Page 36 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Liked 642 Times in 344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    - Neither Latvala nor Lappi have been announced as signed for Toyota next year and it's becoming relatively late in the usual signing season.
    Neither has anyone else except Tanak and Neuville. When Ogier makes his move, rest of the pieces will fall in. Until then, every driver and every team are preparing multiple solutions to as many possible permutations as they possibly can. And that is the only fact, even Latvala's generic there'll be changes is just statement of affairs in general, I believe.

2. Likes: pantealex (23rd September 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Mikkelsen also has a deal for next year at Hyundai.

Latvala and Suninen are confirmed to drive full seasons next year.

Rovanperä is confirmed to stay at Skoda.

4. Likes: pantealex (23rd September 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    What turbulance? So far everything I've seen is fiction created by media or fans.
    Yep, lot’s of fiction and rumours, as usual on a silly season; but if Latvala already has a contract whoudn't it be simple having Makinen announce it? And Lappi situation doesn't seem to be just a rumour; even Makinen revealed it wasn’t granted he would continue. That’s why it makes sense to talk about turbulence; especially once everyone was expecting Toyota would easily keep the current line-up.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: AnttiL (22nd September 2018)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Yep, lot’s of fiction and rumours, as usual on a silly season; but if Latvala already has a contract whoudn't it be simple having Makinen announce it?
    Maybe they just realise they can get much more publicity mileage by leaving people guessing for longer even if it is already decided.

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (23rd September 2018),pantealex (23rd September 2018)
    Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    and there is still plenty of time before the end of year for someone to slip in the shower or have a mountain bike accident to alter plans( not that I wish ill fortune to happen to anyone)

These contracts are complicated and probably Toyota for example wants to announce the whole lineup at once, thus Latvala’s contract would be hidden now

11. Likes: pantealex (23rd September 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    These contracts are complicated and probably Toyota for example wants to announce the whole lineup at once, thus Latvala’s contract would be hidden now
    Exactly. And I'm pretty sure Tommi has no say regarding when the line-up will be announced. Toyota is such a massive corporation that most likely the timing of every single press release / public announcement is managed more or less centrally by HQ.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

13. Likes: AnttiL (23rd September 2018),pantealex (23rd September 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    The only question currently for Toyota is Lappi. Apparently when Toyota guys went to TMG in Germany, Lappi went to have talks with Citroen. Tommi is aware of this and they are now playing the same game as Lappi.

Lappi wants more money (as would anyone else in his position) and Toyota is playing hardball as well by being open about speaking to Meeke or bringing in Huttunen. I think Lappi has put the team in a difficult position since he actually is a good choice overall if you ask me...

15. Likes: pantealex (24th September 2018)
    Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    The only question currently for Toyota is Lappi. Apparently when Toyota guys went to TMG in Germany, Lappi went to have talks with Citroen. Tommi is aware of this and they are now playing the same game as Lappi.

Lappi wants more money (as would anyone else in his position) and Toyota is playing hardball as well by being open about speaking to Meeke or bringing in Huttunen. I think Lappi has put the team in a difficult position since he actually is a good choice overall if you ask me...
    Do you think it's Toyota playing hardball here? Its really hard, neigh impossible, to think that Toyota would consider seriously to bring Huttunen in, and Lappi would know that. Tommi may want Meeke but do Toyota want him?
    Who knows what is really happening behind the scenes but we do know that what we see in public is only what we are intended to see.

Lappi is a great choice for Toyota and Toyota is a great choice for Lappi. The team is based in his home country and Toyota obviously have a passion for rallying. It seems a bit wide of the mark to think Lappi would move to Citroen purely for money.
    Last edited by OHL; 24th September 2018 at 14:54.

17. Likes: jonkka (24th September 2018),pantealex (24th September 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Apparently when Toyota guys went to TMG in Germany, Lappi went to have talks with Citroen.
    He went home because his second child had been just born.

But still, I believe he’s out of the team.

19. Likes: dimviii (24th September 2018),tomhlord (24th September 2018)