Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Daniel Ricciardo's decision to leave Red Bull is because he does not want to play the support role to Max Verstappen, claims team boss Christian Horner. (Planet F1)

As we suspected...

Quite surprised Horner admitted that...

Did they honestly expect Danny to accept a No2 position in the team to a kid? Pffft!

You know your true value and stood up for yourself... regardless of the success (it does or doesnt bring) I think you did the right thing Danny.

RB thought they could play hardball because no other top 3 team seats were up for grabs. Serves them right... hope they lose Newey to Renault too.

2. Likes: Warriwa (13th August 2018)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Daniel Ricciardo's decision to leave Red Bull is because he does not want to play the support role to Max Verstappen, claims team boss Christian Horner. (Planet F1)

As we suspected...

Quite surprised Horner admitted that...

Did they honestly expect Danny to accept a No2 position in the team to a kid? Pffft!

You know your true value and stood up for yourself... regardless of the success (it does or doesnt bring) I think you did the right thing Danny.

RB thought they could play hardball because no other top 3 team seats were up for grabs. Serves them right... hope they lose Newey to Renault too.
    Horner clearly stated in his interview that Ricciardo would not have ever been playing a supporting role and that both drivers would always have received equal opportunity. Essentially the only supporting role would have been in Danny’s head.

I haven’t read the PlanetF1’s version of the interview but I have read the whole interview and he was very clear on what he stated. Your post takes what he said entirely out of context and puts a fake spin on it.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 12th August 2018 at 12:55.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars View Post
    Ricciardo with Renault is a good fit at this stage of his career I think.

He'll end up with Ferrari eventually - but not yet.

Its rare for a driver placement to be a somewhat surprise so its good when it happens.

Gasley seems most likely for RBR but Alonso could be the dark horse. Alonso is still driving as well as ever.
    After the grief that he gave Honda at Mclaren, l very much doubt he would be considered at Redbull with a Honda engine.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

But what do we think of Redbull and Honda for 2019? I have a sneaky suspicion that they [Honda with Redbull] may surprise many in 2019. The performance trajectory of the Honda is looking very impressive. It propelled Gastly to 4th in Bahrain l think. And it would be better in the 2nd half of the year. But reliability is still very much a problem.

That said, l would put money on Redbull winning a race with the Honda engine in 2019. I think Gastly has impressed so much, l think it is a no brainer that he may be shoehorned into the vacant seat. Unfortunately Sainz did not do enough at Renault to warrant a chance.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 12th August 2018 at 18:54.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Horner clearly stated in his interview that Ricciardo would not have ever been playing a supporting role and that both drivers would always have received equal opportunity. Essentially the only supporting role would have been in Danny’s head.

I haven’t read the PlanetF1’s version of the interview but I have read the whole interview and he was very clear on what he stated. Your post takes what he said entirely out of context and puts a fake spin on it.

I couldn't see it on PlanetF1 but have just watched the interview and.. yep, you're right, totally out of context. The first part of my post was the headline of the story for PF1 so wasnt my own spin on the story. I should have looked harder before posting it though so apologies... my bad. RB would never admit to it but its not hard to believe they might have been favouring Max over Danny. Id like to hear what Webber would say about this theory.

Unbroadcast Radio coms between Ric and the Engineers in Hungary. Surprising in quantity in itself but his 'yeah, whatever' type attitude at the end when they were congratulating him on his good drive, left me wondering if he is a bit pissed off... or just has a lot on his mind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-aN_6iYHI
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I couldn't see it on PlanetF1 but have just watched the interview and.. yep, you're right, totally out of context. The first part of my post was the headline of the story for PF1 so wasnt my own spin on the story. I should have looked harder before posting it though so apologies... my bad. RB would never admit to it but its not hard to believe they might have been favouring Max over Danny. Id like to hear what Webber would say about this theory.

Unbroadcast Radio coms between Ric and the Engineers in Hungary. Surprising in quantity in itself but his 'yeah, whatever' type attitude at the end when they were congratulating him on his good drive, left me wondering if he is a bit pissed off... or just has a lot on his mind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-aN_6iYHI
    Sorry to sound like the smartass, but quite honestly, that's to be expected if you read PF1.

I gave up on them a while ago because most of what they wrote was utter garbage. I'm sticking with Autosport and the Joe Saward blog now.

I watched the Chinese GP again today and what a brilliant race for Ricciado that was. It was one of those races where the relative maturity between Ricciado and Verstapenn showed a big gap in Ricciado's favour. This race was a race that Verstapenn could have won but slipped out of his reach due to two poor overtaking mistakes which handed the opportunity to Ricciado hovering behind the youngster after a brilliant overtake of Raikonnen.
    From fifth, Ricciado sliced his way forward to win the race. Of course this was helped by some very quick smart thinking of Redbull to slap on some fresh tyres on both cars during the safety car of Hartley/Gasly accident. Both Mercedes and Ferrari were slow to react and paid dearly as the potential win slipped away.

One cannot help thinking Redbull may have won more than four races if they ensured that Ricciadso had access to the best equipment Redbull had available.
    William Shakespeare