Page 151 of 156 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1557
  1. #1501
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    694
    Like
    191
    Liked 537 Times in 265 Posts
    Jack Benyon who??

    That dude's just hanging off of D Evans nut sack... And we all know Evans is just a click bait columnist

  2. Likes: pantealex (7th December 2018)
  3. #1502
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    15
    Like
    25
    Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Jack Benyon who??

    That dude's just hanging off of D Evans nut sack... And we all know Evans is just a click bait columnist
    What a load of gibberish and a complete over-reaction.

  4. Likes: dodge33cymru (7th December 2018),logic (7th December 2018),tomhlord (7th December 2018)
  5. #1503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    769
    Like
    364
    Liked 354 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Wildest speculation of Silly Season from Jack Benyon, Editor of Motorsport News...

    Citroen, keen to keep Loeb employed by PSA, to use him in WRC2-Pro in a C3 R5 !

    Reasons: the limited programme and only one event out of Europe could suit him AND the PR would boost the sales of that car.
    I don't think it will happen, unfortunately, but that makes a lot of sense to me; for it to work as a customer car they're going to have to show it can be competitive. Even better if it's not just WRC2 and lets Seb do some events he's not done before. But not going to happen.
    aka Rodger Davies

  6. #1504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,241
    Like
    24
    Liked 165 Times in 111 Posts
    If Loeb does well at the Dakar Rally. Would Loeb do a few cross country rallies/ Bajas in 2019? (if the sponsorship dollars are there and the 3008 is still competitive etc?)

    The last time Hyundai was in world rally they pulled out after 6 years.
    2019 will be the 6th year in the championship in this edition of the Hyundai wrc team.

    Hyundai sales have been going fairly well in spite of the team not winning titles. Might the corporate accountants at Hyundai HQ look at the numbers and think the $$$$$ should be going to electric vehicle development rather than the wrc team?
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 7th December 2018 at 11:18.

  7. #1505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    389
    Like
    60
    Liked 193 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    If Loeb does well at the Dakar Rally. Would Loeb do a few cross country rallies/ Bajas in 2019? (if the sponsorship dollars are there and the 3008 is still competitive etc?)

    The last time Hyundai was in world rally they pulled out after 6 years.
    2019 will be the 6th year in the championship in this edition of the Hyundai wrc team.

    Hyundai sales have been going fairly well in spite of the team not winning titles. Might the corporate accountants at Hyundai HQ look at the numbers and think the $$$$$ should be going to electric vehicle development rather than the wrc team?
    It could also be the case that they attribute some of these sales to the fact they get exposure in the WRC, winning or not.

  8. #1506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,406
    Like
    418
    Liked 900 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post

    The last time Hyundai was in world rally they pulled out after 6 years.
    2019 will be the 6th year in the championship in this edition of the Hyundai wrc team.

    Hyundai sales have been going fairly well in spite of the team not winning titles. Might the corporate accountants at Hyundai HQ look at the numbers and think the $$$$$ should be going to electric vehicle development rather than the wrc team?
    Neuville just got a 3 year contract. So no
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

  9. Likes: er88 (7th December 2018),pantealex (7th December 2018)
  10. #1507
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,013
    Like
    3
    Liked 245 Times in 133 Posts
    Driver contracts have never, ever, stopped a car company pulling out of motorsport. It's peanuts compared to the bigger picture. Once a company takes a strategic decision, minor things like driver contracts are just a small line item in a spreadsheet.

    Subaru, VW, Suzuki, Mitsubishi etc etc all had to pay out drivers in WRC.

    Same in F1 etc etc.

  11. Likes: Jewy46 (7th December 2018)
  12. #1508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    956
    Like
    22
    Liked 127 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    If Loeb does well at the Dakar Rally. Would Loeb do a few cross country rallies/ Bajas in 2019? (if the sponsorship dollars are there and the 3008 is still competitive etc?)

    The last time Hyundai was in world rally they pulled out after 6 years.
    2019 will be the 6th year in the championship in this edition of the Hyundai wrc team.

    Hyundai sales have been going fairly well in spite of the team not winning titles. Might the corporate accountants at Hyundai HQ look at the numbers and think the $$$$$ should be going to electric vehicle development rather than the wrc team?
    Entering the WRC to increase car sales is like flogging a dead horse. Manufacturers would be better off giving away cars and a few quid to B-list celebrities and asking them to post a few pictures on their Twitter/Instagram accounts. Apart from sales of the old 2.0L 4x4 turbocharged cars (Impreza, EVO, Cossie, etc) I've never seen any evidence that supports the notion that competing in the WRC sells cars, winning titles or not. Ok, a few lads might turn up to a national or WRC event in a fast Ford; however, a Hyundai or Toyota?? Even during the Loeb days a spammed up Xsara/C4/C3 was a rare sighting. Someone high up in these companies must have a massive interest in the sport, because rallying really is like throwing money down a drain.

  13. #1509
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,953
    Like
    2,797
    Liked 2,990 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    Entering the WRC to increase car sales is like flogging a dead horse. Manufacturers would be better off giving away cars and a few quid to B-list celebrities and asking them to post a few pictures on their Twitter/Instagram accounts. Apart from sales of the old 2.0L 4x4 turbocharged cars (Impreza, EVO, Cossie, etc) I've never seen any evidence that supports the notion that competing in the WRC sells cars, winning titles or not. Ok, a few lads might turn up to a national or WRC event in a fast Ford; however, a Hyundai or Toyota?? Even during the Loeb days a spammed up Xsara/C4/C3 was a rare sighting. Someone high up in these companies must have a massive interest in the sport, because rallying really is like throwing money down a drain.
    So you think that rallying should only increase the sales of sporty cars? I thought it's more about making the models and brands positive in our minds, whether it's just a basic car or a homologation special. When I see a new Fiesta or C3 on the street I think about rallying, and that puts me in a nice place, and this must be what they want us to feel.

  14. Likes: pantealex (7th December 2018),Rally Power (7th December 2018)
  15. #1510
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    694
    Like
    191
    Liked 537 Times in 265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
    What a load of gibberish and a complete over-reaction.
    Sensitive chap here.... Sorry but Loeb to WRC2 is a joke..

  16. Likes: Rally Power (7th December 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •