Some seats for the next season have already been sorted, while the rest is still open. With Ricciardo moving to Renault and Strolls buying Force India it looks like there could be quite a bit of movement in midfield. So what could we get as a line-up next year?

Mercedes: Hamilton, Bottas

Ferrari: Vettel, Räikkönen? Leclerc? I think it's between these two now.

Red Bull-Honda: Verstappen, Gasly? Sainz? Surely one of those? Or will we have a surprise?

Renault: Ricciardo, Hülkenberg

Haas-Ferrari: Magnussen? Grosjean? Leclerc? I guess K-Mag stays on, but what about the second seat?

former F.I.-Mercedes: Stroll, Perez? Ocon? One of current drivers probably has to go elsewhere following the purchase by daddy Stroll. Anyone else in range for the seat?

McLaren-Renault: Alonso? Vandoorne? Norris? Sainz? All open here. What will Alonso do? Has Vandoorne convinced McLaren to keep him? Sainz has been rumoured. Anyone else?

Toro Rosso-Honda: Gasly? Sainz? Hartley? Norris? Sainz is out of Renault now, what next? Gasly could move on. Hartley has been unconvincing, will he stay? TR is also trying to get Norris from McLaren. Anyone else?

Sauber-Ferrari: Leclerc? Ericsson? Giovinazzi? Could Leclerc get a promotion to a better team? Could Gio make a comeback for the full season now? Ericsson's backers own the team, so he is a shoe-in to continue?

Williams-Mercedes: Sirotkin? Kubica? Russell? Could this be the opportunity for reserve driver Kubica to move into a race seat? But Mercedes needs to place their juniors somewhere too (including Ocon). Surely Williams would need a paydriver following the departure of Stroll? Oh, so complicated.