Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hungary 2018

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Well, be surprised then - no investigation against Vettel.
    Even Toto Wolff (on Austrian TV) called it a racing incident, but expects a time penalty against Bottas for ramming Ricciardo.
    Well it looks like Toto was correct.

What do others think about the time penalty added to Bottas?

I had mentioned upthread that I was surprised that Ricciardo sent it on the outside as soon as he got the chance, but I'm not sure if Ricciardo knew about the wing damage either. What I did notice was that at the time of the impact, it didn't look as if Bottas really had made any attempt to turn in yet. The wheels were still almost straight. Though he had overcooked it into the corner, he could have at least made the attempt.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Well it looks like Toto was correct.

What do others think about the time penalty added to Bottas?

I had mentioned upthread that I was surprised that Ricciardo sent it on the outside as soon as he got the chance, but I'm not sure if Ricciardo knew about the wing damage either. What I did notice was that at the time of the impact, it didn't look as if Bottas really had made any attempt to turn in yet. The wheels were still almost straight. Though he had overcooked it into the corner, he could have at least made the attempt.
    Wow, What a turn of events? Mercedes is surely making Ferrari pay dearly when they are less than perfect. Mercedes must be on top of their game from this point on, to maintain the momentum, l think Ferrari can still recover from here.

This is a monumental fight and Ferrari is coming out of it with a bloody nose lately. This is surely one of the best season for some time l think. And Hamilton is showing why he is one of the best F1 driver to ever turn a F1 wheel. He is certainly earning every cent he is paid this year.

The rain definitely offered Mercedes the chance to mount an upset and they took it with both hands until the Bottas pitstop error. A hallmark of Ferrari cars is they are typically crap in the rain and it cost them dearly this weekend on a track where track position goes a long way to ensuring a win. On sunday, Ferrari seemed very anxious and edgy as they can see Mercedes edging away in the points. This weekend could easily be the deciding factor of the championship if Ferrari is rattled by the way this weekend turned out.

I think Mercedes still have an uphill battle on their hands and they currently have the benefit of points advantage at this stage. Now they have to hang on to it if they can.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd August 2018 at 02:30.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Of course it turns out verstappens car had an electrical problem. I hope both horner and brundle will issue horner continues to show why he is the worst team principle on the grid
    When it comers to Renault, Horner is sure to be consistently a blab. I am certain apologies shall be a rare event as well.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare