Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1644
    Liked 97 Times in 46 Posts
    Comments to earlier sponsor related discussion. Microsoft is more like tech partner for Toyota (WRC and before in F1), there is even Toyota WRC (sales)films made how the partnership benefits both parties. Qatar I just forgot, but based to quick look of few older WRC photos, it really seems that previous non-automotive related sponsors were Marlboro with Peugeot in '05, '04 (and with Mitzubishi before that) and Movistar Telefonica (linked to Sainz) with Citroën and Ford, so quite a while ago. Might there be rules nowadays in WRC (like in F1) that all cars in the team must have a same outlook?

What comes to Katsuta, I would have thought that Toyota would have been more interested about his success in Rally Japan 2020 which would have meant 2019 calendar for him more like a Monte, Tour de Corse, Germany and Catalonia.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Japé View Post
    Comments to earlier sponsor related discussion. Microsoft is more like tech partner for Toyota (WRC and before in F1), there is even Toyota WRC (sales)films made how the partnership benefits both parties. Qatar I just forgot, but based to quick look of few older WRC photos, it really seems that previous non-automotive related sponsors were Marlboro with Peugeot in '05, '04 (and with Mitzubishi before that) and Movistar Telefonica (linked to Sainz) with Citroën and Ford, so quite a while ago. Might there be rules nowadays in WRC (like in F1) that all cars in the team must have a same outlook?.
    RedBull, DMG Mori, Monster, Certina, Abu Dhabi, Jipocar, Stobart, DC, Tools, EuroLoto, Mentos etc. are certainly not automotive branches and they were or still are active in WRC.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    No (probably), Evans was an official M-Sport driver last year in a DMack coloured car.

Mirek, it was about title/main sponsors, none of them are that for a works team. Some are sponsors/owned by privateers etc.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 1st November 2018 at 16:41.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.rallit.fi/citroenin-wrc-...i-mm-kaudeksi/

Pierre Budar says they will have Red Bull sponsorship next year, but Abu Dhabi is still under negotiations. Budar says he would like to have both.

He also says their main target for 2019 will be drivers championship, and that having Loeb in the third car won't be a money issue
    I heard Loeb was and has been getting a salary through PSA even when he is not participating in any form of Motorsport. With that being said he would have to get paid a good amount of money to leave and do a drive for MSport.

5. Likes: TWRC (1st November 2018)
    Liked 560 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.rallit.fi/citroenin-wrc-...i-mm-kaudeksi/

Pierre Budar says they will have Red Bull sponsorship next year, but Abu Dhabi is still under negotiations. Budar says he would like to have both.

He also says their main target for 2019 will be drivers championship, and that having Loeb in the third car won't be a money issue
    So maybe 2 cars will have Red Bull colors, and the 3rd Abu Dhabi?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    No (probably), Evans was an official M-Sport driver last year in a DMack coloured car.

Mirek, it was about title/main sponsors, none of them are that for a works team. Some are sponsors/owned by privateers etc.
    Abu Dhabi was title sponsor of Citroën, RedBull Škoda in 2006 and a main sponsor of VW 2013-2016, Stobart was an owner of a semi-works team, DMG Mori is the second biggest sponsor of Toyota, not a title sponsor but a big one.

I also forgot Gauloisses as a main sponsor of Kronos/Citroën in 2006.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: pantealex (4th November 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    I still stand in my silly season prediction that AD goes over to M-Sport

10. Likes: racerx1979 (1st November 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    I heard Loeb was and has been getting a salary through PSA even when he is not participating in any form of Motorsport.
    Not to be an a-hole, but when Loeb hasn't been involved in any form of motorsport?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

12. Likes: EstWRC (1st November 2018),pantealex (4th November 2018),racerx1979 (1st November 2018),TypeR (2nd November 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Not to be an a-hole, but when Loeb hasn't been involved in any form of motorsport?
    rarely ..lol

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    Whatever the way, I hope Abu Dhabi will manage to continue; it’d be strange to see them leaving when, for the first time, they have a serious chance to get a title with Citroen.
    Last edited by Rally Power; 1st November 2018 at 19:44.
    Rally addict since 1982