Page 131 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1644
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Anyone have any insight with Paddon/Marshall as to who parted company with whom?

If I were Seb Marshall I would really think carefully about the kind of physical risk that comes from being sat next to Kris Meeke in a very fast car. Not trying to offend the Meeke fans, just being honest. I feel that being Meeke's co-driver is a more dangerous job than being Paddon's co-driver.
    if your afraid, motorsport is not for you.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    if your afraid, motorsport is not for you.
    sonnybobiche's post had nothing to do with anybody being "afraid".
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

3. Likes: sonnybobiche (18th November 2018)
    Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Doesn't sound too positive:

https://autoaction.com.au/2018/11/13...ally-australia

Hayden Paddon’s future in the World Rally Championship remains uncertain heading into the final round, Rally Australia.

Entering his final event under his current contract with Hyundai, in which he finished on the podium last year, the Kiwi driver is still yet to confirm his plans for the 2019 season in what has been a busy driver market.

“Your guess is as good as mine, I’ve got absolutely no idea at the moment.” said Paddon when quizzed by Auto Action about his 2019 plans ahead of Rally Australia.

“It’s doubtful we’ll be doing Monte Carlo, regardless of what happens.”

“It’s now just about sitting tight and being patient, and I’m not normally a very patient person so that doesn’t help.”

“Luckily we’ve got a rally to keep us occupied in the meantime.”

5. Likes: AnttiL (14th November 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Busy market? Only option for a full drive is MSport or shared at Hyundai with Sordo...

Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    Doesn't sound too positive:
    Doesn't sound anything other than somebody remaining tight lipped until ink is dry and announcements planned.

8. Likes: pantealex (14th November 2018)
    Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Regarding Hayden, it does seem he's running out of options unfortunately. I do like your optimism Sollit about him being in a full time drive next year, but looking at the options available it seems like a share-drive with Sordo is probably his best bet. If that is actually on the table.
    The M-Sport option is a possibility, but it feels like a pay-to-drive seat, with the driver needing a multi-million dollar sponsorship package for it to happen. Paddon to my knowledge does't have that kind of backing.
    If Sordo is content with a part season, then Hayden is the one to share it.
    A part time WRC package combined with a possible Hyundai foray into the supposedly revamped 2019 APRC (with either a R5 or AP4 i20) could be his best option.

Don't quote me on the 2019 APRC, I just recently read that moves are in place to resurrect back to his higher profile of the 80/90/00s. Just thinking about his other options.
    Last edited by Maui J.; 14th November 2018 at 20:22.

10. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (15th November 2018)
    Visionary
    Optimism is hardly the correct word. I have little interest one way or the other. But I do believe that there is sufficient information already in the public domain to suggest that much of the speculation aired on these pages is incorrect and that there are more doors still open than is being portrayed.

12. Likes: sonnybobiche (18th November 2018)
    Liked 25 Times in 7 Posts
    The article mentioned Paddon wanting to be running his own team around the world in the future. I wonder whether perhaps he could be working on a deal along the lines of running as the 3rd car on events Sordo sits out, then running as a fourth car on Sordo's events? Hyundai provide the car/parts and Paddon Rallysport (and sponsors) run the car on the event itself. That could explain the delay in Sordo's announcement as presumably in such a scenario Paddon wouldn't want to do flyaway events with his own team.

Yeah, it's a silly idea, but it is silly season...

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CahunaKiwi View Post
    The article mentioned Paddon wanting to be running his own team around the world in the future. I wonder whether perhaps he could be working on a deal along the lines of running as the 3rd car on events Sordo sits out, then running as a fourth car on Sordo's events? Hyundai provide the car/parts and Paddon Rallysport (and sponsors) run the car on the event itself. That could explain the delay in Sordo's announcement as presumably in such a scenario Paddon wouldn't want to do flyaway events with his own team.

Yeah, it's a silly idea, but it is silly season...
    Not too silly. Paddon has had talks with big investors in your land. What that means for his future nobody knows... A fourth car under his own team sounds like a good idea if he can make it work.

At this rate I think he will be sharing the car with Sordo for 2019.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Probably Paddon could end up with a Petter Solberg/ Citroen Xsara situation, running an old factory car on a tight budget.
    I guess if Paddon were to run his own car on events where paddon is not allocated the WRC team car, paddon is probably going to get a slower old spec wrc or R5 to drive to make sure paddon is more likely to finish behind the official team cars. Even then one could potentially expect to see Paddon waiting on the side of the last stage to allow a hyundai team driver (that may have had problems on the event) to catch up.