Page 80 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    To me Paddon looked like he was driving for a finish in WRGB, same as in Turkey. He never looked like he was pushing like the others anywhere I saw him, or like he has done in the past. I would assume that after the crash he had while leading the team may have told him he needs to be in a position to score point for the team should one of the other two have an issue.
    In Turkey definitely Paddon was playing it safe and it paid off. And in Sardegna he said he was taking it easy because he was still affected by the Portugal injuries.

Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    Speaking of which how will ogier fair as a development driver to develop the c3? Has he done any before. I know with the polo but was that not largely carried out by sainz? Just could be interesting
    If I remember well, there was a story that when he came in to the VW team, he proposed very different development ideas to Sainz's, and the argument was settled when Latvala came in and said that Ogier is right. Also, he was involved in the DS3 development before too. We will see.

3. Likes: EstWRC (11th October 2018),pantealex (11th October 2018)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    well he is a five time champion, of course he is a good developer.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

5. Likes: cali (11th October 2018),pantealex (11th October 2018),Timmy (11th October 2018),WRC1 (11th October 2018)
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyRally View Post
    You think, Meeke will beat Ogier on a regular basis? Citroen is a very good and fast car. Loeb just tested it a littlebit, made some small changes an were winning stages in MEX. Still don't understand why the other Citroen drivers were so bad at car development.
    Perhaps if you understood how any technical improvements suggested by Meeke (and Breen) were generally ignored or they were told there was no budget for what was being suggested you would understand. Up to you.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (11th October 2018),er88 (11th October 2018)
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    One thing I am looking forward to is Meeke being interviewed at stage end and he's smiling, basically saying "I'm getting paid for this! Can you believe it?"
    Most of the interviews during RGB the drivers were mostly as miserable as sin, especially Lappi. Hopefully Lappi will be a lot happier in a C3.

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (11th October 2018)
    Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157 View Post
    One thing I am looking forward to is Meeke being interviewed at stage end and he's smiling, basically saying "I'm getting paid for this! Can you believe it?"
    Most of the interviews during RGB the drivers were mostly as miserable as sin, especially Lappi. Hopefully Lappi will be a lot happier in a C3.
    In my opinion Lappi needs a good `slapped arse`! Can't see him cutting it, even with Ogier as his number 1. Needs to grow up!

11. Likes: EstWRC (11th October 2018),steve.mandzij (11th October 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    13 stage wins and a 2nd place. Wilson has not even come close to that in his entire career.

Ogier was prone to accidents and faults in his first full season, but he was not slow like wilson.
    I am not saying Ogier was as slow as Wilson, but he was slowest of the "normal" factory cars and on points even lower than Wilson. And this was alright for Citroen in his first full season, next season he was faster...

My point was the contrast to today when drivers are expected to mix in on the top basically from the very start. Compared to Ogier's first season, Lappi s doing extremely well this year.

---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    1x 3rd, 2x 4th, 1x 5th, 1x 7th and 1x crashed out while leading.

I'd say those results aren't bad at all for a guy who has only been given half the seat time considering how tight the competition has been.
    Seemed like he had more speed to offer in Finland too if the team hadn't needed him to play it safe for points with Neuville and Mikkelsen out of contention.
    Paddon has been the slowest I20 in 4 rallies, fastest in 1. Portugal is hard to judge with only some road-cleaning stages.

Yes there could have been teamorders on some rallies. But I doubt they were "be slow", more like "make it to the finish". I also doubt they do teamorders before the rally, more likely after friday or after first section.

Anyway why would Toyota hire him?
    - Certainly not for speed/ fighting for wins, cause he has not shown that for quite long
    - With the reliability he has this year (compared with last) he could be a "points scorer", but can he be that on tarmac rallies?

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
    Is this just your mate's idea, or is your friend somehow connected to M-Sport?
    No, he's just a very knowledgable rally fan.

On the subject, at the rally forum M.Wilson seemed to suggest he may personally retire. But that doesnt mean the team will pull out...

His son Matt was at the SP with Red Bull TV and very into what was going on at the M-Sport service area. Maybe he could take over ?

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

15. Likes: BigWorm (11th October 2018),pantealex (11th October 2018),tr4m (11th October 2018),TWRC (11th October 2018)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Brilliant. It only took one day for it to start.

17. Likes: EstWRC (11th October 2018),Rally Power (11th October 2018),TWRC (11th October 2018)