone would have made any money out of it
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: er88 (12th October 2018),pantealex (14th October 2018)
    Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    So as the Ulsterman gets a seat, the Irishman now looks to be out of one. Where next for Breen ?

M-Sport or part-time at Hyundai seem the only choices. Or could it be full-time there and Mikkelsen dropped after his poor year...

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Or could it be full-time there and Mikkelsen dropped after his poor year...
    Totally going to happen. They drop a driver under contract and replace him with one that has had even worse season.

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    I once asked Meeke (at a car launch, I knew the sponsor) if he read all the talk about him on the net. He said "no, life's too short".
    As I alluded to earlier, WRC 19 will be a good season.

On another note what has happened Mikkelsen this season? I haven't looked at the stats but he seems be having a less than satisfactory season. Does the i20 not suit him or his driving style? Or is it a team thing?
    Last edited by noel157; 13th October 2018 at 09:22.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    I once asked Meeke (at a car launch, I knew the sponsor) if he read all the talk about him on the net. He said "no, life's too short".
    As I alluded to earlier, WRC 19 will be a good season.

On another note what has happened Mikkelsen this season? I haven't looked at the stats but he seems be having a less than satisfactory season. Does the i20 not suit him or his driving style? Or is it a team thing?
    No pace on tarmac or Finland or Wales. Dropping down many times from lead with technical issues. 50/50 mismatching with the car and bad luck.

Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Totally going to happen. They drop a driver under contract and replace him with one that has had even worse season.
    With Breen it's mainly been due to bad luck, not bad performances.

Mikkelsen has been awful in the i20 - Sordo and Paddon have out-scored him in a shared car.
    #M-SPORTER

14. Likes: pantealex (14th October 2018)