Page 33 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Why not Breen to Toyota if Lappi leaves? A swop. And both happy?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: cali (20th September 2018),pantealex (21st September 2018)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Well there would for sure be drama.

Drama as he crashes/wins.

Drama from his fanboys claiming how he "has to overdrive the car" (like he did with previous 3 cars).
    will you say the same of ogier doesnt master the c3?

4. Likes: cancan (21st September 2018)
    Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Well there would for sure be drama.

Drama as he crashes/wins.

Drama from his fanboys claiming how he "has to overdrive the car" (like he did with previous 3 cars).
    Maybe the thinking would be that with the Tanak & Latvala that they could afford a "maverick" in the 3rd car that could bring a few wins, even if he does stack it a few times also. If, and its a big if, he could win a few events they might see that as someone stopping a Neuville or Ogier winning that particular rally, and thus a help to Tanak towards Championship.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    The question is if that would actually be better for manu champ and worse for driver. Bad for driver championship because there would be no telling when he would charge for win. And it's quite sure he won't settle for 2-3rd or react well to team orders.

But for manu + PR it could be good.
    Last edited by mknight; 20th September 2018 at 20:42.

Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    The question is if that would actually be better for manu champ and worse for driver. Bad for driver championship because there would be no telling when he would charge for win. And it's quite sure he won't settle for 2-3rd or react well to team orders.

But for manu + PR it could be good.
    I agree with most of that, but I'm not sure about the team orders bit. Toyota hold all the cards as Meeke has nothing else it would seem, so a Number 2/3 contract with them, and a chance to win a few events is better than where he is now.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    I agree with most of that, but I'm not sure about the team orders bit. Toyota hold all the cards as Meeke has nothing else it would seem, so a Number 2/3 contract with them, and a chance to win a few events is better than where he is now.
    maybe he has more options than toyota.. its just tommy has spoken. eg.. if ogier leaves.. ford are in more need of a driver than toyota.

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    As Citroen are the only team running just two full time drivers, and if we are to presume they want that to change next year then it's a pretty good market right now if you're a driver.

This might create opportunities for the likes of Meeke and Tidemand (who i doubt will stick with Skoda if they are not coming with a WRC in 2020)

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I think the silly season depends on Ogier, once he decides the rest of the pieces can fall into place. After Ogier at the moment Toyota is probably the most wanted team so they can choose whoever they want, unless Citroen starts to throw some money around. With Neuville signed Hyundai can stay calm and wait to choose a 3rd driver.

If he stays at MSport then Citroen will probably push to get Lappi. So Toyota will need to replace him with someone like Suninen or Breen, maybe Paddon. That could free up a space for Meeke or Tidemand.

If he goes to Citroen then Toyota probably stays as is and MSport need a driver, could be Ostberg if they go to money saving mode.

A bit more aggressive for Citroen would be to get both Ogier and Lappi so that would be a mix of both other situations, but I doubt they will do it, but it would be a good shake up of the team. Also keep Breen and that would be a very strong team.

we'll see

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Anyone heard of any secret tests happening in a Yaris over the past month?

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I`m sure that Ogier`s one demand is having at least one wingman. Breen isn`t up to it yet.