Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
13 stage wins and a 2nd place. Wilson has not even come close to that in his entire career.

Ogier was prone to accidents and faults in his first full season, but he was not slow like wilson.
I am not saying Ogier was as slow as Wilson, but he was slowest of the "normal" factory cars and on points even lower than Wilson. And this was alright for Citroen in his first full season, next season he was faster...

My point was the contrast to today when drivers are expected to mix in on the top basically from the very start. Compared to Ogier's first season, Lappi s doing extremely well this year.

---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
1x 3rd, 2x 4th, 1x 5th, 1x 7th and 1x crashed out while leading.

I'd say those results aren't bad at all for a guy who has only been given half the seat time considering how tight the competition has been.
Seemed like he had more speed to offer in Finland too if the team hadn't needed him to play it safe for points with Neuville and Mikkelsen out of contention.
Paddon has been the slowest I20 in 4 rallies, fastest in 1. Portugal is hard to judge with only some road-cleaning stages.

Yes there could have been teamorders on some rallies. But I doubt they were "be slow", more like "make it to the finish". I also doubt they do teamorders before the rally, more likely after friday or after first section.

Anyway why would Toyota hire him?
- Certainly not for speed/ fighting for wins, cause he has not shown that for quite long
- With the reliability he has this year (compared with last) he could be a "points scorer", but can he be that on tarmac rallies?