Page 108 of 133 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1324
    Liked 2,752 Times in 1,224 Posts
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BpEUkmfh...scottymartin__

Scott Martin trying a new 2019 custom fit helmet...

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (18th October 2018)
    Liked 1,112 Times in 606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    But honestly, Makinen can sit there and say he's got the majority of decisions right in the last few years. They got a podium on their first ever event, won the 2nd event in Sweden and saw Jari help develop that Yaris so much over the winter before Monte Carlo. Jari was up there in the championship and would've been towards the end of last season if it wasn't for the technical problems in Poland and Finland, so clearly they haven't regretted signing him. Makinen again mentioned in yesterday's press release about the great work Latvala has done for the team.

So I think Tommi now deserves the benefit of the doubt. His team lead the manufacturers by a decent margin at this stage, he's signed and helped further develop Tanak into the fastest WRC driver (imo), and as he really wants Meeke, who are any of us to argue with this signing. He clearly knows what he's doing and how he wants to run his team, and he clearly looks for certain things in his drivers.
    For most things we can only guess what would have happened with other decisions. But to automatically assume it would be worse is wrong.

At end of 2016 they could get Ogier to drive and develop the car instead of Latvala. Seemingly he turned them down, but it also seems that Tommi did not really want him and for some reason also let him test the car on wet tarmac where it was far from ready (on purpose?). Tommi said as much himself. Why not let him test in Finland where the car was driving all the time? Would it get better with Ogier instead of Latvala? Possibly yes, but we will never know.

Mikkelsen was clearly faster than Latvala in same car in 2016 and got better results too. How would it go if he was there instead of Latvala? We will never know. Certainly hard to judge based on I20 experience where he came into a "developed" car with drivers that have been in the team for multiple years.

Similarly while getting Tanak certainly got them one fast driver, it also looks like it got Lappi to leave (if indirectly) and Latvala is back to his 2016 VW style (clearly 2nd and on half events even 3rd driver in the team with lots of confidence issues). Again Ogier was seemingly available at end of 2017, but it looked like they didn't even show real interest. If he joined instead of Tanak maybe they would have won both titles by now.... or maybe they would have no chance of either, again impossible to know.

Anyway they are charging for both titles now so can't say that he made very bad decisions and in the end results (and championships) are the only thing that matter to the outside.
    Last edited by mknight; 18th October 2018 at 20:50.

Liked 312 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Again Ogier was seemingly available at end of 2017, but it looked like they didn't even show real interest. If he joined instead of Tanak maybe they would have won both titles by now.... or maybe they would have no chance of either, again impossible to know.
    i wonder if tanak had joined toyota in 2017, would he have been world champion?

we considered the toyota to be not on the same level as the ford or the hyundai, but perhaps it was all down to inferior drivers. perhaps that toyota was then already the fastest car.

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,621 Times in 2,447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i wonder if tanak had joined toyota in 2017, would he have been world champion?
    I'm sure Tanak would admit that he learned a hell of a lot during 2017 from his World Champion team-mate.

6. Likes: AnttiL (19th October 2018),Gregor-y (19th October 2018),pantealex (19th October 2018),TWRC (19th October 2018)
    Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I'm sure Tanak would admit that he learned a hell of a lot during 2017 from his World Champion team-mate.
    He does. At the end of last year, he gave an interview where he talked about the things he learned and said he wouldn't mind continuing to learn, but he wants equal chances (mainly same spec car), therefore the departure. What I liked about Tänak and Ogier working together in 2017 is the mutual respect that developed during that time.

8. Likes: AnttiL (19th October 2018),cali (22nd October 2018),eib1 (19th October 2018),EstWRC (19th October 2018),pantealex (19th October 2018),Timmy (19th October 2018)
    Liked 2,752 Times in 1,224 Posts
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BpE47_RB...-by=loeb_seb_9

Well as announced today at the Paris Motor Show, #Peugeot Team will not be involved in the 2019 @fiaworldrx as they are looking at development towards electric cars in Motorsport by 2020. Now where do we go from here. �� #wrc ? We shall see over the coming days and weeks. ���� ;-)
    Of course a great idea was presented on twitter, he should go to M-Sport

10. Likes: pantealex (19th October 2018),the sniper (19th October 2018)
    Liked 4,573 Times in 1,915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr4m View Post
    He does. At the end of last year, he gave an interview where he talked about the things he learned and said he wouldn't mind continuing to learn, but he wants equal chances (mainly same spec car), therefore the departure. What I liked about Tänak and Ogier working together in 2017 is the mutual respect that developed during that time.
    they became really good friends and get a long really well...last year at Rally Spain i was at the end of the power stage at the podium, while they were waiting for Meeke to finish it was pure joy to watch Tänak and Ogier, they congratulated each other, they were chatting all the time, making jokes, talking about driving and etc, despite the fact that Tänak got a call from Wilson some hours ago after one stage and told him to stop fighting with Seb.

Every time estonian press does a interview with Seb then he always mentions that Ott has learned a lot from him, even too much
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

12. Likes: AnttiL (19th October 2018),pantealex (19th October 2018),tr4m (19th October 2018)
    Liked 604 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BpE47_RB...-by=loeb_seb_9
    Of course a great idea was presented on twitter, he should go to M-Sport
    Malcom would finally get all the drivers he has wanted in the last decade
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

14. Likes: AL14 (20th October 2018),AnttiL (19th October 2018),EstWRC (19th October 2018),kure91 (19th October 2018),pantealex (19th October 2018),the sniper (19th October 2018),tomhlord (19th October 2018),TWRC (19th October 2018)
    Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
    Why he want to be back in WRC. I mean he is legend surely, but one driver will seat this year almost sure (Paddon, Sordo, Evans, Ostberg, Breen)... And then Qassimi will drive one car and now Loeb want to get a seat too and obviously he will be prior to others... It's not right. It'sn not my call but It would be helpful if all would run three cars and maybe some other manu will be involved, then there wouldn't be a problem at all. (just my thoughts).

Liked 512 Times in 251 Posts
    He's earned it by being one of the best drivers. I'm sure if he was at the same caliber as the other guys in his day he would lose many opportunities as well. That's life

17. Likes: pantealex (19th October 2018)