Page 75 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    Think the relationship that Tommi had with Colin has a lot to do with this decision. Yes its a massive risk on the face of it however think Tommi will give Kris the tools and the mentoring to do the job. Finland in 2019 is going to be fast!
    It may have something to do with UK / European marketing too. These guys are here to sell cars. Sure, he's a rally winner, he probably came fairly cheap too, but he's also very marketable.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Also being reported on BBC website about Meeke to Toyota

3. Likes: Rally Power (10th October 2018)
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    I'm going to hope its not the truth and wait for official confirmation for Toyota lineup.

5. Likes: pantealex (10th October 2018)
    Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    IF this is true, then it must be Breen to M-Sport.
    As I predicted after the rally forum attended by Breen and M.Wilson.

Breen's family does have some money which helped him get into the sport following his father. Maybe this plus a sponsor to pay his wages (RB?) could get him into a drive...

Maybe the same as Evans... he gets a wage from his dad's Ford dealership plus RB sponsorship.

If Ford stay and MW doesnt need to pay big Ogier wages then M-Sport could still stay in the WRC.

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

Breen's family does have some money which helped him get into the sport following his father. Maybe this plus a sponsor to pay his wages (RB?) could get him into a drive...

Maybe the same as Evans... he gets a wage from his dad's Ford dealership plus RB sponsorship.

If Ford stay and MW doesnt need to pay big Ogier wages then M-Sport could still stay in the WRC.
    Surely Red Bull are gone. If I were Malcolm I think I'd have tried to roll out some excellent hospitality for Spain and in connection with Block being there, tried to entice the likes of Monster Energy, Sonax or even Ford Performance (USA) to attend and get onboard with the WRC... They'd be a perfect partner for a 'youth' team of Sunninen, Breen, Evans/Tiedemans and occasional Block! Easier said than done though I suppose.

As for Meeke, it doesn't really surprise me that he fits into the picture at Toyota. More so than with Hyundai or Citroen, Toyota in the WRC seems to be much more of a passion project for the organisation, particularly pushed by Akio Toyoda. The whole "Gazoo" thing, backing Tommi in the first place with his 'village team' project over TMG. To me Meeke's character fits perfectly here. Plus, he's getting on a bit. This could be a one year deal, a nice final dance for Meeke, leaving the door open nicely for Kalle to come in 2020...

8. Likes: er88 (10th October 2018),sonnybobiche (10th October 2018),steve.mandzij (10th October 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

The latter seems to be pretty big IF at the moment. I don't know what the financial input from Ford has been during the past few years when they haven't been in WRC as an official works team, but probably they've covered some of the expenses anyway. If that is about to change, and I don't want to sound disrespectful by any means, but I'm not sure if any wage from any Ford dealership or any money from Breen family is enough to compensate that. If Ford is out, together with RB as a title sponsor, I'd guess we're talking about money around the magnitude of 10M€+ which might be too much to overcome for these fellas. That would probably require some of that Abu Dhabi money...
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

10. Likes: sonnybobiche (11th October 2018),tomhlord (10th October 2018)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Anybody with some connections in the rally world, on a local or international level, knows that often you get some news but you are supposed to not spread it. So even journalist don't always tell the complete truth, I'm sure they often know more then they tell and know it earlier too.
    I understand this, but why to spread some total BS? He has provided us information which is far away from the real situation.

Liked 299 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Finally Kris found a good team with a good place!
    Totally happy for him!

And fck Citroen now! Team moaning team with moaning drivers... perfect underdog!

You WILL see Meeke will crash next year with the Toyota too

13. Likes: sonnybobiche (10th October 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Great news; for Meeke, for the WRC and for Toyota. Without the pressure of being a leading driver or a car developer, Meeke can focus only on his driving and hopefully he’ll manage to deliver some good results.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    And fck Citroen now! Team moaning team with moaning drivers... perfect underdog!
    Don’t be stupid. Meeke owes a large part of his career to Peugeot/Citroen and despite the troubled times what matters now is to have Citroen and Meeke doing well again in the WRC. Fingers crossed for both.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Or maybe they're doing it on purpose now?
    Come on…Clark was just guessing, like many other journos are most of the time (this said, I really hope Evans is right on this Meeke scoop).
    Last edited by Rally Power; 10th October 2018 at 15:26.
    Rally addict since 1982

15. Likes: AnttiL (10th October 2018),OnlyRally (10th October 2018)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    who have been Meekes teammates so far? Sordo, Ostberg and Breen come to my mind.

Hoe did he do against Sordo on Mini days?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -