Page 146 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1644
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    To give Huttunen, guy they've invested in, his first outings in the main class?
    And if they're trying to take the manufacturers championship, would it seem a smart move to replace a driver with Paddon's level of proven performance (rally winner, multiple podiums etc) with an unproven youngster who hasn't really been standing out in WRC2?

2. Likes: Grutz (28th November 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I can see that this discussion between a person from New Zealand and another from Finland is not going anywhere.

Paddon could be out of the team for getting a full season elsewhere, thus Sordo having more rallies and skipping only the ones he doesn't like. Meanwhile, Huttunen recently tested the WRC car.

Still a lot of unknowns. Hopefully we know soon.

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (28th November 2018),GravelBen (28th November 2018),pantealex (28th November 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    And if they're trying to take the manufacturers championship, would it seem a smart move to replace a driver with Paddon's level of proven performance (rally winner, multiple podiums etc) with an unproven youngster who hasn't really been standing out in WRC2?
    Maybe not purely from that point of view, but for example in a scenario where Hyundai is limited to run only three cars in all rallies, the decision to bring Huttunen in has to be done at some point. And at the cost of someone else (pending Hyundai still believes in its investment - recent news about Huttunen testing the car would make you think they still do).

As much as I'd like to see Huttunen in WRC, I really hope it won't mean that Paddon's out.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

6. Likes: GravelBen (28th November 2018)
    Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    What IF the big news about Tidemand out of Skoda means that he will be in Hyundai next year. I mean it is possible, he is way better than Huttunen for WRC seat if we compare these two.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Tidemand to M-Sport is also a possible move with him bringing some support.

9. Likes: WRC1 (28th November 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Silly Season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    What IF the big news about Tidemand out of Skoda means that he will be in Hyundai next year. I mean it is possible, he is way better than Huttunen for WRC seat if we compare these two.
    Well, it would then be just the four rounds that Sordo skips, and maybe some R5 action. But I don’t see them picking him over Paddon, or letting go of Huttunen so soon after investing in him.

Like I wrote elsewhere, maybe Citroen with a season split between WRC2Pro and some WRC drives?

Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

10 rounds for Sordo, 9 for Mikkelsen and Paddon. Tarmac rounds split between Mikkelsen and Paddon.
    I agree with something like this but maybe because of the "Super Team" of Toyota in 2019 Hyundai may now be contemplating 4 cars at all events next year. I noticed Paddon was in Korea this week and surely if he was out of the team he wouldn't be there now? So perhaps Paddon and Mikkelsen will do complete seasons and Sordo will share with Huttunen

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Mikkelsen has struggled pretty much all year with the i20 set-up. Some driver's just dont get on with some car's.

It may do him good to try elsewhere.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    What difference do they get from running 4 cars? Only 3 nominated cars collect manuf. points. OK, possibly more points for the WDC, but 1. it is very expensive 2. the season hasn`t even begun, nobody knows, where they could be next year, like Neuville had a downfall a few seasons ago 3. current top 3 is quite hard to match, and apart from Neuville, who himself is currently in the top3, his teammates are nowhere near, unless the first have issues.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 28th November 2018 at 15:45.

14. Likes: AnttiL (28th November 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    What difference do they get from running 4 cars? Only 3 nominated cars collect manuf. points. OK, possibly more points for the WDC, but 1. it is very expensive 2. the season hasn`t even begun, nobody knows, where they could be next year, like Neuville had a downfall a few seasons ago 3. current top 3 is quite hard to match, and apart from Neuville, who himself is currently in the top3, his teammates are nowhere near, unless the first have issues.
    Not entirely sure, but I guess the following may be behind it:
    They can run a driver who maybe in a learning phase still - gain experience.
    Also they have the potential to fill positions that may take WDC points off another driver.