Page 91 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    That would sound much more reasonable (especially if the occasional fourth car is out of question, which it very well might be). Huttunen let's say in Sweden, Finland, Wales and Australia (?) and Dani drives the rest.
    If Breen and Paddon are off to M-Sport it would make sense for Hyundai to use Evans for the events mentioned above and maybe a few others and let Dani tackle the rest. Rumor has it Dani was offered a full drive with Citroen and he turned it down. Not sure if this was before they signed Lappi or what, but it tells us Sordo is just fine doing a few events.

2. Likes: pantealex (16th October 2018),tomhlord (15th October 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    I know Rally Legend is contentious around these parts, but I found it (mildly) interesting that Meeke has some form of sponsorship from both Alpine Stars and Michelin, plus a co-driver change.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Meeke has a different co-driver sitting next to him next year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: AnttiL (15th October 2018),tomhlord (15th October 2018)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Meeke has a different co-driver sitting next to him next year.
    Think you two are reading too much into it. Think he had the same co driver on the last rally legend.

6. Likes: tomhlord (15th October 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Think you two are reading too much into it. Think he had the same co driver on the last rally legend.
    I'm not talking about Rally Legend though. I'm talking about next year.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

8. Likes: pantealex (16th October 2018)
    Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    If this is the case, then it may even be Hyundai that find themselves on the back foot.
    Toyota will have an ex msport, and an ex Citroen driver on their books with knowledge of those cars, Citroen will have an ex Toyota and ex msport driver, and msport will have an ex Citroen and ex (or possibly shared) Hyundai driver. Hyundai look like they remain with drivers, with the exception of mikkelsen with limited knowledge of a dodgy Citroen, that only know the Hyundai.
    Neuville has driven Citroën and ford, mikkelsen has driven citroen and volkswagen, sordo has driven 3 generations of citroen cars and mini.

If by now they don't know what a good car is supposed to be like, they will never know.
    Last edited by denkimi; 15th October 2018 at 22:14.

10. Likes: janvanvurpa (15th October 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I'm not talking about Rally Legend though. I'm talking about next year.
    Yes I know, but what do you base that assumption on?
    I doubt Kris wants rid of Paul, as he has made only one serious co driving error in many years.
    Does Paul want to stop co driving for Kris on the other hand, we don't know yet. Some seriously heavy shunts could possibly play on his mind, but that may be down to driving a dog of a car, he may feel more comfortable going to what seems to be the best car in the championship at the moment, but again we won't know until driver/co driver confirmation has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Neuville has driven Citroën and ford, mikkelsen has driven citroen and volkswagen, sordo has driven 3 generations of citroen cars and mini.

If by now they don't know what a good is supposed to be, they will never know.
    None of those cars are used in the wrc now, so any comparison is of no technical use whatsoever.

13. Likes: pantealex (16th October 2018),racerx1979 (16th October 2018)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    None of those cars are used in the wrc now, so any comparison is of no technical use whatsoever.

You misunderstood what he is saying..
    He says "they" referring to the people..Subject...then he continued with the verb "if they don't KNOW what good is supposed to be"

He said nothing about technical spec, rather they should KNOW--like possess knowledge---of what good is---and if they don't by this point, they never will.

Understand? Knowing something is GOOD is important even if you don't know all the details.. Knowing what is bad is also important..

And it is an absurdity of fan-based forums to suppose the majority of drivers at any elite level know how the inner workings of things actually work...there are technicians, engineers and mechanics who have the job of "knowing" the "how" of shimming inserts or setting up diffs or cam timing..

But they must KNOW when the car "works" right..they are DRIVERS
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    You misunderstood what he is saying..
    He says "they" referring to the people..Subject...then he continued with the verb "if they don't KNOW what good is supposed to be"

He said nothing about technical spec, rather they should KNOW--like possess knowledge---of what good is---and if they don't by this point, they never will.

Understand? Knowing something is GOOD is important even if you don't know all the details.. Knowing what is bad is also important..

And it is an absurdity of fan-based forums to suppose the majority of drivers at any elite level know how the inner workings of things actually work...there are technicians, engineers and mechanics who have the job of "knowing" the "how" of shimming inserts or setting up diffs or cam timing..

But they must KNOW when the car "works" right..they are DRIVERS
    Yes I understood perfectly what he said and meant.
    I know drivers are not technicians.
    But a driver can, and should, be able to understand how a car behaves, where they can eek out a few tenths under braking, cornering, acceleration etc.
    This is why I pointed out drivers with knowledge of current cars.
    Case in point. Tanak leaves msport and joins Toyota.
    Msport happened to win drivers and constructors championship last season, with the car tanak helped develope.
    It has been said that Tanak has lead to developments of the Yaris, that has moved it a little bit away from the liking of Latvala/Lappi.
    Funnily enough, Toyota are, at the moment, leading the Manus championship.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    M-Sport with:
    Breen
    Paddon
    Suninen ???
    Yep, that would be great, but without a major sponsor it’s easier to believe it’ll be Paddon or Breen, rather than both, alongside Suninen. Plus paying drivers (including Block) rotating on a 3rd car.

Btw, what about Abu Dhabi? Will they continue with Citroen, move to another team or pull out from the series?
    Last edited by Rally Power; 15th October 2018 at 23:59.
    Rally addict since 1982