Page 53 of 165 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Silly Season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    So no Lappi deal for Citroën in 2019
    No, more like ”Craig and Mads not anymore in 2019”

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (1st October 2018),racerx1979 (1st October 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Talking about silly season, it's obvious we all got it wrong regarding Lappi's next assignment. Instead of signing with either Toyota or Citroen, he seems to be heading to a Finnish bakery, in the role of an export manager.

https://twitter.com/EsapekkaLappi/st...25971498463238

EP.JPG
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

4. Likes: GravelBen (1st October 2018),pantealex (1st October 2018)
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Anybody remember Latvala saying in Turkey that we will definitely hear news of where he will be next year before Wales Rally GB ?

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    With just two more WRC events this season after Wales Rally GB, there’s plenty of attention on which drivers will be with which WRC teams in 2019. Paddon and Marshall maintain their focus on finishing the year with the best possible results but are naturally involved in the process. “Discussions have started in the background and we are sure more will become apparent in the coming weeks. We have options and that is the most important thing for now.”

https://alittlebitsideways.co.nz/pad...ency-in-wales/

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Colin Clark's take on current situation for those who haven't heard it yet:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv_z...ature=youtu.be

- Praises Budar

I totally agree with that, compared to Matton so far he seems to have fixed most of C3 issues and got Ogier to join (Loeb's performance probably also helped with that). Compare that with Matton taking year off and coming back with both car and driver (Lefevbre for sure) issues while not picking any of the 3 VW drivers. Didn't look like kicking Meeke was his decision, but maybe he used it to argue that he needs funds for Ogier if they force him to kick Meeke.

- He thinks it's risky that Lappi will not be satisfied as 2nd driver at Citroen and says as Ogier he would prefer Breen over Lappi.

That's imo kinda surprising, even to the point when I would call that UK journalist bias.

- Clark sees Meeke as possible at Msport and says rumors say he is willing to drive for free. Mentions also the Toyota rumor but doesn't seem to believe it that much.

- Thinks Hyundai stays the same.
    Last edited by mknight; 1st October 2018 at 23:17.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    I think the free drive was for this year not next year...

9. Likes: er88 (2nd October 2018),tomhlord (2nd October 2018),TWRC (2nd October 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Is Hyundai still going with Sordo and Paddon sharing the same car? I think it is not ideal to do that another year, hope they will take a definitive decision.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Maybe they take Mikkelsen into rotation as well? However, all three are good on technical gravel rallies, only Sordo has pace on tarmac (and tends to crash)

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Don't think they will rotate 3 drivers.

Yes Sordo is fastest on tarmac but last year crashed out in 2 of 4 tarmac rallies, this year 2/3. Not much points from that.

IMO they really need to focus on fixing the car on tarmac. Mikkelsen struggles most relative to C3/Polo, but Neuville and Sordo are also down 2-3 places in tarmac pace compared with last year.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Last year Citroën negotiated with Ogier about a possible transfer. But then without success. "At that time, Ford seemed motivated and wanted to help us, but I was a little disappointed on this issue, and the anticipated support was not yet available and continued under these conditions was not possible for me," said Sébastien Ogier.

Ogier tried to push the Ford concern: "I gave the Ford an ultimatum: Either we get official factory support, or there's a chance we can decide for an alternative." But no changes have been made to the Ford, so the French has accepted the Citroën offer. "I was sorry to leave Malcolm Wilson and his M-Sport because it was not their fault, but they did everything but Ford did not add."

Meanwhile, the conditions at Citroën have changed significantly - the team picked up as its boss, Pierre Budar. Since January, the team seems to have stabilized. The French driver has a much better relationship with Budar than his predecessor, Yves Matton: "That was one of the reasons that helped me make the decision," the rider agrees.

919/5000
    Another important point was the improvement of the Citroën C3 WRC. Ogier did not just track the results, but a secret test was also organized to test Seb's car. "If he is able to drive at least in a front-run competition, you have the impression that he has the potential, but it is clear that it was important to seduce him, and in the test I made an idea and supported my thoughts of trying this adventure."

Ogier had previously revealed that his next contract would be the last one in the WRC. Citroën, the five-time world champion, will be running in the 2019 and 2020 seasons. "To commit to such a project only a year would be a mistake," says Ogier, who wants to achieve what Juhu Kankunen has done. "The idea of winning the title in the cars of three different brands is great and it motivates me. It would be a great way to end my career."

https://rallyzone.autoroad.cz/ze-sve...ri-do-citroenu

14. Likes: the sniper (2nd October 2018)