Page 56 of 165 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Clark knows sh*t, and it amazes me since he is working inside the series.

those kitchen tables are a good humour for me.
    AFAIK he was (and I guess he still is) paid by the manufacturers, you can't do a proper journalistic job if you are paid by those you have to talk about.

2. Likes: Hartusvuori (3rd October 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Oups
    The public secret has been revealed.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Miika Wuorela is usually very trustworthy

https://www.facebook.com/mwmsports/p...94t3&__tn__=-R

Ace of Pace – World Rally Blog

Busy hands, slow movement

Oh, man! What an autumn it promises to be. And it has already started. Speculation is a really good thing, it keeps the minds of rally enthusiasts refreshed.

I have to admit that I am very eager to write the news among the first but there is a certain limit in everything. Perhaps I was a bit too anxious with the Toyota´s third driver. There are apparently other options too.

There is no reason yet to change my mind in front of pure cold facts. Before we have those, we may continue to throw some very wild punches.

I could say I am a big fan of Kris Meeke and to certain extent I understand the busy hands of my colleagues – especially the British writers. But I may argue a bit – in a sophisticated way.

To what question or need Kris would be an answer at Toyota? He is a flamboyant driver who has a great capability to take risks. Sometimes he succeeds, sometimes not. At Citroen, during 2018 it would have been clever to keep him in the team in all the rallies. Even if it started to be too risky and costly.

Thinking about Toyota gang. Just based on this year, it will most likely continue the same way in 2019 also. Ott Tänak is the favoured diamond in the team. JML has to settle in a supportive role unless he gets a brilliant start for 2019 and Tänak does not.

But the third car…there is no question that it needs to be driven by a trustworthy driver, rather young up-and-coming star. And sorry to say but Meeke is not an answer to any of these needs. It is only a logical thinking from my side. Feel free to have your own well-reasoned opinion – not just copying someone else.

Toyota has offered a drive for an Irishman but the name is not Meeke. It is Craig Breen. The offer is only for one year whereas Malcolm Wilson has offered 2+1 years – and most likely a vastly different position in the team. In Breen´s position I would not need to think twice.

Let´s wait and see. The game is on and soon we will know the facts. It is quite entertaining to read all the different opinions, so let´s enjoy about those as well.

5. Likes: Allez Andruet (3rd October 2018),cali (3rd October 2018),dimviii (3rd October 2018),EstWRC (3rd October 2018),juhoman (5th October 2018),pantealex (3rd October 2018),TWRC (3rd October 2018)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Difficult choice I would say.

At M-Sport he would be nr.1 but IMO he still isn’t ready for that.

At Toyota he would be third number but would have no pressure and can develop himself further and choose again at the end of 2019.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 3rd October 2018 at 12:26.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Hmm... interesting. 2+1 from Wilson to Breen sounds a bit over-generous, but what do I know. Breen to Toyota could work, especially as Breen is definitely more of the profile TGR needs than Meeke (as Wuorela nicely pointed out). Anyway, all this just underlines the not-so-well-kept secret that Lappi is heading to Citroen.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: pantealex (3rd October 2018),tomhlord (3rd October 2018)
    And wouldn't that offer from Wilson to Breen indicate that Evans is out?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    And wouldn't that offer from Wilson to Breen indicate that Evans is out?
    They have three cars. Suninen is confirmed. Still room for both Evans and Breen?

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    They have three cars. Suninen is confirmed. Still room for both Evans and Breen?
    But that would leave M-Sport with only Suninen (?) paying for his ride... After Ogier and apparent Red Bull exit, how would the financials balance out in that scenario?

12. Likes: pantealex (3rd October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    But that would leave M-Sport with only Suninen (?) paying for his ride... After Ogier and apparent Red Bull exit, how would the financials balance out in that scenario?
    What do we know about Evans, whether he's paid or paying to drive?

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    That indeed is really hard choice (if true). Still I'd pick Toyota as he is guaranteed good teammates for comparison and also very good car. Even if he is slowest in the team he should be getting podiums regularly (with retirements etc.). With Msport he might end nowhere with nobody to compare against.