Page 144 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1644
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Urgh, whining about 'guest' drivers is horrible. If you ran in the car all season and have 10 more rounds than a 'guest' under your belt, there's your advantage.

What counts as a guest anyway? Paddon, Sordo, Suninen? Can you not switch drivers mid season any more? This season, seven drivers ran a full calendar; are they the only ones who should score points? If Bouffier wins in Monte and decides not to do any other rounds, when does someone decide his points have to be taken away?

Don't make it like WEC where you can finish 10th in your class at Le Mans and score points for 2nd place because you got beaten by a bunch of cars with less experience and running time than you.

I'm all for qualifying stages, I thought that was a great rule and spectacle (and still is in several other series), but stopping one off drivers from taking points is just childish. What a joke.

IMO
    aka Rodger Davies

2. Likes: Simmi (27th November 2018),steve.mandzij (27th November 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    stopping one off drivers from taking points is just childish. What a joke.
    What use they have of their points? I doubt Loeb would want his championship classification this year to be taken seriously. Of course for a manufacturer championship it's another story.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    What use they have of their points? I doubt Loeb would want his championship classification this year to be taken seriously. Of course for a manufacturer championship it's another story.
    It's not about their points, it's about the points they take away from other drivers.

5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (27th November 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    It's not about their points, it's about the points they take away from other drivers.
    I see no difference. If they don't score, don't take away any.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

7. Likes: cali (28th November 2018)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Lets just give everyone who does all the rounds the World Champion trophy and everyone who finishes the rally gets the winner's trophy. Everyone will be happy then.

I think it's a pseudo problem
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

9. Likes: cali (27th November 2018),Rallyper (27th November 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I see no difference. If they don't score, don't take away any.
    So this would mean that in Spain 2018, with Loeb first and Ogier second it would have been 0 for Loeb and 25 for Ogier, meaning no 3-way fight in Australia. Good for Ogier yes, not good for the sport.
    I also suggest back to qually...no more ploughing or cleanining if you are the man...and it is rather hard to be THE man at the moment, with so big competition.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 27th November 2018 at 12:34.

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (27th November 2018)
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Put the names in a hat each driver pulls out a name. first name out first on the road. Drivers pull the names out in order they finished the previous rally. Basic but effective nobody can compain then 😁

13. Likes: TyPat107 (28th November 2018)
    Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    Put the names in a hat each driver pulls out a name. first name out first on the road. Drivers pull the names out in order they finished the previous rally. Basic but effective nobody can compain then ��
    Something like this used to happen in the 90's I believe. I remember reading Colin McRae's book and he mentioned a time when he almost missed pulling his name out of the hat and if he did he would have been first on the road.
    Something like that anyway. Maybe it's not a bad idea....But then you would have drivers complaining of "bad luck"

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewy46 View Post
    Something like this used to happen in the 90's I believe. I remember reading Colin McRae's book and he mentioned a time when he almost missed pulling his name out of the hat and if he did he would have been first on the road.
    Something like that anyway. Maybe it's not a bad idea....But then you would have drivers complaining of "bad luck"
    Not pulled from the hat. The driver who was leading after day 1 got to pick his road position first the day after. I think Colin once showed up late and had to go first the day after. But the first day was always in championship order, although it could have been a short day as well.

This, of course, was a result of drivers stopping at the ends of the last stages of the day to get a better road position.

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Not pulled from the hat. The driver who was leading after day 1 got to pick his road position first the day after. I think Colin once showed up late and had to go first the day after. But the first day was always in championship order, although it could have been a short day as well.

This, of course, was a result of drivers stopping at the ends of the last stages of the day to get a better road position.
    Ahh, the rally when Delecour started the next day 20-ish minutes early to sweep the stage a tiny bit before McRae started. Not that it helped much as Delecour had his first of 2 major crashes in two years in Rally Australia that year.