Page 139 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1644
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Someone once told me that running a business is not primaraly about giving away cash, but who knows, I might be wrong.
    And if you can't do everything yourself, you employ people to work for you. If you don't offer reasonable pay then the best people for the job will go where they are paid and appreciated more.

2. Likes: RAS007 (24th November 2018)
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Someone once told me that running a business is not primaraly about giving away cash, but who knows, I might be wrong.
    So paying a driver a salary is "giving away cash"? I'm pretty sure you don't think that.

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Maybe they are cheap like most big companies...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    Most businesses find a way to pay the talent that keeps them relevant as a business. This was understood with Ogier, why does it seem so difficult for them to pay (much less to) other drivers?
    Ogier was an investment that was expected to give in return championships, and they got three of them in two years. And I'm sure Ogier also brought the Red Bull money into the team.

Meanwhile, investing in Tidemand wouldn't give anything in return. He would most likely have a similar season as Suninen, learning the car and the rallies, learning to drive flat out all the time like the other WRC drivers do.

I still hope he gets the chance next year. It's getting too late...
    Last edited by AnttiL; 24th November 2018 at 19:48.

6. Likes: AL14 (25th November 2018),Allez Andruet (24th November 2018),pantealex (25th November 2018),TWRC (25th November 2018),WRC1 (24th November 2018)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Ogier was an investment that was expected to give in return championships, and they got two of them in three years. And I'm sure Ogier also brought the Red Bull money into the team.

Meanwhile, investing in Tidemand wouldn't give anything in return. He would most likely have a similar season as Suninen, learning the car and the rallies, learning to drive flat out all the time like the other WRC drivers do.

I still hope he gets the chance next year. It's getting too late...
    Why do you say three years? Actually i would say that they got 3 championships in 2 years.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Why do you say three years? Actually i would say that they got 3 championships in 2 years.
    just got the numbers wrong with each other, thanks for correcting

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    So paying a driver a salary is "giving away cash"? I'm pretty sure you don't think that.
    In the case of Ogier, no it isn't, it has proved to be a sound investment. With the drivers that are available now the driver market has settled after Ogier's Citroen move, I'm not sure I would be rushing out to offer them big salaries. The one that could be an exception would be Rovanpera, if there is a chance to keep him more than 1 season (If the Toyota 2020 rumour is true).

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    I'd like everyone at WRC level to be paid handsomely. My main hope for WRC2 Pro is that it increases the money making opportunities and allows more people to make a profession out of this awe-inspiring sport. But if you're running the Bank of Malcolm Wilson, why are you paying good drivers who'd pay you for the same drive? This isn't F1 where performance really pays (and they still have pay drivers), where the difference between finishing 6th or 7th in the manufactures championship can cost a team millions of dollars in prize money, there isn't that incentive in the WRC. In the case of Tidemand, if EVEN aren't willing to pay for his learning year(s) in WRC, why would anyone else be?

We're very lucky now to have a relatively large group of very good B-Tier drivers, but that has turned what should be a buyers market into a sellers market, with even the likes of a manufacturer team like Citroen being able to ask Mads for money, which to my mind is awful and doesn't really do any favours for the rest of the B-Tier drivers.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    First M-Sport is a private business and Ford arent giving them full backing, hence Ogier left. Not for more salary but for a better chance of car development.

Secondly M.Wilson paid Ogier out of his own pocket as the business couldnt afford him. This was a one-off for Ogier. No-else was worth the gamble. (And it paid off big time).

Ford needed to back them fully to afford to pay a top driver next year. The wont so Wilson has to protect the business and the peoples jobs.

They are back to being the go-to Team for drivers with backing, as they were when Ford pulled out.

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Still Ogier is payed a way more than any other driver out there. And if Malcolm hire Suninen, Evans and maybe Breen they all three combined will not cost that much like Ogier himself. What motivation is that if they need to pay for a drive. Like you would pay for company that you could work there and not receive anything. Just silly. For me that's a cheap thinking, nothing else.