Page 76 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,787 Times in 1,978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Mknight, I think you should leave the spreadsheets alone tbh.

Everyone knows Evans is in the same boat regarding how he compares to Ogier, just on an even greater scale. However Evans has never been on Ogier's level, whereas Paddon and Mikkelsen had been on Neuville's level in the past or had been/seemed to be better at times. How times have changed now though...

That's why I said they've both been smashed to pieces by Thierry. They look beaten and lost at times. What the Belgian has done in making them both look pretty ordinary in the same machinery is impressive
    You got only part of the point with the statistics.(that Evans is much worse than Ogier). I am not trying to say that Neuville isn't much better in same car than Paddon and Mikkelsen. What I tried to illustrate was that Latvala and Lappi are about as bad relative to Tänak as those at Hyundai relative to Neuville. (though it's still early for Lappi).

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You got only part of the point with the statistics.(that Evans is much worse than Ogier). I am not trying to say that Neuville isn't much better in same car than Paddon and Mikkelsen. What I tried to illustrate was that Latvala and Lappi are about as bad relative to Tänak as those at Hyundai relative to Neuville. (though it's still early for Lappi).
    Put Paddon to drive through the tarmac rallies and his average drops. Same for Sordo in the fast rallies.

3. Likes: EstWRC (10th October 2018),pantealex (10th October 2018)
    Liked 3,787 Times in 1,978 Posts
    Meeke in Toyota is indeed good news for multiple reasons.

As Rally Power says without pressure maybe there is hope for more stable results. I somehow doubt he can change much at this point, but Toyota (money) and Tommi (boss) can take the occaisonal crashes without risking the future of the team and their position in championship.
    In either case, entertainment is guaranteed.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    That fact then, plus extra money on offer at Citroen is probably what has made Lappi jump ship then.

Would it be fair to say Tanak has scared Lappi away?

Or is there just more behind the scenes issues that have resulted in Lappi moving on?

It really doesn't seem like Makinen is too bothered either. They could afford to keep Lappi if they desperately wanted to, but both Makinen and Lappi seem to want to look elsewhere. Makinen sounded like he wanted Meeke as soon as he was dumped by Citroen.

Quote Originally Posted by gheeD View Post
    I'm going to hope its not the truth and wait for official confirmation for Toyota lineup.
    If the BBC are reporting it then it's done.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    who have been Meekes teammates so far? Sordo, Ostberg and Breen come to my mind.

Hoe did he do against Sordo on Mini days?
    Was teammate to Sordo in 2011, Sordo grabbed a couple podiums on tarmac (nearly won in Alsace). Meeke did okay in the rallies he finished (4th in Wales was his best), but other times he was off the road.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    nice news,kudos to Makkinen,definetely Meeke its a plus to wrc series.

9. Likes: BobJones (10th October 2018)
    Liked 12,181 Times in 5,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Was teammate to Sordo in 2011, Sordo grabbed a couple podiums on tarmac (nearly won in Alsace). Meeke did okay in the rallies he finished (4th in Wales was his best), but other times he was off the road.
    So he is facing the strongest teammates he has ever had.

I imagine him being quite frustrated if he SHOULD be the slowest of them quite often.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    To be honest, I'm quite surprised and a little sad to see the Finn leaving the Finnish team, but as mentioned before there must have been some ugly behind the scenes reasoning for Lappi leaving.

Makinen might be a little blinded by his own excitement by taking Meeke but it's exciting to see him come back, if only for a year. I don't think he'll challenge for the championship, but it'll be exciting come Finland, when the team is composed solely of Finland winners!

If Meeke falls into the Tanak role of winning almost every rally, it might even be good for Latvala's title hopes to lay back and collect the points for the team.

So;

Toyota; Tanak, JML, Meeke

Hyundai; Neuville, Mikkelsen, Sordo, Paddon?

Citroen; Ogier, Lappi, Ostberg? (If he brings big funds)

Msport; Suninen, Breen?, Paddon?, Evans?, Ostberg?

Drivers without question mark beside them are nailed on or pretty much confirmed. Msport have a lot of potential options but no real winner now Meeke has gone to Toyota. Talk of Breen and Paddon having options to go there would leave Evans in trouble. Still a lot of moves to be done in this silly season