Page 130 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1644
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Anyone have any insight with Paddon/Marshall as to who parted company with whom?

If I were Seb Marshall I would really think carefully about the kind of physical risk that comes from being sat next to Kris Meeke in a very fast car. Not trying to offend the Meeke fans, just being honest. I feel that being Meeke's co-driver is a more dangerous job than being Paddon's co-driver.

2. Likes: MentalParadox (17th November 2018),steve.mandzij (12th November 2018)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Well nobody actually involved has confirmed it at all as far as I know, so it might still just be speculation.

That said, if Seb had a good offer for a full season with Kris at Toyota and Hyundai were only offering a part season with Hayden I can understand him taking it.

4. Likes: pantealex (12th November 2018),tomhlord (12th November 2018)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Anyone have any insight with Paddon/Marshall as to who parted company with whom?

If I were Seb Marshall I would really think carefully about the kind of physical risk that comes from being sat next to Kris Meeke in a very fast car. Not trying to offend the Meeke fans, just being honest. I feel that being Meeke's co-driver is a more dangerous job than being Paddon's co-driver.
    It's Motorsport, all drivers/co drivers know the risks.
    If we can believe what Kris has said, in the interview that has been posted on here, that his instruction was to go out and win, in a car that had an inherent design fault, then I believe he will be no more of a risk in the Toyota.
    Makinen is not an idiot, he's been there before. He won't be telling his driver's to win at all costs, and the Toyota appears to be more predictable in its handling characteristics than the C3 is, or was.
    I understand your concerns, but I think Kris' situation has changed enough for those concerns to be reduced.

However, having said that, I refer back to the first line of my post. Could happen to anyone.
    Last edited by Norm75; 12th November 2018 at 11:03.

6. Likes: er88 (12th November 2018),T16 (12th November 2018),tommeke_B (12th November 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post

Paddon had a pretty serious accident in Portugal...the Sardegna 2017 one must have also been pretty bad.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    If we can believe what Kris has said, in the interview that has been posted on here, that his instruction was to go out and win, in a car that had an inherent design fault, then I believe he will be no more of a risk in the Toyota.
    In Portugal Meeke was P7 when he crashed and last year huge roll in Argentina took place in Super Rally mode. Some minor off’s also happened when he wasn’t fighting for the wins.

Hopefully, not being Toyota’s leading driver nor responsible for the Yaris development will help him taking pressure off, but we shouldn’t forget his error prone driving started a long way before the C3.
    Rally addict since 1982

9. Likes: sonnybobiche (18th November 2018)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Some codrivers are just a bit crazy. Say for example those sitting next to Novikov after all the crashes that happened cause he just didn't listen.

11. Likes: cali (13th November 2018),WRC1 (12th November 2018)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Trying to think of some possible factors from Sebs POV why he'd join Meeke;

Probably more chance of wins with Meeke.
    Better pay and full season.
    British driver (if that is even relevant)
    And if Hayden was to get a full season at Msport, then Seb would be at a full manufacturer team vs a private outfit if he joined Meeke.
    Relationship with Paddon might not be the best?

Reasons to stay with Paddon;

Already know each other and have built up an existing relationship. Would be easier choice to stay put.
    Paddon is younger, so could have a lot longer in the sport if he can kick on.
    Paddon doesn't crash as much as Meeke.

Purely speculative. Also it's possible Seb was going to be replaced further down the line by Paddon anyway, but I doubt it at this stage.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    I think that Breen and partly Citroen 3rd car is not possible. Breen told that he would drive a WRC next year earlier than Ogier sign Citoren and Peugueot dropped WRX and let Loeb free. In first Citroen plans it still 2 car 2019 year, and both seats was signed. And Breen on that time have some contract/agreement for 2019 season. Probably with M-Sport.

So 3rd car for Citroen could be Loeb/Ostberg/AlQasimi

14. Likes: Rally Power (13th November 2018)
    Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Trying to think of some possible factors from Sebs POV why he'd join Meeke;
    You're over complicating the matter. The man was offered a programme by Meeke at a time when there was nothing certain from Paddon.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post

So 3rd car for Citroen could be Loeb/Ostberg/AlQasimi
    There is another alternative that nobody has mentioned yet but wouldn't be a complete surprise.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.