Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Autosport is reporting that RBR will stick with Gasly and McLaren is shooting for Sainz.
    And McLaren have confirmed Sainz for 2019, which in turn almost certainly means that Gasly will drive for RBR now. Red Bull had an option on him until September, so it's clear that they've turned their back on Sainz and as far as we know, there was only one other candidate.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    With the following teams still yet to anounnce their driver line up for 2019, who do you think is going where? The following are some of the possibilities :-

Ferrari - Vettel [Raikonen/Leclerc]
    HAAS - [Kimi/Grojean/Leclerc/Perez ] [Magnussen/Ocon]
    Torro Rosso [Hartley???] [Possibiy Kyvat]
    Sauber [Leclerc/Perez] [Erickson/Markelov]
    Force India [Possibly Stroll] [Perez/Ocon/Magnussen]
    Williams [Sirotkin/Markelov/Rowland] [Kubica/Ocon/Grosjean]

I think HAAS has a unique opportunity of picking the very best available at moment, they may fancy the Force India pair whom have reliably obtained the best possible points finish available to Force India these last two years. And they have made less mistakes compared to the HAAS pair this season. It would not surprise me if they signed Kimi; if he loses his Ferrari seat. If they do, l have a feeling that Grosjean may well lose his seat.

I also have a feeling that Hartley may be given the shove in 2019, l wonder which Redbull junior would be getting this unprecedented opportunity.

I also think Sauber would work hard to sign Perez if the can. If they do, l think Erickson may also get the shove in 2019. The ideal situation for Sauber would be to sign two drivers with funding behind them. Perez would be ideal because he is a more capable driver than Erickson and maybe Markelov. Both have huge funding behind them.

The smart move at Force India would be to hang on to Perez if they can, they would not want his ability, money and experience going into the hands of their competition.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    If STR brings back a former driver, my money would be on Buemi rather than Kvyat, as they have already appointed him reserve driver until the end of the season. Also, I don't think the split between Red Bull and Kvyat was all that amicable, first with his demotion from RBR and ultimately with dropping him entirely.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Pretty much everyone in the press is betting on Leclerc to get the second Ferrari seat now, which makes you wonder where Räikkönen will end. Haas, Sauber or will he leave F1?

Vandoorne is also being linked with a switch to Toro Rosso, which I think makes a lot of sense for both parties. Certainly more than bringing someone like Buemi, whom I don't see leaving FE when he's got chances of fighting for the championship there. And gm99 already pointed out that about Kyvat.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Pretty much everyone in the press is betting on Leclerc to get the second Ferrari seat now, which makes you wonder where Räikkönen will end. Haas, Sauber or will he leave F1?

Vandoorne is also being linked with a switch to Toro Rosso, which I think makes a lot of sense for both parties. Certainly more than bringing someone like Buemi, whom I don't see leaving FE when he's got chances of fighting for the championship there. And gm99 already pointed out that about Kyvat.
    Actually, Autosport seem rather confident that Kyvat will be getting a Toro Rosso seat. I actually forgot there were two seats up for grabs at Toro Rosso.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Problem with Ocon is that he is Mercedes "owned" so I don't see him going to Haas or Sauber. Williams needs a better car before Ocon can go there.
    Mercedes seem willing to let Ocon go if any team is interested in signing him which is disappointing. Hence, Haas may well be on the cards for Ocon.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I think FI keep Perez.
    I would not be surprised if Perez decides to leave Force India. The Haas is the most desirable seat on the grid at the moment, Perez may be lured there easily. It is a more stable environment than the new Force India. I personally think they did not show him enough respect for his reliable delivery of points to the team.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

7. Likes: N. Jones (10th September 2018)
    Liked 1,066 Times in 598 Posts
    Problem with Ocon is that he is under contract to Mercedes so I don't see him going to Haas or Sauber. Williams needs a better car before Ocon can go there. I think FI keep Perez.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Leclerc-Räikkönen swap announced

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    So Kimi's F1 career will (most likely) end in 2020 where it began in late 2000, at Sauber. Actually, I think this is very nice and preferable to seeing him drop out of F1 entirely at the end of this season.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    https://www.eurosport.co.uk/formula-...89/story.shtml

So Giovinazzi signs with Sauber in what can be only seen as a Ferrari B-team move.
    I rate him rather poorly and really no different than Ericcsen who was the worst driver on the grid for years in my book.
    Sauber should have gone more aggressive and hired a Wehrlein, Ocon or kvyatt (the current Ferarri test driver ffs)
    Ocon would have been released from his Mercedes contract and would have instantly given Sauber one of the strongest F1 lineups.
    oh well.

I expect more crashes and mistakes from Antonio in 2019. SMH
    you can't argue with results.