Page 76 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
    Liked 121 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Finally Kris found a good team with a good place!
    Totally happy for him!

And fck Citroen now! Team moaning team with moaning drivers... perfect underdog!

You WILL see Meeke will crash next year with the Toyota too

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (10th October 2018)
    Liked 278 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    You WILL see Meeke will crash next year with the Toyota too
    And so will many others. 2019 will be a year when a lot of drivers will feel the pressure with short term or part year contracts.

Regardless of the fight for the championship its been a duller year since Kris was canned so for one am glad to see him back and wouldnt be surprised if he is re-born with TMG.

Liked 1,928 Times in 893 Posts
    Great news; for Meeke, for the WRC and for Toyota. Without the pressure of being a leading driver or a car developer, Meeke can focus only on his driving and hopefully he’ll manage to deliver some good results.

Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    And fck Citroen now! Team moaning team with moaning drivers... perfect underdog!
    Don’t be stupid. Meeke owes a large part of his career to Peugeot/Citroen and despite the troubled times what matters now is to have Citroen and Meeke doing well again in the WRC. Fingers crossed for both.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Or maybe they're doing it on purpose now?
    Come on…Clark was just guessing, like many other journos are most of the time (this said, I really hope Evans is right on this Meeke scoop).
    Last edited by Rally Power; 10th October 2018 at 15:26.
    Rally addict since 1982

5. Likes: AnttiL (10th October 2018),OnlyRally (10th October 2018)
    Liked 4,757 Times in 1,977 Posts
    who have been Meekes teammates so far? Sordo, Ostberg and Breen come to my mind.

Hoe did he do against Sordo on Mini days?
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

Liked 1,177 Times in 642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Mknight, I think you should leave the spreadsheets alone tbh.

Everyone knows Evans is in the same boat regarding how he compares to Ogier, just on an even greater scale. However Evans has never been on Ogier's level, whereas Paddon and Mikkelsen had been on Neuville's level in the past or had been/seemed to be better at times. How times have changed now though...

That's why I said they've both been smashed to pieces by Thierry. They look beaten and lost at times. What the Belgian has done in making them both look pretty ordinary in the same machinery is impressive
    You got only part of the point with the statistics.(that Evans is much worse than Ogier). I am not trying to say that Neuville isn't much better in same car than Paddon and Mikkelsen. What I tried to illustrate was that Latvala and Lappi are about as bad relative to Tšnak as those at Hyundai relative to Neuville. (though it's still early for Lappi).

Liked 3,022 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You got only part of the point with the statistics.(that Evans is much worse than Ogier). I am not trying to say that Neuville isn't much better in same car than Paddon and Mikkelsen. What I tried to illustrate was that Latvala and Lappi are about as bad relative to Tšnak as those at Hyundai relative to Neuville. (though it's still early for Lappi).
    Put Paddon to drive through the tarmac rallies and his average drops. Same for Sordo in the fast rallies.

9. Likes: EstWRC (10th October 2018),pantealex (10th October 2018)
    Liked 1,177 Times in 642 Posts
    Meeke in Toyota is indeed good news for multiple reasons.

As Rally Power says without pressure maybe there is hope for more stable results. I somehow doubt he can change much at this point, but Toyota (money) and Tommi (boss) can take the occaisonal crashes without risking the future of the team and their position in championship.
    In either case, entertainment is guaranteed.

Liked 810 Times in 386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    That fact then, plus extra money on offer at Citroen is probably what has made Lappi jump ship then.

Would it be fair to say Tanak has scared Lappi away?

Or is there just more behind the scenes issues that have resulted in Lappi moving on?

It really doesn't seem like Makinen is too bothered either. They could afford to keep Lappi if they desperately wanted to, but both Makinen and Lappi seem to want to look elsewhere. Makinen sounded like he wanted Meeke as soon as he was dumped by Citroen.

Liked 810 Times in 386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gheeD View Post
    I'm going to hope its not the truth and wait for official confirmation for Toyota lineup.
    If the BBC are reporting it then it's done.

Liked 422 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    who have been Meekes teammates so far? Sordo, Ostberg and Breen come to my mind.

Hoe did he do against Sordo on Mini days?
    Was teammate to Sordo in 2011, Sordo grabbed a couple podiums on tarmac (nearly won in Alsace). Meeke did okay in the rallies he finished (4th in Wales was his best), but other times he was off the road.