Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    The proper and fully approved formula for greatness , approved by the bagwan , himself , when the big "think about it" occurred a few minutes ago , states categorically that instilling fear when seen in a driver's rear view , or , indeed great satisfaction at passing him , no matter what he was driving , makes him one of the greats .
    I don't recall a single driver who instilled more fear when seen in your mirrors than Yuji Ide.

2. Likes: Big Ben (22nd August 2018)
    Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    The proper and fully approved formula for greatness , approved by the bagwan , himself , when the big "think about it" occurred a few minutes ago , states categorically that instilling fear when seen in a driver's rear view , or , indeed great satisfaction at passing him , no matter what he was driving , makes him one of the greats .
    I agree, and Alonso has been that driver many, many times. Had he made the right choices and landed in better cars, I think he would be close to or on par with any other records held by those that had such fortune. In terms of purely driving skill, I would find it hard to name any other driver in recent years that is better.

4. Likes: Big Ben (22nd August 2018)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I'll miss Fernando big time... and he wasnt just great, he was fucking great! end of...

6. Likes: Big Ben (22nd August 2018),Tazio (23rd August 2018)
    Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I'll miss Fernando big time... and he wasnt just great, he was fucking great! end of...
    You better Hong Kong believe it!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I agree, and Alonso has been that driver many, many times. Had he made the right choices and landed in better cars, I think he would be close to or on par with any other records held by those that had such fortune. In terms of purely driving skill, I would find it hard to name any other driver in recent years that is better.
    Right choices .
    Climate change in all the teams he left , left him in bad luck .

He's not so disruptive , if you ask Fisichella , a guy he soundly beat .
    But ask someone more affected by a confident toreador beside him and you'll get a different answer , or a pout .

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    The proper and fully approved formula for greatness , approved by the bagwan , himself , when the big "think about it" occurred a few minutes ago , states categorically that instilling fear when seen in a driver's rear view...
    Sooo... Daniil Kvyat?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Apparently, Alonso claims Redbull offered him Ricciado's seat and he rejected it. Horner is also quoted as saying that no offer was made to Alonso. The whole thing kind of stinks.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The whole thing kind of stinks.
    You might be smelling Flavio .

12. Likes: N4D13 (25th August 2018)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Apparently, Alonso claims Redbull offered him Ricciado's seat and he rejected it. Horner is also quoted as saying that no offer was made to Alonso. The whole thing kind of stinks.
    Let me quote Joe Saward:

Well, I'll tell you a story. In Baku I was talking to a senior Red Bull Racing individual known as Christian and Flavio Briatore approached: "Oh God," Christian said (Sorry if this sounds like Pilgrim's Progess). "He's trying to sell me Alonso again. We don't want him." I was not surprised by responded: "You don't want him?". Christian looked to the skies and said: "We have no interest in him at all". I will leave it to you to figure out who is telling the truth in this case...

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    You might be smelling Flavio .
    Ha ha :-)
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare