Page 55 of 165 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    thanks for te answer mate.
    imho is a succesfull tactic for Hyundai when you consider that this entry gained 84 points when Neuville,the championship leader has 140.

how much points have gained Toyota from his second best placed driver? i dont ask about citroen/ford they are a lot behind at points.
    A factor here is that the switching has always put either Sordo or Paddon in good starting position on gravel events, so for the team it's actually good to run split season, as long as they have drivers that accept it. Not good for those drivers in the long term though.

For Toyota
    Lappi and Latvala both got 74 teampoints. For statistics like this planetmarcus has the best table:
    http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    If you look only at the results, the best strategy for hyundai would be to sack mikkelsen, and give both sordo and paddon a full championship.
    Results:
    Number of rallies Sordo retired from with technical issues: 0, number of crashes resulting in retirement 2
    Number of rallies Paddon retired with technical issues: 0, number of crashes 1
    Number of rallies Mikkelsen retired with technical issues: 4 (2x from 1st place, 3rd and 4th), number of crashes 1

Number of times Mikkelsen was faster than Paddon in same rally 3, faster than Sordo 0
    Number of times Paddon was faster than Mikkelsen 1

If anything they should sack Paddon and give Sordo full season.

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (2nd October 2018)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Pretty pointless KT by C.Clark... told us nothing new factually, just total speculation.
    I don't really remember any KT which wasn't just about only speculation. Still worth hearing imo.

4. Likes: AnttiL (2nd October 2018),pantealex (2nd October 2018),tomhlord (2nd October 2018)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I don't really remember any KT which wasn't just about only speculation. Still worth hearing imo.
    I like the KT, but considering he had no actual news I would expect him to just discuss the one actual fact - ie. why Ogier moved.

He totally skated over this... no mention of Citroen's new money, any sponsorship deals, if Manu's title is an objective etc etc. Ditto the full effects on M-Sport of losing Ogier and Ford not being fully-comitted.

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    If you expect Mr Clark to provide solid news pre-press release or public interview, then that misses the point somewhat. Speculation and rumours from his connections, plus added opinion, that's what it's for and that all adds (along with this forum thread) to the fun of Silly Season.

7. Likes: Allez Andruet (2nd October 2018),AnttiL (2nd October 2018),er88 (2nd October 2018),juhoman (5th October 2018),Micke_VOC (3rd October 2018),mknight (2nd October 2018),pantealex (2nd October 2018),tr4m (3rd October 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    If you look only at the results, the best strategy for hyundai would be to sack mikkelsen, and give both sordo and paddon a full championship.
    But I wouldn’t expect Paddon to score many points on tarmac nor Sordo to do so on fast rallies

9. Likes: Allez Andruet (2nd October 2018)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Clark knows sh*t, and it amazes me since he is working inside the series.

those kitchen tables are a good humour for me.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: cali (2nd October 2018),jonkka (3rd October 2018),Micke_VOC (3rd October 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I like the KT, but considering he had no actual news I would expect him to just discuss the one actual fact - ie. why Ogier moved.

He totally skated over this... no mention of Citroen's new money, any sponsorship deals, if Manu's title is an objective etc etc. Ditto the full effects on M-Sport of losing Ogier and Ford not being fully-comitted.
    The only facts he ever reports are the ones that are already confirmed by a press release. That’s the same for everyone. Until that point, everything is speculation, whether it be on here or at his table.
    He’s good on the radio (well he was) but this kitchen table shit is just him rubbing his ego and loads of fanboys telling him he’s a legend.

13. Likes: cali (2nd October 2018),EstWRC (2nd October 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Clark knows sh*t, and it amazes me since he is working inside the series.
    I bet he knows, and sure must have "insider information" (as the "inside" is relatively small bunch of people in WRC), but can't release any of that stop the press stuff on KT.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

15. Likes: AnttiL (2nd October 2018),Hartusvuori (3rd October 2018),Micke_VOC (3rd October 2018),pantealex (2nd October 2018),tomhlord (3rd October 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I don't think you can really compare that. It's quite hard to understand if a full-time driver would have gained more than that.
    the point isnt to understand .if a full time driver what he would do,but what the main competitor 2nd placed driver did at the same year.
    And Hyundais entry with the duo driver gained more points (till now of course) from Toyotas 2nd placed driver.

Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I could reply to you asking you if in the last 10 years the winning manufacturers ever rotate their drivers. Unless maybe some exception none did. But that is not the point. The long term is. Paddon will not be a good driver again driving half year, Huttunen will not get a proper experience if the third car will be shared by 2 other drivers.
    agree about the drivers,but just wanted to see it from manufacturer side.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    But both have 5 manufacturer eligible starts. Remember that Paddon was nominated for points in Portugal so Sordo’s fourth place was wasted.
    Right, wrong by me.