Page 147 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1644
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    To me the latest announcement from Skoda regarding Tidemand not continuing and wishing him luck for next year seems to indicate that he is going somewhere specific next year not just out of Skoda, could be any of the 3 teams with free seats. Then there's Breen/Sordo/Ostberg/Paddon/Evans so that's potentially 6 drivers. I'm assuming Mikkelsen's contract assures him to drive all rounds but maybe not?

We only know for sure Hyundai will run 3 cars on all rallies. Maybe more but that's not certain. Citroen say they are thinking about it and MSport are saying nothing yet. Worst case is Citroen and MSport run just 2 full time cars and Hyundai 3 so that's just 2 full season seats available, I hope it won't be this, its much more interesting when the field has depth. Even if the worst case doesn't happen and there are more, some of those drivers will be left out and not all of them will have full season drives.

I think we may have to wait a bit to get a better picture, probably the budgets for next year aren't decided yet for the manufacturers and MSport i think depends a lot on what sponsors they get or budget of potential drivers who may themselves depend on sponsors and so on. So yeah it may drag on a bit. It may not even be clear by Monte who will drive what car for the full season. The thing is the main players have been decided already and of the drivers that are left there is no one who stands out enough either as an established star or a future prospect. Probably Sordo and/or Ostberg would be attractive for a manufacturer that wants to win the constructors championship as a "safe" 3rd driver.

2. Likes: WRC1 (28th November 2018)
    Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    But I don’t see them picking him over Paddon
    Hyundai said that they would be happy if this lineup from current season would stay for the next too. So that means Paddon got an offer from them but probably only half a season. And if he is seeking for a full time drive then he is the one that he wants to go elsewhere, not that Hyundai would pick someone else over him. Sure they are talking to others too if Paddon will go and Sordo doesn't want full season. By my personal view first persons that can fill the spot is Breen or Ostberg but just 4 rounds for them two is simply just a joke... So then there is lower class and who is better. Pontus or Huttunen? And Huttunen got a few occasions and showed nothing really impressive. So put him in a 4 rounds which is a lot for a driver who is not ready even for a WRC2 wins or a regular podiums is a big no no. I'm not saying that they need to put Tidemand in all 4 remaining rounds but choosing Huttunen over him is a bit silly. Maybe each one 2 rounds and then they would see where they are.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    https://as.com/motor/2018/11/28/mas_...o_rsoc=comp_tw Sordo to have 10 rallies next year at Hyundai. All except Sweden, Finland, Wales and Australia.
    Believing that’s Sordo real programme, those remaining 4 events aren’t Paddon favourites? I believe Nandan said he’d get something for Paddon and 4 WRC events alongside a WRC2 Pro campaign could be it, especially if Mikkelsen contract grants him a full season.

Btw, it’d be great having Huttunen driving the WRC car a couple of times, but if they're serious about manus title they should run him as a 4th driver.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    https://as.com/motor/2018/11/28/mas_...o_rsoc=comp_tw

Sordo to have 10 rallies next year at Hyundai. All except Sweden, Finland, Wales and Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Believing that’s Sordo real programme, those remaining 4 events aren’t Paddon favourites?
    Finland and Australia would be his favourite WRC rounds I think. He's often been the best Hyundai driver in Finland, and usually does well in Sweden too. Hasn't typically had great results in Wales though. I don't think they would only give him 4 rallies anyway, if he's there it should be for more than that.

6. Likes: Rally Power (28th November 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, if they would give Mikkelsen, Sordo and Paddon each 10 events, they would need two starts with the fourth car...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Finland and Australia would be his favourite WRC rounds I think. He's often been the best Hyundai driver in Finland, and usually does well in Sweden too. Hasn't typically had great results in Wales though. I don't think they would only give him 4 rallies anyway, if he's there it should be for more than that.
    Paddon is also good in Argentina, Sardegna and Portugal. Conversely, I don't remember him ever being remarkably fast in Wales or Finland.

Breen to Hyundai? At the end of Autosport piece about Loeb it was said Breen was in talks with MSport and Hyundai; some spanish sites are now telling he may share the 3rd i20 with Sordo…
    http://www.revistascratch.com/wrc/no...ni-sordo-47591
    Rally addict since 1982

On 3 events? Or taking away promised 3 rounds from a solid points scorer and once again maybe loose the championship?

[QUOTE=Tarmop;1201286]On 3 events? /QUOTE]

The piece doesn't confirm Sordo will make 10 events; it sugests it'll be an evely share, like this year.

Btw, Clark is also making a wild guess about Loeb in Hyundai on Twitter…
    Rally addict since 1982

12. Likes: WRC1 (3rd December 2018)
    Loeb has some logic in it, they are a bit present in WRX...

14. Likes: pantealex (3rd December 2018)